Any Moody Blues Fans???

PDA

View Full Version : Any Moody Blues Fans???

xsk3l3t0rx
01-15-2008, 11:22 PM
i was curious as to see if there were any moody fans on UG. and now for the question ive really been aiming towards, does anyone in the world know what amps or effects justin hayward used? i love the guitar tone he had on the early albums, and after reading so many pages on the internet, all i know is he played an es 335, fender telecaster, and a fender stratocaster, that is it. i am convinced nowhere on the internet lists his gear. btw theres nothing on guitargeek either. if anyone can find this information, you win the internets.

BOC15
01-15-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm not sure on your question, sorry man

But anyway, i think that moody blues are really good, they have some great music and i dont think that they have ever gotten the recognition they deserve either, This probably isnt the proper thing to be said on a classic rock forum, but you know, moody blues are practically ranked up there with the rest of them from how much talent they have, now im not saying they are the best cause theyre not but they are fairly good to listen to you know.

playmetal5150
01-15-2008, 11:35 PM
how can you not like the moody blues.. i listen to metal and I like the moody blues.. cant tell you what kind of stuff they use.. i did see a dvd of them at my friends house look that up maybe you can find soemthing on that

xsk3l3t0rx
01-15-2008, 11:36 PM
i can agree with that. my favorite band is probably queen, and i like floyd/tull/beatles all that jazz, but then you hear the early moodies stuff and its like ur caught with ur pants down. you dont know what it is at first, but you're sucked in and you dont want to turn it off. well, maybe not like that for everyone, but after hearing question of balance and EGBDF, i knew i was hooked for sure.

Peter Hayes
01-16-2008, 03:57 PM
From Wikipedia

For the most part, he has used a red Gibson 335 ("main axe"), though he shifts between other guitars in both concert and recording, including and not limited to a 1955 Martin D-28 "Dreadnaught", a James Olssen, Black Guild acoustic, (mock) Squier Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, an unnamed, open-tuned 12-string (for "Question"), and in 1967 a black Les Paul. Between 1965 and 1968 he was without his Gibson 335 and relied on other instruments. He has a pronounced dislike for Ovation guitars."