Steely Dan

PDA

View Full Version : Steely Dan

BOC15
01-15-2008, 11:44 PM
You know i haven't been hearing anything about steely dan, i think they are one of the best jazzy bluesy rock groups ive ever heard of you know

What do you got to say

Trapman870
01-15-2008, 11:49 PM
agreed. alive in america has to be one of the best live albums ever.

brado
01-15-2008, 11:55 PM
I completely agree, "countdown to ecstacy" is one of the best albums I have. :)

BOC15
01-16-2008, 12:00 AM
Yes, exactly, Aja was also a great album, the song itself i absolutely hated at first, but eventually i thought it was practically a masterpiece you know, and i've been lookin for they box set Citizen Steely Dan but i couldn't find it anywhere yet, not only that i've been wanting to see them live but i havent found them playin shows anywhere..

Does anyone out there know if they are still all in the group of Steely Dan because i know Donald Fagen did some solo songs and albums, but does anyone know if they still do shows together?

BrainDamage
01-16-2008, 07:46 PM
^^they toured last year.

I'm not a Steely Dan fanatic, but I like listening to them. Very good guitar work :)

rockinlespaul
01-16-2008, 11:19 PM
Yeah he was pretty good.

Let the flamers go....hehe

Guitar Eater
01-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Just remember peeps, tell Rikki to send it off in a letter to herself.

studer
01-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Yeah he was pretty good.

Let the flamers go....hehe

He who??? Steely Dan was for the most part 2 people.....Walter Becker and Donald Fagen. They then had a whole mess of studio musicians and then some. Michael McDonald sang for them on quite a few songs....most known would be "Peg" !!!Jeff "The Skunk" Baxter did some guitar work as did Denny Dias. Such advanced stuff musically for their time. They Never toured other than to support one of their 1st albums. Then never tourde again for like 19 years or something!!! GREAT MUSIC!!!!!

Johnthewrench
02-16-2008, 03:40 AM
Just remember peeps, tell Rikki to send it off in a letter to herself.

That was a song about the gay pickup scene.
But a damn good song.

IHATECHILDREN
02-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Steely Dan is, quite possibly, my favorite classic rock band.

Aja is amazing, and Can't Buy A Thrill is pretty damn good too.

linkinwayne
02-16-2008, 01:02 PM
I like Steely Dan. Aja, Reelin the Years.

TheHeartbreaker
02-17-2008, 11:30 PM
He who??? Steely Dan was for the most part 2 people.....Walter Becker and Donald Fagen. They then had a whole mess of studio musicians and then some. Michael McDonald sang for them on quite a few songs....most known would be "Peg" !!!Jeff "The Skunk" Baxter did some guitar work as did Denny Dias. Such advanced stuff musically for their time. They Never toured other than to support one of their 1st albums. Then never tourde again for like 19 years or something!!! GREAT MUSIC!!!!!

He was joking, bro.