Less Difficult SRV-type blues

PDA

View Full Version : Less Difficult SRV-type blues

seedmole
01-16-2008, 02:41 AM
I really love the tone and emotion in SRV's playing (who doesn't?) but pretty much all of his songs that I have heard are quite a bit out of my league for now, and I'm looking for some stuff that is similar to his work in its sound and style, but a bit easier to play.

Does anybody have any recommendations to that effect? Of course, easier songs by SRV himself would definitely work also.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Would this be the right forum for this request?

ZootCst
01-16-2008, 02:59 AM
Life by the drop is a good, easy SRV tune.

seedmole
01-16-2008, 05:31 AM
Thanks, I'll look into it.

Blurry 505
01-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Check out Cold Shot. Once you get the heavy type strum down its very simple. Somethin like that you should just work on until you get if your havin troubles

and yeah this is the right forum, i dont see why not!

ze monsta
01-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Just try try and try again until you can play anything you want to play.
If you want it enough, and you try enough, it will happen.

/cliche

tatorbits
02-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Actually Pride & Joy is simple enough. Its just the solos that are hard to re-create. Just make up your own solos, improv (if you can), and you should be fine.

A tip on how to play Pride & Joy: Don't hit individual strings. Mute all the strings except for the one you want to ring, and strum all of them.

e|--x
B|--x
G|--x
D|--x
A|--x
E|--0

Something like that, if that helps you understand lol

urik
02-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Mary Had A Little Lamb isn't hard.
Also the Texas Flood intro.

Dimebag22
02-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Rude Mood is easy.... :p:

In all seriousness, Life By The Drop, The House Is Rockin', Tightrope, Crossfire.

Those are all fairly simple. Some are harder than others though.

Carswell98
02-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Rude Mood is easy.... :p:

man, what am i doing wrong :( lol

try Testify, it has a simple riff, then improvise

APL88
02-20-2008, 12:53 PM
All of his songs are quite easy if your just learning the rythm sections and it's pointless just copying blues solos note for note. So learn som rythms like the pride and joy shuffle for example and just play along with albums and im sure you will get it down.

srvflood
02-20-2008, 09:47 PM
Lenny is pretty easy. That song has a lot of emotion too. One of the most beautiful songs I've heard.