Little Feat

PDA

View Full Version : Little Feat

tomathy
01-17-2008, 01:07 PM
does anyone like little feat? i went to see them a few months ago (it was paul berera and another guy) and they were amazing.

if you do like them, please join my group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/littlefeat/)

studer
01-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Any day of the week and any time of the day.....I can listen to Little Feat!!! I went and saw them last year and it was great!! I actually had Fred Tackett respond on a MySpace page. Pretty cool. Yes a great band indeed. Another funny piece of Little Feat Info, there is a Midnight Special DVD where Paul Barrere was introducing the next band and his caption said Fred Tackett. Obviously the producers at Midnight Special didn't know what the hell they were doing!!! I LOVE LITTLE FEAT!! Have you ever heard of "The Amazing Rhythm Aces"???

Cptbeefheart
01-17-2008, 05:07 PM
^I love Waiting for Columbus. Lowell George is a guitarist that never really gets talked about, which is really a shame.

studer
01-17-2008, 06:41 PM
I like "Waiting for Columbus" "Hoy Hoy" "Down on the Farm" "Dixie Chicken" etc. etc. I think a better question would be What Little Feat album don't you like??

BrainDamage
01-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Roll Um Easy is beautiful.

Discuss.

turnstiles27
01-28-2009, 09:23 PM
I first heard of them very recently, when my girlfriend's mom gave me a copy of Raw Tomatoes Vol. 1, which is evidently a collection of obscurities and live tracks. I suppose a compilation of rarities is perhaps not the best introduction to a band, but so far I've been really enjoying it, despite the poor recording quality present on a number of the tracks. Anyone have any suggestions of where to go from here?

BrainDamage
01-28-2009, 09:53 PM
^^Waiting For Columbus. Dixie Chicken is very good too.

Fun fact for all you obsessive Zeppelin fans out there: wiki quotes Mr. Jimmy Page himself as saying "Little Feat is my favorite American group".

master
01-28-2009, 09:56 PM
I was thinking of starting a little feat thread the other day but must have slipped my mind. Really an awesome band with great songwriters.

aig91
06-15-2009, 03:23 AM
I found this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjDvwGxJ0Yc) on Youtube the other day. It was recorded fairly recently. Looks like they've still got it, even with the absence of Lowell George. I would love to see them while they're still touring.

Jazz Funeral
06-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Man, I've been listening to Little Feat all my life. I've heard it said that Lowell George taught us all to sing, I can see that. In fact, the only group I like to sing along with more would be The Allman Brothers. My dad and I jam "Willin'" often, and since he blows harp, it comes of more like the version you hear on their debut. But yeah, I love the aforementioned albums. "Two Trains", "Oh Atlanta", "Old Folks Boogie" - the hippest song about impotence, "Fool Yourself" - written by Fred Tacket long before he was a member, "Skin it Back" - the hippest song about the lack of a circumcision. Lowell thought Fusion was bogus, but "Day at the Dog Races" is so killer. "Feats Don't Fail Me Now", "Cold Cold Cold", "Spanish Moon", and "All That You Dream", are all favorites of mine. Also, if you didn't know, they're the backing band on Robert Palmer's first several albums. "Sneaking Sally Through the Alley" is such an infectious groove...