Steely Dan

PDA

View Full Version : Steely Dan

danohat
01-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Why doesn't anyone listen to Steely Dan. Awesome songwriting Great guitar.

Axegrinder#9
01-25-2008, 04:49 AM
I do. They have done wonders for my personal musical vision. And they have the grooviest, slickest, hippest songs!

and they have had monsters like, Larry Carlton and Steve Gadd ripping it up on their albums - goood ****ttttt.

my favorite albums would probably be, The Royal Scam, Aja, Pretzel Logic.

meh!
01-25-2008, 11:59 AM
I do too :p

Got them in the car at the moment.

Fun story about them getting tired of always having Larry Carlton play, so they get loads of guitarists to play and record parts anonomously... in the end they pick Cartlon's tape anyway :p

Might not be true, but it's a good story anyway.

Dimebag22
01-25-2008, 02:09 PM
I do too :p

Got them in the car at the moment.

Fun story about them getting tired of always having Larry Carlton play, so they get loads of guitarists to play and record parts anonomously... in the end they pick Cartlon's tape anyway :p

Might not be true, but it's a good story anyway.
Wait... what? You're a Column Cleaner now? Damn you! :p:

:haha That's sweet man! :cheers:

Anyways, yeah I love Steely Dan! :D I have their Greatest Hits album. My math teacher sometimes puts them on when we work which is pretty sweet too :)

danohat
01-25-2008, 02:54 PM
If you listen to the lyrics they are pretty strange, but if you have ever read their explanations about what the lyrics mean they are genius. Very funny.

C_Miller
01-25-2008, 02:55 PM
Can't Buy a Thrill is probably one of my favorite albums at the moment. I remember listening to it pretty much non-stop at the end of my High School career, so it pretty much defines that period in my life.

meh!
01-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Wait... what? You're a Column Cleaner now? Damn you! :p:

:haha That's sweet man! :cheers:

I'm moving up in the world, soon I'll be going poo poo in a big boy toilet :)

Johnthewrench
02-16-2008, 03:37 AM
I have their box set in my iPod, and the albums not represented in it. I am currently watching the "making of" the AJA album right now. Walter Becker and Donald Fagan are two incredible musical giants.
Which should be odd, coming from a BC Rich collecting punk/metal guy.

kmbuchamushroom
02-17-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm really getting into Steely Dan. I was so happy when I got Aja a few weeks ago and heard Wayne Shorter soloing!!!!

Which album do you recommend after Aja and Can't Buy a Thrill?

Dimebag22
02-18-2008, 08:11 PM
I've been singing 'Rikki Don't Lose That Number' all day today :haha Damn good song.

Axegrinder#9
02-18-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm really getting into Steely Dan. I was so happy when I got Aja a few weeks ago and heard Wayne Shorter soloing!!!!

Which album do you recommend after Aja and Can't Buy a Thrill?

The Royal Scam and Pretzel Logic
:cool:

gopherthegreat
02-18-2008, 10:42 PM
i dont like them much, but they have a lot of talent