Can Anyone Stop Tube Amp Fuzz Feedback!?

PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Stop Tube Amp Fuzz Feedback!?

clarkey66
01-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Hi, Yesterday I Bought A Hayden 60 Watt Combo Tube Amp And Now When I Turn It On It Has A Fuzz Sound In The The Background. It Only Does When I Throw My Lead In But Ive Checked The Lead And Guitar And They're But Fine.
Can Anyone Help Me???????????????

mr.glavin
01-25-2008, 08:11 PM
have you tried it with a differnet lead?/

icronic
01-25-2008, 08:14 PM
How close are you to a TV, computer monitor, dimmer lights, or anything else electronic?

clarkey66
01-25-2008, 08:15 PM
have you tried it with a differnet lead?/
YEA I TRIED 3 DIFFERENT LEAD. WOULD IT HAV ANYTHING TO DO WITH OVERHEATING?

acdcrocks0323
01-25-2008, 08:15 PM
Maybe if you dont Type Like This Your Amp Will Be Fine. Sorry for being a douche.
Anyways, take it back and they should fix it since its under warranty. Unless it is used, then I don't know what to tell ya.

philipisabeast
01-25-2008, 08:18 PM
It could be that it's close to a power source, or other electrical equipment such as a tv, pc etc etc - it could be the power supply, it could also very likely be the pre-amp tubes doing their ol' pre-amp tube thing of decided to start crackling and humming

If it's a very quiet faint hum though, that's usually quite normal for a tube amp

frigginjerk
01-25-2008, 08:28 PM
make sure you don't have your gain and eq knobs all maxed out. if you are running a 60w tube amp at full blast on the highest gain channel, you can expect some noise when the amp is engaged, but you aren't playing any notes.

but if it just buzzes no matter what, then it's broken.

clarkey66
01-25-2008, 10:48 PM
make sure you don't have your gain and eq knobs all maxed out. if you are running a 60w tube amp at full blast on the highest gain channel, you can expect some noise when the amp is engaged, but you aren't playing any notes.

but if it just buzzes no matter what, then it's broken.
thanks

BleedDeathMetal
01-25-2008, 11:09 PM
I have a similar problem. My amp buzzes loudly whenever I have it on the crunch, lead, or volume up on clean. Gain never goes above 3/4 the way up and volume isn't that high up either. Is there a way to check to see if it's my new pups? Does anyone have any explanations in my case?

forsaknazrael
01-25-2008, 11:14 PM
Why don't you guys just try shielding your guitar?

guitarnuts.com

60hz hum is always a problem, but if you try playing away form electronics, computers, fluorescent lights, and properly shield you guitar, it is GREATLY reduced.

BleedDeathMetal
01-25-2008, 11:18 PM
Why don't you guys just try shielding your guitar?

guitarnuts.com

60hz hum is always a problem, but if you try playing away form electronics, computers, fluorescent lights, and properly shield you guitar, it is GREATLY reduced.
How far away should I be from these things. I like having my computer near my amp so I can look up tabs. Is there an approximate distance? Can you also explain what shielding is please?

forsaknazrael
01-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Further than what you probably have it at. :p: It's really more of where your guitar is..

Oh, and threadstarter. please stop posting in all caps. It's really annoying.

BleedDeathMetal
01-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Further than what you probably have it at. :p: It's really more of where your guitar is..

Oh, and threadstarter. please stop posting in all caps. It's really annoying.
Ok thats the problem then. I have my geetar right next to fluorescent lights and a computer. I edited it in my last post but I'll ask here what is shielding? I have a vague idea.

forsaknazrael
01-25-2008, 11:25 PM
Well, check out that link I posted.

Shielding is basically a foil, well, shielding around your guitar's electronics to help block RF and 60 Hz hum.

BleedDeathMetal
01-25-2008, 11:27 PM
Well, check out that link I posted.

Shielding is basically a foil, well, shielding around your guitar's electronics to help block RF and 60 Hz hum.
I did and it was a little bit confusing b/c there a bunch of articles. I'll look into it some more later. One last question is it still a good idea to shield even tho I'm using actives and not alincos? I really appreciate your help. :cheers:

forsaknazrael
01-25-2008, 11:30 PM
^Shielding is always a good idea. :D

Here's a direct link to the article:
http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/shielding/shield3.php

And here's some more background info on it:
http://www.catalinaguitars.com/guitar_shielding.htm

BleedDeathMetal
01-25-2008, 11:31 PM
^Shielding is always a good idea. :D

Here's a direct link to the article:
http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/shielding/shield3.php

And here's some more background info on it:
http://www.catalinaguitars.com/guitar_shielding.htm
I owe you one man. Thanks again.

Tuckers
01-26-2008, 02:15 AM
hey man how do you like your amp aside from the hum? if possible could u post some clips?