B.B.King Concert

PDA

View Full Version : B.B.King Concert

Mr.Cuddles
01-31-2008, 11:24 PM
Hey i recently stepped out of the pit and mt into the blues and jazz sub-forum(i loves Blues music)
and want to ask you guys about B.B.King im going to see him in a few months play a gig in erie anyone know how good his shows are?
thanks.

TheSouthernator
01-31-2008, 11:32 PM
id say if you really love blues itd be cool. if you expect a ton of energy like any rock show, id say not so good. however id love to see him regardless hes a great blues player for sure :).

Mr.Cuddles
01-31-2008, 11:38 PM
thanks i heard it was fairly laid back but watchin him play i better than watchin the wall while listen to him on a cd.
i foumd out about a buddy cuy concert a month after bb king but i was only one who wanted to go :(
old people dont understand about blues music :(

Dimebag22
01-31-2008, 11:41 PM
BB King is one of my all time favourite guitarists! You'll have a great time watching him play :) He came to Calgary but he was playing at an 18+ Venue so I couldn't go :(

He can't sing while he plays guitar just to let you know.. His brain doesn't work like that :haha . He also just sits on a chair when he plays now I think, and he is a fairly big guy. One of the best though.

Mr.Cuddles
01-31-2008, 11:51 PM
ya im driving from toronto to eire and the old ladies are goin shopping which me and my grandpa (my dad doesnt mind the king either) used to convince them

TUMFP
02-01-2008, 12:45 AM
I'm so stoked to see him April in Pikes Peak, Colorado. The man is a legend, and strike emotion with half a note.

Mr.Cuddles
02-01-2008, 09:27 AM
mabeye we should start a thread for best blues players preformance live?
im sad i cant see buddy buy i heard hes amazing but b.b.king is awsome too so ill survive

Carswell98
02-01-2008, 12:27 PM
BB King is one of my all time favourite guitarists! You'll have a great time watching him play :) He came to Calgary but he was playing at an 18+ Venue so I couldn't go :(

He can't sing while he plays guitar just to let you know.. His brain doesn't work like that :haha . He also just sits on a chair when he plays now I think, and he is a fairly big guy. One of the best though.

my brain works like that too :(

anyways,

had a chance to see him early last year, he's just great, he'll tell stories and jokes, sing great and then shred it up a little too, very fun place to be :)

Mr.Cuddles
02-01-2008, 01:02 PM
cool everyone says because its in a theater i shouldf dress up though:( is that normal for him?

FendermanOC
02-01-2008, 04:17 PM
You don't need to dress up, just don't wear ****ty ripped up jeans and a T-shirt. Just put on a button up shirt or something. Also BB King does play and sing? I dont know what your talking about.

Carswell98
02-01-2008, 04:19 PM
You don't need to dress up, just don't wear ****ty ripped up jeans and a T-shirt. Just put on a button up shirt or something. Also BB King does play and sing? I dont know what your talking about.

not at the same time is what Dimebag meant

many blues artists do, they sing a line, then play, and repeat...

Roll251
02-01-2008, 04:20 PM
My rule is that I usually dress on a similar level of the person on stage. If I go to an orchestra show and everybody's wearing tuxes, I'm not going in shorts and a t-shirt. Not a tux, but at least a button-up and some khakis. If I go to a rock show, I'm wearing jeans.

If B.B.'s big ass will take the time to squeeze into a tux, the least I can do is put on a nice shirt and some nice pants.

Mr.Cuddles
02-01-2008, 04:51 PM
My rule is that I usually dress on a similar level of the person on stage. If I go to an orchestra show and everybody's wearing tuxes, I'm not going in shorts and a t-shirt. Not a tux, but at least a button-up and some khakis. If I go to a rock show, I'm wearing jeans.

If B.B.'s big ass will take the time to squeeze into a tux, the least I can do is put on a nice shirt and some nice pants.
nice... im tempted to sig that last part

shark38j
02-01-2008, 06:41 PM
I saw him last year. Awsome show if your a blues fan. His vibrato is even better live. I went with Jimmy94 and we both agreed we would have paid the $40 just to hear him play one note. He's getting older, but he plays and sings great. He also told alot of stories which was really cool.

gopherthegreat
02-01-2008, 06:55 PM
i wish i was going to see him :(

Jimmy94
02-02-2008, 05:41 PM
shark tells the truth, awesome awesome show.

Mr.Cuddles
02-02-2008, 06:32 PM
cool im looking forward to it
thanks.

stringzzz
02-02-2008, 10:12 PM
I've seen a couple shows at the theatre in Erie (Pa) great place to see a show. Kind of a mini version of the Broadway style theatre in Toronto, Phantatous or something like that, I think I butchered that name.

Anyways, no need to dress up, at least not on the night I was there. B.B. is great, but he's an old man now. The last time I saw him he had a killer band , horn section, whole nine yards.

davesblues
02-04-2008, 09:07 PM

Im sorry But the man don't need to sing and play at the same time the guitar does most of the singing anyway saw him in aug. of 2007 was a great show! he tells more stories than songs! but if you haven't seen bb you should go! And about the chair thing the man is 82!

Dimebag22
02-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Im sorry But the man don't need to sing and play at the same time the guitar does most of the singing anyway saw him in aug. of 2007 was a great show! he tells more stories than songs! but if you haven't seen bb you should go! And about the chair thing the man is 82!
Yeah, I know man. I've been a huge BB King fan for years. I wasn't ragging on him at all because he is fucking amazing and one of my biggest influence on my playing. I was just giving him some info on what his shows would be like. :cheers:

davesblues
02-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I know man. I've been a huge BB King fan for years. I wasn't ragging on him at all because he is fucking amazing and one of my biggest influence on my playing. I was just giving him some info on what his shows would be like. :cheers:

what kind of music do you normally play. Do you like Alot of blues music or just some because I know who Dimebag is And thats not blues. Iused to play alot of metal growing up but lost intrest. when I pick up on the blues I felt it immediately! :)

Dimebag22
02-04-2008, 10:21 PM
what kind of music do you normally play. Do you like Alot of blues music or just some because I know who Dimebag is And thats not blues. Iused to play alot of metal growing up but lost intrest. when I pick up on the blues I felt it immediately! :)
I listen to mainly blues. I have over 10 000 songs, and half of those are probably blues. :) My name is almost opposite of my style now. My brother actually made this account and then never used it, so I just started to use it. :) Same here bro. My teacher started trying to teach me some and I was like "Ugh, Blues." I didn't like it very much, but when he started showing some BB, Albert, and Stevie, I fell in love :haha

d_byrne23
02-04-2008, 10:53 PM
its funny you guys speak of that, I was the biggest metalhead, and always thought blues was for old people lol...all it took was a listen to texas flood and ive been hooked, i still entertain my ears with heavier stuff once a day, but i play nothing but the blues..I love it :cheers:

davesblues
02-04-2008, 11:26 PM
what do yall think of kenny wyane shepard? just got the new album 10 days out blues from the backroads great album!