Looking For Pieces For Music Performance!

PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Pieces For Music Performance!

les_paul_01
02-01-2008, 05:06 AM
hey everyone.

for my major end-of-school assessments, i need to perform two pieces for music.

recorded between 1945 & 1983 (i.e, pretty much all CR).

what i would really love is a piece that can be performed by one solo guitar, moderate to advanced-ish difficulty.

the last piece i did for this kind of thing was Bron-Yr-Aur by Zeppelin, and thats the exact kind of thing i'm looking for (too bad i can't do the same thing twice).

so yeah, pretty much any kind of piece in that kind of style would be perfect.

and a good tab of it on this site would be even better.

any help would be really, really appreciated.

:cheers: in advance.

Alter-Bridge
02-01-2008, 05:22 AM
Dee by Ozzy Osbourne. Performed by Randy Rhoads with one acoustic guitar. The only problem is that it is sort of short.

BrainDamage
02-01-2008, 05:29 PM
The aforementioned Dee- Ozzy Osbourne
Mood For A Day- Yes
Clap- Yes
Exerpts from Tales For Topographic Oceans- Steve Howe (a great solo acoustic medley from one of Howe's acoustic solo albums. Howe does a lot of instrumental guitar stuff, he's a phenomenal guitarist)
Garden Gate- James Gang (there are no tabs, but I know how to play it if you're interested)
Hope- Rush

Neil Young has a bunch of songs that can be played with a single guitar/voice, I dunno if that's what you're looking for though...
Cinnamon Girl- Neil Young
Cinnamon Girl/The Loner/Down By The River (Four Way Street style)- Neil Young
Heart of Gold- Neil Young
Old Man- Neil Young
Needle and the Damage Done- Neil Young
My My Hey Hey- Neil Young

les_paul_01
02-04-2008, 03:10 AM
thanks people, funnily enough i've already considered both Dee and Clap, so i guess that means you both must have the right idea :D

also, pieces that need a rhythm guitarist accompaniment should be sweet also.

does anyone know any instrumental pieces in the Jeff Beck/Santana vein of things?

i know i should really do it myself, but by the time i've finished scouting UG and all other guitar places for suitable pieces, it would be too late.

so, again, thanks in advance.

:cheers:

futurejp
02-04-2008, 11:21 PM
I agree with the Yes songs. You could also do the acoustic instrumental portion of Overture/It's A Boy from the beginning of The Who's Tommy.