The Guess Who

PDA

View Full Version : The Guess Who

Ramco
02-06-2008, 01:22 PM
I find it hard to believe that there really isn't a Guess Who thread here. They are undoubtedly one of my favorite bands of all time. I was just listening to "Road Food" and did a search for a thread about them, but nothing came up. Are there any fans of those crazy Canucks here?

I've seen them live when they came through Orlando the last two years and they play a fantastic show. They only have Garry Peterson and Jim Kale from their original lineup, but it's easy to see how they've always been the backbone of the group.

t_roy13
02-10-2008, 10:00 PM
i like guess who but B.T.O is definitely better

Gurana
02-13-2008, 09:20 AM
Who?:S

BOC15
02-13-2008, 10:16 PM
Who?:S

WHAT!???? :eek:

BOC15
02-13-2008, 10:17 PM
sorry about the double post....

but anyway i had a chance to see them about 2 years ago... before i realized how great they are... it still haunts me even to this day... anyway they are an excellent band... no doubt

Sloopy
02-14-2008, 12:42 AM
I absolutely love The Guess Who. Everything they did never ceased to amaze. As for the BTO comment - how can you compare the two? Dure they both had Randy Bachman but BTO's sound is almost completely different to Guess Who's. Burton Cummings solo stuff is just great.

Mongoose87
02-14-2008, 03:23 AM
i like guess who but B.T.O is definitely better

Seriously? I thought they lacked the groovy feel and quality of vocals of the Guess Who.

master
02-14-2008, 03:32 AM
American Woman is one of my favorite songs ever! I gotta go learn that song now....

ufossuck
02-16-2008, 02:35 PM
They only have Garry Peterson and Jim Kale from their original lineup, but it's easy to see how they've always been the backbone of the group.
Are you ****ing me? Kale and the Klones are not The Guess Who. Randy and Burton were the heart of The Guess Who. Kurt Winter, Dom Troinano and even Chad Allan contributed more than Garry Peterson and Jim Kale. Garry is an amazing drummer and all, but Jim Kale is a tool.

Ramco
02-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Are you ****ing me? Kale and the Klones are not The Guess Who. Randy and Burton were the heart of The Guess Who. Kurt Winter, Dom Troinano and even Chad Allan contributed more than Garry Peterson and Jim Kale. Garry is an amazing drummer and all, but Jim Kale is a tool.
Hey man, chill out. I'll give you that it's not "THE Guess Who" but it's the closest you're going to get today. I just have infinite respect for anyone who's been at it with the same band for as long as they have. They may not be the members that contributed the most, but they've been the ones that persevered. I'd love for a full-on reunion though, but I doubt that'd happen anytime soon.

And while I like BTO, I always thought they were more watered down and lacked the edge of the Guess Who.

But it's all good.

ufossuck
02-17-2008, 08:48 PM
They're not at all as close as you're going to get. The Bachman-Cummings Band is definitely the closest you're going to get.

Sloopy
02-17-2008, 09:25 PM
but Jim Kale is a tool.
Jim Kale is not a tool! He was a good friend and drinking buddy of mine!

AngusIsMyHero
02-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Great band.

Besides American Woman, my favorite song by them is Hang On To Your Life.