Best New Rock Band (Not Modern Rock)

PDA

View Full Version : Best New Rock Band (Not Modern Rock)

sowhat360
02-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Alright here's the deal. I listen to a lot of classic rock and blues, Zeppelin, Allman Bros, Hendrix, etc and it seems to me that i'm having a hard tim finding new bands on that level of talent. I feel that the music of Rage Against the Machine has an old school feel just amped up a notch.....the vocals are obviously different. Does anyone have any suggestions for some good new rock bands with serious talent? I'm not talking wolfmother and stuff like that. I want breakdowns, solos, the whole works. Anybody know of anything to check out?

stephen_rettie
02-07-2008, 09:17 AM
coheed if you can get over his voice, new album is very classic rock influenced and so is in keeping secrets in places

Quantonyne
02-07-2008, 09:21 AM
ya i know what you mean by no good music today...

coheed is a sweet band...i like the vocals, but they do take some time.

if you want really tight musicianship but with breakdowns and solos...Protest the Hero...now those are some hard vocals to love...but i just find the music to make to vocals fit.

Also...switch to metal...so much more musicanship and talent...less bull****....well there is still a lot of bull.

If you want to get into metal just listen to Dragonforce, any cd before they were even known in North America is a good cd...

sowhat360
02-07-2008, 09:24 AM
good deal i'll check out those bands.....thanks

ledhed68
02-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Umphrey's McGee

stephen_rettie
02-07-2008, 09:47 AM
ya i know what you mean by no good music today...

coheed is a sweet band...i like the vocals, but they do take some time.

if you want really tight musicianship but with breakdowns and solos...Protest the Hero...now those are some hard vocals to love...but i just find the music to make to vocals fit.

Also...switch to metal...so much more musicanship and talent...less bull****....well there is still a lot of bull.

If you want to get into metal just listen to Dragonforce, any cd before they were even known in North America is a good cd...

ha no way i was about suggest pth aswell lol but thought theyd be too heavy

Thefallofman
02-07-2008, 10:15 AM
This is the classic rock forum...

sowhat360
02-07-2008, 10:19 AM
This is the classic rock forum...

yeah i know.....what forum should it be in? i am looking for classic rock type bands that are new

metalfan#3
02-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Classic rock type bands probably won't have heavy breakdowns...

Try listening to some Radiohead, Muse or Tool. Not exactly what you're looking for, but great bands nonetheless.

master
02-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Silvertide
The Redwalls
The Thieves
The Sights
Jet
Hurricane Party
The White Stripes
The Bloody Hollies
Velvet Revolver
Monster Magnet
The Answer

Supernaut2k
02-07-2008, 11:50 AM
wolfmother are pretty oldschool, their album sounds like zeppelin outtakes

TheRavenEffekt
02-07-2008, 06:22 PM
You might like Airbourne if your into ACDC styled Aussie rock.

BrainDamage
02-07-2008, 06:27 PM
THE BLACK CROWES.

That being said, take it to Modern Rock, their recommendation thread has some good suggestions.

***CLOSED***

:)