I have a problem with search

PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem with search

KryptNet
02-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Hopefully this question goes here. I just noticed that when I type in my sig in the "find posts by username" field and do a search, not all of my posts come up. I'm not talking about my own threads btw. any help much appreciated. thx

Lemoninfluence
02-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
Vintage '58 Custom Kazoo

so you type that into the 'find posts by username' field?

or is it that only 500 of your posts come up? it has a maximum search result of 500 so if you've made more posts it won't show them.

KryptNet
02-09-2008, 08:39 PM
yeah, i type "kryptnet" in the "find posts by user" in advanced search(also making sure to search in ALL open threads) but some of my recent posts didn't come up. I made a few replies and wanted to see how the thread had developed but at least 2 threads I know I replied to didn't come up.

Lemoninfluence
02-09-2008, 08:44 PM
the thread might have been deleted. Can you find it manually?

just go on your profile and use the 'find all posts by xxxx' link.

KryptNet
02-09-2008, 08:56 PM
thx Lemoninfluence, I did the search side-by-side and there doesn't seem to be any inconsistency. The posts must have been deleted(wrong topic maybe?) or another thing that may have happened is something with my browser where I might have thought I posted but never submitted it. so if there's no known problem, that might be what happened. thx again.

KryptNet
02-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Sorry for bumping my own post but it happened again! Specifically this time a thread called "Solo in E pentatonic" - I posted a reply but the thread does not come up when searching for "KryptNet" in Find Posts by User. ??

Dyuha
02-11-2008, 06:10 AM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=837420

and don't forget to refresh your search results page!