Wow check this out

PDA

View Full Version : Wow check this out

Mav-16
02-10-2008, 05:23 PM
The Heartbreakers, the ORIGINAL line up! really really BAD quality, but is like one of two videos that show the original line up of the hearbreakers, with Richard Hell playing bass, and before they play Chinese Rocks, Richard Hell sais something that made me chuckle :D

JBizzle Da Truf
02-10-2008, 05:27 PM
that's great. where's the video?

Mav-16
02-10-2008, 05:32 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHH jesus christ!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uVOcXSdalQ

there go there

crap i can't believe i didn't post the video lol..........

:haha :haha :haha

SuperBlob
02-10-2008, 07:39 PM
You think THAT'S good

Original Love Comes in Spurts/One Track Mind - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWu_NlU4t3c

Jett Diamond
02-10-2008, 07:47 PM
I absolutely love love love Richard Hell. That's a great Heartbreakers video too. I do think Richard Hell really did best with the Voidoids though, mainly because Bob Quine just set them so far apart from everyone else.

And on a side note, I don't know why Johnny ever cut that hair! Whatta fool.

werty22
02-10-2008, 11:09 PM
I think the chord progression is different in that version of Love Comes in Spurts. It's definitely in a different key.

SuperBlob
02-11-2008, 07:39 AM
I think the chord progression is different in that version of Love Comes in Spurts. It's definitely in a different key.
Listen to One Track Mind by the Heartbreakers. And there you have it :p:

And I agree with pretty much everything Jett said. I just think Voidoids would've been better if there had been more frantic songs like Spurts. Ah well. I also wish I could play like Quine. His angular style was bloody fantastic

Jett Diamond
02-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Listen to One Track Mind by the Heartbreakers. And there you have it :p:

And I agree with pretty much everything Jett said. I just think Voidoids would've been better if there had been more frantic songs like Spurts. Ah well. I also wish I could play like Quine. His angular style was bloody fantastic
I'm actually glad they didn't have more frantic songs like Love Comes in Spurts. It's an alright song, I've always thought it was highly over rated, not one of his best songs. I always thought songs like New Pleasures and I'm Your Man really set the Voidoids apart. Those mid tempo, discord ridden songs. They really just were the epitome of that poetic beauty that Hell and people like Patti Smith really captured. I really just feel that those sort of songs just put the Voidoids into a category of their own, punk aside. If you listen to Destiny Street, it's way more frantic or what have you; and it's a damn good album, but it's not unique. You don't hear the first ten seconds of a song and go 'Damn, that's Bob Quine,' they're more just a damn good punk band with good lyrics.

And music aside, Richard Hell is a brilliant author. I've read pretty much all of his books. You all should grab some!

Doolittle
02-11-2008, 06:30 PM
^exactly.
I always considered the key Voidoids tracks 'New Pleasure' and 'Walking on Water' and 'betrayal Takes Two' and uhh i'm getting off tracks >_<
Hell along with Smith were the top NYC poets at the time!

BrianApocalypse
02-11-2008, 07:41 PM
You think THAT'S good

Original Love Comes in Spurts/One Track Mind - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWu_NlU4t3c

Behold, the holy grail of Heartbreakers recordings.