How does Gary Moore do it??

PDA

View Full Version : How does Gary Moore do it??

master
02-11-2008, 08:23 PM
You know that part in "Parisienne Walkways" where he holds a bend for an eternity and doesn't lose any volume at all? How does he hold that note for so long? There's no vibrato... :confused:

Carl6661
02-11-2008, 08:30 PM
i cant say i know the song but maybe a Fernandez Sustainer? ive seen steve vai use them and they seem to do what you've described...

Carswell98
02-11-2008, 09:00 PM
yeah it's very likely he uses a sustainer

urik
02-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Feedback, an awesome Les Paul, and a compressor.
He doesn't use sustainer pickups.

Hoodoo Man
02-12-2008, 09:09 AM
I'm gonna say feedback too. With my amp set to a decent volume and my friend's les paul i got some infinite sustain going by just leaning the guitar body against the amp and using vibrato. Then people told me to shut up after a few minutes cos it was getting annoying :p:

Peter Hayes
02-12-2008, 09:37 AM
I have seen the guy play it live and it is not feedback. It is just top class gear with a sustainer unit. Very few artists allow a note/chord to ring as long as Moore so I am not surprised that it takes people by suprise. However his tone is created by wonderful vibtrato and tasteful phrasing. A lot of it learned from the Fleetwood Mac founder Peter Green - who I think was the best ever in that regard. Someone that underplayed rather than the more normal overplaying.

urik
02-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Also, wasn't his guitar crafted by Chuck Norris as blessed by the pope?