What famous punks have you met?

PDA

View Full Version : What famous punks have you met?

BrianApocalypse
02-14-2008, 02:52 PM
Hello everyone.

Here is a place to boast about the famous punks you have met.

I have met East Bay Ray and Jeff Penalty and DH Peligro. Funny story, I grabbed ray's hand and wouldn't let go, which didn't help the old man's arthiritis.

This week we met Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age, and I shook his hand.

Sound boring?

Well lemme tell you Jimmy, Josh Homme's hand has been up Brody Dalle's clunge, so by the transitive property, I've touched Brody Dalle's clunge.

rancidryan
02-14-2008, 02:57 PM
rancid there all really nice guys

TC1223
02-14-2008, 02:58 PM
I met Batman

GreenDayChris
02-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Paul Simonon

BrianApocalypse
02-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Paul Simonon

Go on, post the pic, you know you want to ;)

axeslash
02-14-2008, 03:03 PM
I met Dick from Citizen Fish outside of a sold out LoC/Citizen Fish show. It was pretty interesting, he was a cool guy, and it was funny because he was hauling gear inside, and some random chick that was with the show told Dick to "Dick, you need to go do this." And so he went and grabbed some stuff and hauled it inside. Just interesting.

I met Dave Dictor. I was sitting in front of the MDC merch table trying to decide what to buy. Dave was standing next to me, talking to the guy at the table. He got into a discussion about how he should jack off before the show started, and he suggested that he should jack off into a cup and drink his cum.

I told him that I loved him, and that it was great to meet him. Interesting conversation really.

Vulg4r
02-14-2008, 03:06 PM
I met Greg Graffin a few times

ss311
02-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Billy, a guy who used to go on tour with the Exploited. He also played with Swine Flu.

ValoRhoads
02-14-2008, 03:10 PM
I met Jerry Only, Michael Graves, Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstien and Dr. Chud of the Misfits right before that incarnation split up. I don't know if they still qualify as punk (or really if they ever did) I just know some people call them punk and they were cool as hell!
Graves was a little out of it but from what I understand that's just how he is. Damn cool night, thanks for bringing that memory to mind!

Ramco
02-14-2008, 03:38 PM
I've met myself, and I consider myself to be pretty punx.

hooligan07
02-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Hello everyone.

Here is a place to boast about the famous punks you have met.

I have met East Bay Ray and Jeff Penalty and DH Peligro. Funny story, I grabbed ray's hand and wouldn't let go, which didn't help the old man's arthiritis.

Sound boring?

Well lemme tell you Jimmy, Josh Homme's hand has been up Brody Dalle's clunge, so by the transitive property, I've touched Brody Dalle's clunge.
brian with that logic if youve touched brody dalle's clunge you've also touched tim armstrong's thunderstick

BrianApocalypse
02-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Damn, I never thought of that.

I feel so dirty :(

mike2
02-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Dick Lucas of subhumans
the leadsinger of the street brats, don't remember his name...

um...idk...i'm not really into meeting bands, it gives them this holier than thou feel, like some kind of God, and this is punk rock, not some type of arena show.

StreetLight3989
02-14-2008, 05:28 PM
I haven't really met a lot of punk legends except for some local bands, who aren't punk legends.

waterproofpie
02-14-2008, 05:39 PM

Sound boring?

:haha

Well I have shaken her hand...and I'm like, 120% sure thats been up her clunge, too.

I have a hard time calling any punk famous unless their last name is Armstrong or Strummer...but (this is not punk) the singer who did the song Delilah (the one on the radio every 5 minutes) started talking to me and a friend at one of their concerts and like started patting my head because I guess I said something funny.

But this was before they were on the radio, so I guess it doesn't count (and because I hate their music haha. But they were very polite)

I_Pwn
02-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Joe Queer. Al Barr from the Dropkick Murpheys. The guitarist from the Unseen. Those guys are all from around here.

misfitsdisciple
02-14-2008, 05:55 PM
I've met Dick Lucas from Subhumans/Citizen Fish at a Citizen Fish/LoC show in Orlando Florida, it was pretty neat. I enjoyed it, he was a really nice guy.

Met a bunch of guys at the Fest 6 in Gainesville, that was good.

BostonLacrosse
02-14-2008, 06:01 PM
well ive hung out with Big D and the kids table before down in south carolina, Thaddeus Merrit and Obi from Westbound train plenty of times, i shook hands with Josie Outlaw from The A.K.A's and talked to her for a little while after their set, Ive met the MC Bat commander from the Aquabats, and Al Barr came into my theater, where i work, one time with his wife/girlfriend which was pretty cool

but i think thats about it for famous punks/ska musicians that i have met

BrianApocalypse
02-14-2008, 06:19 PM

Well I have shaken her hand...and I'm like, 120% sure thats been up her clunge, too.

I have a hard time calling any punk famous unless their last name is Armstrong or Strummer...but (this is not punk) the singer who did the song Delilah (the one on the radio every 5 minutes) started talking to me and a friend at one of their concerts and like started patting my head because I guess I said something funny.

But this was before they were on the radio, so I guess it doesn't count (and because I hate their music haha. But they were very polite)

awesome, I'd give my right nut to meet Tom Jones!

waterproofpie
02-14-2008, 06:30 PM
awesome, I'd give my right nut to meet Tom Jones!

lolmnt
02-14-2008, 06:32 PM

But this was before they were on the radio, so I guess it doesn't count (and because I hate their music haha. But they were very polite)I'm not sure if it was a member of the band, but when I was at warped somebody yelled at me to listen to Plain White T's. This was 4 years before they got famous

waterproofpie
02-14-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm not sure if it was a member of the band, but when I was at warped somebody yelled at me to listen to Plain White T's. This was 4 years before they got famous

It most likely was.

GreenDayChris
02-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Go on, post the pic, you know you want to ;)
Go on then, just for you:
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1895/menpaulwh2.jpg
That's my brother on the left
Signing my pickguard:
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1091/paulpickmz2.jpg
Signature:
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/7783/picknw2.jpg
And for extra fun, me pissed with short hair:
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/2732/meshortly5.jpg

The Real AJ
02-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Jorge and Jake of the Casualties
All of Anti-Flag
All of Rise Against
I also met Aaron Gillespe once. but hes not punk. he was skipping and hey was like hey, and i was like hey. that was basically it

RizzoWashburn
02-14-2008, 07:08 PM
I wish I could transitively touch Brody Dalle's clunge :(

waterproofpie
02-14-2008, 07:12 PM
I wish I could transitively touch Brody Dalle's clunge :(

You should jump on that. We have a club. We have t-shirts. People want to be us.

crustyreed
02-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Bitty from wartorn
dave trenga (behind enemy lines/aus rotten)
Dan (profane existence, zine, label, distro)
Protestant guitarist (forgot his name embarrasing) John i think it is.

and a bunch of local bands that you could or could not consider popular.

BrianApocalypse
02-14-2008, 08:07 PM
You should jump on that. We have a club. We have t-shirts. People want to be us.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r232/BrianApocalypse/DALLE.jpg

original=punk
02-14-2008, 08:26 PM
I haven't really met a lot of punk legends except for some local bands, who aren't punk legends.

+1 never met anyone really, only person I'd really want to meet like uber much is Mr Rollins, other than that, i'm pretty good.

whyvern
02-15-2008, 02:33 AM
I tripped over Iggy Scam when he stayed at my house.

bucky_2300
02-15-2008, 02:40 AM
I briefly met Henry Rollins. I saw him on his spoken word tour a couple of years ago, and I was walking out back of the venue when I saw him come out. Didn't get an autograph or anything, but talked for a couple of minutes about the show and asked him about the old Black Flag stuff.

I left, and immediately remembered that I had wanted to ask him whether or not he thought he could kick Danzig's ass using only his neck.

For punkers I'd like to meet, I really want to meet Klaus Flouride. And get him to sell me a copy of Because I Say So. The stuff available on his website has absolutely captivated me (especially Akiko) but that album is ****ing impossible to find.

Mav-16
02-15-2008, 02:51 AM
the singer from the unseen and the singer of fang

thats... about it

Adam_Harrison9
02-15-2008, 08:08 AM
I've met the guitarist out of the unseen, mark unseen, justin sane, pat thetic, that's it i think.

radio_schizo
02-15-2008, 08:38 AM
I chatted to Knox from The Vibrators. He's a real nice guy.

Stza from Leftover Crack asked me what good bands were on at a festival. At the time I didn't recognize him but later that afternoon I saw him and his band play.

The singer from **** Sparrer randomly turned up to at a friends house party I was at in my town. He lived next door.

I stood next to Hugh Cornwall from the Stranglers but was too star struck to say anything :(

I walked past Animal from the Anti-knowher Leage once. He is massive!

I'm sure there's more but I can't think of anything.

lavazza
02-15-2008, 10:47 AM
I´ve just met some people of important German bands you don´t know........

cherry_bomb
02-15-2008, 10:48 AM
hm I only met time again. Some locals too, but they arent famous, so..
And ohyeah Justin Sane patted my head, I dont know why.
also, the guitarist from the Casualties was sitting across, he waved at me. yeah, i feel punk right now.

lavazza
02-15-2008, 10:52 AM
he waved at me.

I think there must be at least a dozen 10 year old boys who can say that about Wattie :D

LeftoverJared
02-15-2008, 11:19 AM
ive met the unseen, jake from the casualties, mike from mxpx, pat from anti flag
the guitarist from the unseen gave me his can of water because i told him how thirsty i was :D

Fuzzbox91
02-15-2008, 12:05 PM
I met Charlie Harper (UK Subs) he got smashed and just wandered into the audience and started talking to people. He was actually quite legible and balanced for the amount of beers he had. he talked about how many gigs he played a year (200+) and stuff like that. That guy was awesome. i also Met Jerry Only (newfits unfortunatly) nothing really personal, just signed my t-shirt and said "thanks for supporting the misfits) i cant even find that T-shirt anymore.

LeftoverJared
02-15-2008, 12:41 PM
i just realized something

pat thetic,

pathetic

wonder if thats his real name O_O

axeslash
02-15-2008, 12:46 PM
i just realized something

pathetic

wonder if thats his real name O_O
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o278/Holmzito/Not-again-picard2.jpg

mike2
02-15-2008, 03:44 PM
****ing retard....

also, justin sane

just insane

duh!

RockThe40oz
02-15-2008, 03:49 PM
****ing retard....

also, justin sane

just insane

duh!

I tried to get Justin Sane's girlfriend to tell me what his real last name was one time, but she wouldn't...

She did confirm that his first name actually is Justin... but she wouldn't tell me his real last name... or give me a blow job..

I'm more upset about the latter

mike2
02-15-2008, 03:52 PM
****ing bitch...

XxFIENDxX
02-15-2008, 04:51 PM
I met Dee Dee Ramone in a Taco Bell restroom once. He shook my hand before he washed his hands. I basically got Dee Dee Ramone's ball sweat on my hand.

SuperBlob
02-15-2008, 05:41 PM
I met Dee Dee Ramone in a Taco Bell restroom once. He shook my hand before he washed his hands. I basically got Dee Dee Ramone's ball sweat on my hand.
:haha:haha:haha
And with that, you beat Brian :p:

Adam_Harrison9
02-15-2008, 05:41 PM
I tried to get Justin Sane's girlfriend to tell me what his real last name was one time, but she wouldn't...

She did confirm that his first name actually is Justin... but she wouldn't tell me his real last name... or give me a blow job..

I'm more upset about the latter

Justin Geever.

crustyreed
02-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Justin Geever.

lol, i was thinking it was gonna be something really nerdy like 'Dwarin', geever (if its pronounced the way i think it is) is alot worse.

lolmnt
02-15-2008, 06:04 PM
lol, i was thinking it was gonna be something really nerdy like 'Dwarin', geever (if its pronounced the way i think it is) is alot worse.Sane is actually worse than both of those. Seriously he has the worst stage name ever

axeslash
02-15-2008, 06:18 PM
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o278/Holmzito/obligatorynn2scomicreleventtothecur.gif
Obligatory.

JesusOfSbrbia
02-15-2008, 06:30 PM
I've talked to Nick and Aaron from Whole Wheat Bread. I wished Trotsky from the Subhumans a happy birthday when they played in Dallas, but he was really drunk and not talking to anyone... And I talked to the guitarist from Against All Authority once.

I think that's it.

:(

BrianApocalypse
02-15-2008, 07:26 PM

That is awesome.

I met Charlie Harper (UK Subs) he got smashed and just wandered into the audience and started talking to people. He was actually quite legible and balanced for the amount of beers he had. he talked about how many gigs he played a year (200+) and stuff like that. That guy was awesome.

I saw Charlie Harper at an empty bar after a dissapointing gig, but I didn't go talk to him because I wouldn't have had anything nice to say, and at his age, he didn't need the abuse.

If I had said anything, it would have been along the lines of "get a new backup band".

LeftoverJared
02-15-2008, 07:42 PM
****ing retard....

also, justin sane

just insane

duh!

uhhh..im sorry to inconvenient you with my post i guess? but there was no need for that post thank you, i think axeslash handled it just fine

sorry but i cant say that i payed much attention as to how the names are spelled, ive mostly just heard them from various dvds and such, and that didnt click until i just read them right now

axeslash
02-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Uhhh... I'm sorry to inconvenience you with my post, I suppose. There was no need for that post thank you, I believe axeslash handled it just fine.
I toned down my response to your post. Ask anyone here, you got my nicest response possible. Be thankful, and do no anger me further.

Also, I fixed your grammar to be more readable.

LeftoverJared
02-15-2008, 08:48 PM
lol i dont care how angry you get at me

its the kid from across the internet ::OH NOES::

do your worst

and p.s.

check your post before you correct someones grammer

Be thankful, and do no anger me further.

Also, I fixed your grammar to be more readable.

BrianApocalypse
02-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Haha, "do no anger me further."

You are both terrible at writing.

In fact, I'm the best ****er here.

LeftoverJared
02-15-2008, 09:00 PM
yes, i do have terrible grammer cause ive always hated english class

but i dont try correcting others on theirs

BrianApocalypse
02-15-2008, 09:04 PM
I don't impose my superior skills on others, but only because I am smug.

axeslash
02-15-2008, 11:13 PM
Laughing out loud I don't care how angry you get at me.

It's the kid from across the internet OH NOES!

Do your worst.

P.S.

I'm going to make fun of your grammar by misspelling the word grammar.
Literacy can take you far in life. You'd do well to learn it.

It makes people take your arguments seriously. Really, it does.

Punx&Skunx
02-16-2008, 02:36 PM
I´ve just met some people of important German bands you don´t know........

And what are these said important German bands?

I've met quite a lot of band members from a wide assortment of bands but i wouldn't say they're particularly famous.

original=punk
02-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Haha, "do no anger me further."

You are both terrible at writing.

In fact, I'm the best ****er here.

Does that make moi second best? Aside form my shaky fingers, my grammar is alot better than alot of people's.

I ALWAYS have to correct about the "your/you're and there/they're/their" thing, it's really disturbing.

Punx&Skunx
02-16-2008, 03:05 PM
But you seem to have issues with "alot"

opivy21
02-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Burn!

It's the internet, who cares about grammar/spelling? It's nice when people write correctly, but so what if they don't?

Punx&Skunx
02-16-2008, 03:30 PM
I couldnt agree more.

original=punk
02-16-2008, 03:36 PM
But you seem to have issues with "alot"

vocabulary =/= grammar.

My vocabulary is horrible. My grammr when stringing the few words I do know together, however, is not as bad.

RizzoWashburn
02-16-2008, 04:26 PM
vocabulary =/= grammar.

My vocabulary is horrible. My grammr when stringing the few words I do know together, however, is not as bad.
I think he was refering to how "alot" is actually spelled "a lot".

Punx&Skunx
02-16-2008, 04:38 PM
And the same goes for a grammatically incorrect sentence. If one can understand a grammatically incorrect sentence then it proves proper grammar is unnecessary.

SuperBlob
02-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Yeah, well, I managed to get an A in English lit for GCSE!
I have no idea how I managed it though :p:

BrianApocalypse
02-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Does that make moi second best? Aside form my shaky fingers, my grammar is alot better than alot of people's.

I ALWAYS have to correct about the "your/you're and there/they're/their" thing, it's really disturbing.

You're definitely one of the better posters here, but SS311 is almost certainly the second best.

The only mistake he makes is that he sometimes strings together words to make incorrect shorthand like "how're".

While people certainly do say that in real life, it's certainly not proper to abbreviate in that fashion when writing.

Adam_Harrison9
02-16-2008, 07:09 PM
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o278/Holmzito/obligatorynn2scomicreleventtothecur.gif
Obligatory.

Not very long, it's on their dvd.

2pachrist
02-16-2008, 07:26 PM
I met the Misfits a couple times... my boss at the haunted house I work at is good friends with them... they're great guys and surprisingly easy to scare... also (even tho there not a punk band) a girl i work with is cousins with the drummer from mastadon.. never met 'em but I love the band

axeslash
02-16-2008, 07:28 PM
Not very long, it's on their dvd.
Oh, I don't care. I posted that because of the reference to his name, not to make fun of their hair.

Iluvpowerchords
02-17-2008, 12:08 AM
I met Ruth Bader Ginsberg in NYC.

I told her not to die because it's nice to see some sane peeps on the bench.

Which may have been forward beacuase I don't know crap about her voting record.

I just assume she's one of the good guys 'cuz she's a democratic woman.

I've actually met some Punks but none of the encounters are worth writing about.

werty22
02-17-2008, 12:26 AM
I met Dumbo... Oh, famous punks.

Don't worry, I won't do that any more.

axeslash
02-17-2008, 04:39 AM
I met Ruth Bader Ginsberg in NYC.

I told her not to die because it's nice to see some sane peeps on the bench.

Which may have been forward beacuase I don't know crap about her voting record.

I just assume she's one of the good guys 'cuz she's a democratic woman.

I've actually met some Punks but none of the encounters are worth writing about.
If I met Ginsberg I would take a picture with me and her in full punk attire, and I would put it on my UG profile.

I would confuse more people than David Bowie.

ss311
02-17-2008, 06:45 AM
You're definitely one of the better posters here, but SS311 is almost certainly the second best.

The only mistake he makes is that he sometimes strings together words to make incorrect shorthand like "how're".

While people certainly do say that in real life, it's certainly not proper to abbreviate in that fashion when writing.

I enjoy incorrect shorthand; it's a lot of fun. That said, I never use it when writing an essay for school, although I find that, on a forum, it makes for a more conversational tone. If I didn't use those words, you lot would dislike me more than you already do, but since Brian has brought it up, I suppose I'll just have to stop making my very intentional mistakes and prove that I am at least in joint first place when it comes to grammar in the punk forum.

Adam_Harrison9
02-17-2008, 09:09 AM
Oh, I don't care. I posted that because of the reference to his name, not to make fun of their hair.

I know :) I was just being awkward.

lavazza
02-17-2008, 09:43 AM
And what are these said important German bands?

Slime (!), Toxoplasma (!), Vorkriegsjugend (!), Canalterror, Rawside, Normahl, Pestpocken, Popperklopper, A.C.K, Atmenot, Fahnenflucht, Loikaemie, Molotow Soda, SS Kaliert, Die Skeptiker, Knochenfabrik, Hass

(!)=really important, legends

RoseOfPain
02-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Yesterday I met Charlie Harper and the rest of the UK Subs, The Tosser, CQD and Deadline. very cool people, had some beers with them and played bass with the bassguitarist from the UK Subs backstage at their concert last night.

BrianApocalypse
02-17-2008, 12:01 PM
I enjoy incorrect shorthand; it's a lot of fun. That said, I never use it when writing an essay for school, although I find that, on a forum, it makes for a more conversational tone. If I didn't use those words, you lot would dislike me more than you already do, but since Brian has brought it up, I suppose I'll just have to stop making my very intentional mistakes and prove that I am at least in joint first place when it comes to grammar in the punk forum.

You cannot beat a British national.

I'm almost 3 per cent Shetland. Perhaps that's why everyone in my family is short and stodgy.

I'm also about 6 per cent Spic, I mean Spanish.

ss311
02-17-2008, 12:03 PM
English is my first language and my mother is a British national.

Go join the BNP, you British national! ;)

lavazza
02-17-2008, 12:04 PM
English is my first language and my mother is a British national.

Go join the BNP, you British national! ;)

Cyprus was under the british government until after WWII, roght?

ss311
02-17-2008, 12:07 PM
The island achieved 'independence' in 1960.

BrianApocalypse
02-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Your mother is a race traitor and you are turkish scum.

INFIDEL!!!!! :satan:

ss311
02-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Turkish?

I am confused.

lavazza
02-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Your mother is a race traitor and you are turkish scum.

INFIDEL!!!!! :satan:

I thinl he is from the Greek part^^

ss311
02-17-2008, 12:13 PM
I am from the Greek part, hence my confusion.

lavazza
02-17-2008, 12:14 PM
I wrote that before I saw you confused ;)

BrianApocalypse
02-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Silence, Persian scum!

Nah, I'm just kidding. It's too early in the afternoon to pretend to be a Nationalist.

axeslash
02-17-2008, 03:02 PM
As an American I find all your antics quite hilarious, seeing as how I'm part Scottish, French Canadian, and Italian.

Xenophobia is quite a funny thing really.

ss311
02-17-2008, 04:33 PM
You cannot beat a British national.

I'm almost 3 per cent Shetland. Perhaps that's why everyone in my family is short and stodgy.

I'm also about 6 per cent Spic, I mean Spanish.

They're the epitomy of uncool.

But hey, I guess that I'm such a teeny bopping xbox playing salad dodging unconformist

You call me a hippy, yet believe in a spiritual plane, are a vegetarian and are most likely an obsessive recyler.

Look at this! This is the epitome of poor spelling, therefore I win.

BrianApocalypse
02-17-2008, 04:34 PM
What's your problem, turk?

mike2
02-17-2008, 05:06 PM
As an American I find all your antics quite hilarious, seeing as how I'm part Scottish, French Canadian, and Italian.

Xenophobia is quite a funny thing really.

scottish, french canadian and italian

I'm sorry...

gopherthegreat
02-17-2008, 05:20 PM
The fcat taht you can raed tihs prveos porepr splelnig is unecnsesray.
prpoer slpeling is qitue nesecsray

on topic, i've never met any famous punks. or been to a punk show :(

LeftoverJared
02-17-2008, 08:23 PM
i try to hard to impress all the poonx in this forum

oh wow how lame you are :/

lol just kidding

Punx&Skunx
02-17-2008, 11:20 PM
Slime (!), Toxoplasma (!), Vorkriegsjugend (!), Canalterror, Rawside, Normahl, Pestpocken, Popperklopper, A.C.K, Atmenot, Fahnenflucht, Loikaemie, Molotow Soda, SS Kaliert, Die Skeptiker, Knochenfabrik, Hass

(!)=really important, legends

I really like a lot of those bands. I saw SS Kaliert when they went on their US tour and chilled with Benni before the show.

Iluvpowerchords
02-18-2008, 02:31 AM
I am from the Greek part, hence my confusion.

Ooh! I have a question for you kind sir.

Is Baklava a Greek or Turkish invention?

'Cuz my college has a very large Turkish population and all of them fools claim Baklava is Turkish but I was raised to believe it was a Greek thing.

All the Greek places I've been to in my life serve it as a dessert too, so I just assume those smelly turks are lying to me.

Not knowing for sure is killing me!

neidnarb11890
02-18-2008, 03:19 AM

'Cuz my college has a very large Turkish population and all of them fools claim Baklava is Turkish but I was raised to believe it was a Greek thing.

All the Greek places I've been to in my life serve it as a dessert too, so I just assume those smelly turks are lying to me.

Baklava is tasty. :liplick:

mike2
02-18-2008, 04:14 AM
i always thought it to be greek... hm...

ss311
02-18-2008, 07:45 AM

It's up for debate, although it seems to originate from former Ottoman countries. That said, the Turks took over many 'Greek' areas, so they could have just adopted the cuisine and presented it as their own.

The Greeks used different ingredients for their dessert, which, although similar, was not the same. Either way, it doesn't really matter because Baklava is amazing so it's a well done to whoever invented it.

The Greeks and the Turks are rather bitter about this sweet dish.

werty22
02-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Apparently, ponx know their baklava.

SuperBlob
02-18-2008, 01:43 PM
Apparently, ponx know their baklava.
Not me

What in gods name is it? :p:

Iluvpowerchords
02-18-2008, 01:58 PM
Not me

What in gods name is it? :p:

Heaven in pastry form.

But yeah, I didn't meet a turk until I was 18 so when they tried to take credit for the dessert I'd been munchin' on in Greek restaurants all my life I wouldn't believe them.

I was prepared to go to war for the Greeks. :p:

But now that I see that the issue is rife with gray area, I'm going to play Sweden and stay neutral.

ss311
02-18-2008, 03:52 PM
My dad says it's probably Turkish, but maybe recipes got mixed together along the way.

BrianApocalypse
02-18-2008, 06:34 PM
So basically, what SS311 is trying to tell us is that if baklava ever contains blocks of honey covered with icing sugar, that's the turks' contibution to the recipe.

lavazza
02-19-2008, 07:57 AM
I really like a lot of those bands. I saw SS Kaliert when they went on their US tour and chilled with Benni before the show.

I saw them in the end of last year, they were really good, but nothing against Rawside and Die Skeptiker who played at the same festival, during the song Straßenkampf (Streetfight), there was a great moshpit

cherry_bomb
02-19-2008, 10:31 AM
kampf..you know that i always thought it meant 'camp'. than, one day my german teacher was joking around: ''blablablasomeboringstoryblabla.. unless you really think Mein Kampf is about Hitler going to summercamp''. yeah, what an eye-opener.

lavazza
02-19-2008, 10:49 AM
you talk about Mein Kampf during German Lessons.....I didn´t know Pim Fortuyn had such a great influence^^

BrianApocalypse
02-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Haha, I'm going to make a Mein Kampf comic for the forum zine :haha

Cory Smash
02-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Well...I nearly fell of Davey Havok once. He's so small, I would've crushed him. And the rest of Afi. My mom touched their bass player's butt. Um...met Tiger Army too. Also talked to Nathan and Denis from Flogging Molly for a few minutes.

LeftoverJared
02-19-2008, 12:33 PM
Well...I nearly fell of Davey Havok once. He's so small, I would've crushed him. And the rest of Afi. My mom touched their bass player's butt. Um...met Tiger Army too. Also talked to Nathan and Denis from Flogging Molly for a few minutes.

lmao that would of been too funny

in the headlines today, "Lead singer from rock band AFI crushed at a concert today"

lavazza
02-19-2008, 12:42 PM
lmao that would of been too funny

in the headlines today, "Lead singer from rock band AFI crushed at a concert today"

That would have been a win for the world, at least until he comes out of the hospital

Cory Smash
02-19-2008, 12:43 PM
That would have been a win for the world, at least until he comes out of the hospital

Aww. Be nice. Granted, their last album was a little less than what I would have wanted (solid, but kind of lacking), but their other stuff isn't bad.

lavazza
02-19-2008, 12:45 PM
I gave Decemberunderground a short listen and it was creepy

Cory Smash
02-19-2008, 12:48 PM
I gave Decemberunderground a short listen and it was creepy

That's not the best example of their work. Check the other stuff out first. Their first two or three are just your basic punk album, for the most part. Then with the release of Black Sails, it changed a bit.

Decemberunderground was a little disappointing to most of the people who enjoyed them before its release.