Starting a band

PDA

View Full Version : Starting a band

Early Cuyler
02-14-2008, 03:06 PM
ok, so ive played guitar for about 3 years now.. id really like to start a lil band, but no one around plays anything but guitar..

i know 2 other guys who play, and a third who owns a guitar, bass, and drum kit... its just that hes too lazy/egotistical to think he needs to practice any of them (he sucks)

theres another buddy of ours who doesnt do/play sh|t so weve been wanting to get him to learn bass...

can you guys help me come up with a way to get them interested in jamming/learning?

i myself started on drums when i was 3, and have played more instruments than i have fingers.. so i know i can lead them through the hard parts of learning... and im sure after about a month of actual practice together theyd start "getting it"

Gwynnell
02-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Why don't you play drums if you can?

Silver_PHo3nix
02-14-2008, 03:18 PM
just tell them that girls will be after them if they join in a band

they'll probably believe and its sometimes true

Gargan
02-14-2008, 03:28 PM
If you can play drums, and you know a bunch of guitarists, then why not get the guy who 'sucks' on bass, then... poof! band. And you dont have to force a friend into something he might not want to do

Early Cuyler
02-14-2008, 05:03 PM
i STARTED on drums when i was 3... needless to say its been more than a decade since ive even picked up a set of sticks...

plus im the best guitarist out of the 3, and im the only one who writes lyrics... so im the defunct leader..

and were all in our 20s.. so the lie about girls isnt going to work (as if we needed the band to get some :rolleyes: )