blues guitar greats

PDA

View Full Version : blues guitar greats

joshjebl
02-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Ive been playing for a little more than 2 years and i wanted to start building my skill in playing blues riffs can i get like a list of 5 good ones. and songs included would be greatly apriciated. nothing too complicated though i just want to learn alot of there styles. I plan to maybe take like a half hour of my current 3 hour a day practicing schedule. pls no Jimmy though. thats rock imo. i mean true blues players.

young_is_god
02-14-2008, 07:51 PM
well, t-bone walker pretty much invented lead single note electic guitar playing. robert johnon and son house for ya traditional accoustic/slide playing wud be my advice

Khann
02-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Definitely check out some BB King. His stuff is quite simple but still sounds so great.

Roedy0309
02-14-2008, 07:56 PM
stevie ray vaughan, jimmie vaughan, bb king, albert king, eric clapton, robert cray, buddy guy to say a few

GD_GC
02-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Well obviously SRV. But some of my favorites are Albert Collins (very unique sound), Clapton (if you get into his blues stuff), Peter Green (try '60s Fleetwood Mac, which is actually blues, belive it or not), Robert Cray, Buddy Guy (Amazing!), and of course the king of blues, B.B.

That's just a list to get you started, happy bluesing!

:cheers:

joshjebl
02-14-2008, 08:03 PM
thx guys i'll definately check those out