Band choice

PDA

View Full Version : Band choice

littledude65
02-14-2008, 11:47 PM
In my school, there aren't many drummers or basists, and one of the bassists is already in a band. They've invited me to join, and I really like all of the guys, but me and my friends are trying to start another band. We don't have a bassist or singer, and our dfrummer lives out of town. We haven't even chosen a name yet, but I'm not sure if the other guy's want to keep going weith it. If we end up getting a full band, I would play lead, and one of the other guitarists isn't that good (we have 3 guitarists). We let him in to see how it goes, but I just feel like if we did make a band, that he would need to be cut, and it would kill me to do that because he's my best bud since kindergarten. So I was wondering, should I go with an already made band and ditch the old guys, or should I stay with something that I know will be a heck of a lot of trouble and extra stress I don't need? Any help would be appriciated.

Metabolic575
02-14-2008, 11:53 PM
do what ever you want,
but hre's a little something, unless you guys are really good guitarists and know what you guys are doing and how things work, 3 guitars are too many.

littledude65
02-14-2008, 11:54 PM
That's what I had though too. thanks for the tip.

red star
02-14-2008, 11:54 PM
do what ever you want,
but hre's a little something, unless you guys are really good guitarists and know what you guys are doing and how things work, 3 guitars are too many.

+1
3 guitars can be great if done correctly (Radiohead) but there's a chance that you'll all try to be heard and overplay

civildp1
02-14-2008, 11:56 PM
be in both dude. There's plenty of time for two bands.

Dutch_Apples
02-15-2008, 12:19 AM
be in both dude. There's plenty of time for two bands.

+1, but I should mention you should never feel the need to stay with a band just because they are your friends.