David Bowe, songs to recommend?

PDA

View Full Version : David Bowe, songs to recommend?

trickie
02-15-2008, 12:52 AM
What songs do you guys recommend for someone that wants to get into David Bowie. What i've heard I've loved and I was wondering what other stuff hes got. Does he have more funky songs kinda like Fame?

dullsilver_mike
02-15-2008, 01:03 AM
Ashes to Ashes--one of his best songs, a little bit of funkyness in there ;) "Fashion" is another funky one.

It's hard to limit bowie to just his funky songs though. There's a three disc "Best of Bowie" set that spans most of his career, I'd suggest picking that up, it's much much better than the"Best of Bowie" greatest hits album.

Zydar
02-15-2008, 03:22 AM
"Sound and vision" is one of my favorites, along with "Changes" and of course "Life on Mars". Don't know about any funkier songs though, perhaps "Sound and vision" falls into that category.

hendrixfanatic
02-15-2008, 06:26 AM
It's not a funky song, but "Rock 'n Roll Suicide" is brilliant.

psychodelia
02-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Well, there's the track "Young Americans" that you might like.

But really, you should just buy the studio stuff from Man Who Sold the World through Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps).

Miracle_Man
02-15-2008, 01:27 PM
The Jean Genie is a great song, as is Ziggy Stardust and of course Suffragette City.

Also check out his song "Under Pressure" which he did with Queen

Blind In 1 Ear
02-15-2008, 02:21 PM
What songs do you guys recommend for someone that wants to get into David Bowie. What i've heard I've loved and I was wondering what other stuff hes got. Does he have more funky songs kinda like Fame?
golden years is pretty funky imo.

David_Bowie=GOD
02-15-2008, 10:45 PM
You spelled Bowie wrong haha. Personally, my favorite work of his would have to be his 70s music. The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, Hunky Dory, and Diamond Dogs are all great cds and I highly recommend those cds. Space oddity, ashes to ashes, and of course golden years are really great songs.

David_Bowie=GOD
02-15-2008, 10:45 PM
And how could i forget my favorite song, the collaboration with Queen

Under Pressure

one of the greatest songs ever

Mongoose87
02-16-2008, 05:32 AM
Not especially funky, but his song "Heroes" can only ne described as epic. The album "Alladin Sane" is a great purchase, as well.

stonegolem13
02-17-2008, 04:19 AM
Heroes.....amazing :D

EDIT: if you get Changesbowie (which is a greatest hits of sorts) or the three disc thingy which someone has already suggested they will cover most of the songs already mentioned :)

ezza61
02-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Space Oddity, Rebel Rebel, Ziggy Stardust, Starman and life on mars? to name a few. Grab his greatest hits.

hippytom
03-01-2008, 01:08 PM
I love rock n roll suicide
I really like John, Im only dancing. It's a really good song considering its a B side