Eric Clapton!

PDA

View Full Version : Eric Clapton!

Pastorius666
02-15-2008, 11:47 AM
Just want to know what everyones opinion on him is. Personally, I agree with the "Clapton is God." But I have a guitarist friend who listens to everything and says that he hates clapton. I was humming wonderful tonight and he smacked me. He says everyting clapton plays sounds the same. Opinions?

CraigKing
02-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Then he's silly, most of Claptons song are far different, from reggae, to blues to rock. He's probably saying he doesn't like him because he wants to be "different".

deepestpurple
02-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Your friend is a dick.

Irontallica09
02-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Your friend is a dick.

^ +1

Clapton is great guitar player but not only that is is a great songwriter, I think anyone who is serious about guitar likes clapton, or at least has some respect for his playing. I don't listen to claptons stuff all the time but it is really great to sit and relax and listen too.

Blake99
02-15-2008, 11:53 PM
CLAPTON's music sounding the same is like sayin iron maidens music doesnt sound the same....clapton rocks no matter what song it is and yea some people probably just wanna be different but i'll never want to be so different that i dissed Clapton man thats unamerican

mscant24
02-16-2008, 06:56 PM
I definitely don't think Clapton's songs sound similar at all. He has a variety of different styles all the way from raeggae to blues to classical. Not many guitarist are talented and skilled enough to play such a broad range of styles, and to do so well.

Goldenad
02-16-2008, 07:09 PM
CLAPTON's music sounding the same is like sayin iron maidens music doesnt sound the same....clapton rocks no matter what song it is and yea some people probably just wanna be different but i'll never want to be so different that i dissed Clapton man thats unamerican

maybe...but clapton is british so its ok :p:

ECwomantoneman
02-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Your friend is a dick.

+2

As us Brits say, "your mate sounds like a bit of a titwank arsehole to me" ;)

CLAPTON IS GOD! PRAISE BE TO GOD!

sorry. I'll stop now. :p:

ze monsta
02-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Meh! Ypur friend is a bit of a dip**** then. 'Cos Clapton numbers don't sound the same; there is so much variation that I believe your friend has some form of mental disease.

claptonfan55
02-18-2008, 01:28 AM
Your friend is a dick.
+1, and I would bet that at least a few of his favorite guitarists have cited clapton as an influence.

Irontallica09
02-18-2008, 10:05 AM

oh so bashing Clapton is wrong? how about bashing maiden :rolleyes:

Jearl
02-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Just want to know what everyones opinion on him is. Personally, I agree with the "Clapton is God." But I have a guitarist friend who listens to everything and says that he hates clapton. I was humming wonderful tonight and he smacked me. He says everyting clapton plays sounds the same. Opinions?

well, if he knew you were humming Wonderful Tonight, his whole point is out the window.

and besides, Cream doesnt sound at all like the Yardbirds which doesnt sound like Derek & the Dominos. i could go on.

aig91
02-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Your friend is a dick.

+ 4

Clapton's songs don't sound the same. And if he smacked you for humming a song you like then he's obviously a dick and a control freak.

gopherthegreat
02-19-2008, 08:01 PM
how can he possibley say they all sound the same?!

hes an amazing player

Dimebag22
02-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Man, thats messed up. Clapton has so many different styles. Tell him to listen to 'Wonderful Tonight' then listen to 'Hey Hey' then listen to 'Spoonful'. I could go on forever. He covers a way too many genres and styles.

heavybloozer
02-20-2008, 07:15 AM
ec definitely is one of the most diverse guitar players ever. while i think that his newer and more commercial work is nothing compared to his pioneer work in the 60s he from time to time makes a comeback to the blues-for example with the record from the cradle or the robert johnson tribute-.
when ec lets his blues hang out or when his back with good ole rock then he smokes but the commercial stuff like his terrible last record or the boring road to escondido just doesnt get it for me.

Beakwithteeth
02-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Your friend is a dick.

I couldn't think of anything to say so I will just agree with this.

tincho729
02-20-2008, 10:29 PM

Someone probably said alredy that he's british

...and if you consider critizicing something "unamerican", and you leave it alone even though it's not ok, you'll never improve.

Finally, it also seems really dum to me that you think some bands are good just because they're really known..maybe someone doesn't like iron maiden. It's called taste :peace:

gopherthegreat
02-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Finally, it also seems really dum to me that you think some bands are good just because they're really known..maybe someone doesn't like iron maiden. It's called taste :peace:
most us us dont care about what other people listen to, but saying everything clapton plays sounds the same is just stupid