Singer being a douche and won't come to practice.

PDA

View Full Version : Singer being a douche and won't come to practice.

Ez0ph
02-15-2008, 11:02 PM
So I'm in three bands, two of which I don't even like. But in the band I do like, we can never seem to find time to practice. In the last month, we've had one practice. I admit, once and a while I can't make it cuz I'm going on a date or at another bands practice, but almost every time, its the singer/rhythm guitarist who cancels. Either hes got paintball or some other stupid thing he doesn't really need to do. And I can't kick him out, even though he has no talent at guitar, singing, or songwriting. I think there'd probably be no more band if that happened since the other two never come if he doesn't. What am I supposed to do?

druz15_UG
02-15-2008, 11:08 PM
learn to sing, thats what i did because my band went through about 5 singers until we found a decent one but they never bothered learning covers so now i sing all the covers, but now the singers leaving the country for a year so we're replacing them, already got someone lined up as well

guitargod21136
02-15-2008, 11:08 PM
threaten to fire him, ive had to do it, and it worked

same situation as you89

Ez0ph
02-15-2008, 11:13 PM
learn to sing, thats what i did because my band went through about 5 singers until we found a decent one but they never bothered learning covers so now i sing all the covers, but now the singers leaving the country for a year so we're replacing them, already got someone lined up as well

I can actually sing better than him
But I still don't feel comfortable kicking him out
I may do what the other guy said and just threaten to kick him out

james4
02-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Why can't you kick him out?
If you don't want him out, then just get everyone together and ask what night is usually open for them. Agree on something and say that if practice isn't important enough to schedule around, then they're out.

atlasguitar
02-18-2008, 03:06 AM
I say who ever is available for practice, practice with them. If the guy doesn't care enough to show up for practice, show him that you don't need him and fire his a**. Don't cancel because of him.

RockerPseudonym
02-18-2008, 03:08 AM
Supergroup.

Do it.

xScarfx
02-20-2008, 12:10 PM
talk to the other band members. if they feel the same way, then PEACE. And if its his band, then take the other members and form another.

KRSplat
02-23-2008, 02:24 AM
Ask him if it's okay for you to find someone else to sing when he's not there. I used the same basic idea with my girlfriend. Just kidding :P