Me and Mr. Johnson ( clapton )

PDA

View Full Version : Me and Mr. Johnson ( clapton )

Blake99
02-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Eric clapton was greatly influenced by Robert johnson. Crossroads , one of claptons biggest hits , was written by Johnson....Anyways Eric Clapton mad an Album "Me and mr. Johnson" of him doin all johnson songs....anyone ever heard it?
its one of my favorite blues albums of all time.
If you havent heard it you should
if you have what do you think?

ze monsta
02-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Yes.
In his autobiography he said they did the album because they were making an album, but couldn't come up with any songs so as a break they'd just play RJ's songs and voila.

Mr.Cuddles
02-16-2008, 11:57 AM
i hate to say it but i really disliked that album...
hes good i just didn't like it.
I guess delta blues aint really my thing.

claptonfan55
02-22-2008, 10:24 PM
If you guys haven't checked out Clapton's Sessions For Robert J. CD/DVD pack, you should. It's all live-in-the-studio with a great band and Clapton proves he still has some fire.

Jackolas
02-24-2008, 06:27 PM
If you guys haven't checked out Clapton's Sessions For Robert J. CD/DVD pack, you should. It's all live-in-the-studio with a great band and Clapton proves he still has some fire.

It's awesome!

JeanMi36
02-24-2008, 07:13 PM

Incredible pack. I love the CD "Me and Mr. Johnson" too. Clapton definately got the soul.

JimmyStradlin33
02-24-2008, 07:32 PM
I really like his version of Hellhound on my trail. Really heartfelt when he sings the opening lines. Also his version of They're Red Hot. I really would have liked him to have done a version of crossroads in the same style, rather than his bluesey electric style with cream. Would have been interesting to see what he did with it. Is the dvd good? Is it just showing them making the album or is it concert footage?

timesharescam
02-28-2008, 05:35 PM
i like it, but i wish it sounded more like delta blues. its a little to electric for my taste. but i realy liked his version of milkcow's calf blues.

theneildeal
03-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Its really good. It brings blues into the modern era, because Robert Johnson's music sounds very old.

The sessions for robert j are on youtube, and they occasionally play it on Sky Arts (in the UK that is.