stage setup help

PDA

View Full Version : stage setup help

hmh772
02-17-2008, 04:53 PM
I am a newbie here so I'm sure this has already been answered before. My band is playing our first show soon. We are unsure of how to set up equipment on the stage to avoid feedback and such. We cetainly aren't professionals and we can't get any good advice from friends. We have two guitarists, a drummer, bass player and a singer. Guitarists each using a 2x12 cabinet, bass player uses a 4x10 cabinet. The PA is powering three mics into two 15 inch mains. not sure about using monitors yet. So my question is, how should each peice be positioned on the stage to reduce feedback.

qotsa1998
02-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Put the two PA speakers on stands and on either side of the stage. The way u normally see the stage set up is with the drummer in the back middle of the stage, and the bass amp and maybe one guitar amp on say the left and the other guitar amp on the right of the drummer. I also think you should mic the two guitar cabs and the bass cab, and run those thru the PA.

rage6945
02-17-2008, 05:03 PM
imagine this as if your facing the crowd. you got the drummer in the back middle, and just line all the amps up on each side of the drummer, then position everyone in front of him, there should be no feedback problems. i'll try to make a little drawing

guitarist singer bassist guitarist

pa speaker pa speaker
amp pa drumset bass amp amp

edit: my drawing failed

Peter Hayes
02-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Put the two PA speakers on stands and on either side of the stage. The way u normally see the stage set up is with the drummer in the back middle of the stage, and the bass amp and maybe one guitar amp on say the left and the other guitar amp on the right of the drummer. I also think you should mic the two guitar cabs and the bass cab, and run those thru the PA.

I presume you are going to have a mixing desk and a mixing desk guy. If so get to know him (there maybe women in your part of the world - never met one here though) and explain your set list and what you want. They will usually help you get the best out of the PA. Do a soundcheck and hope that there is no feedback from your preferred positions. However feedback is a law unto itself - there never seems any logic to it. Finally remember to watch your equipment at all times - easy to lose things. I am from the school of "play-get paid-load-up-go." If you can bring someone to watch your back and help hump stuff so much the better.