Finding Good, Reliable People for My Band?

PDA

View Full Version : Finding Good, Reliable People for My Band?

dudetheman
02-17-2008, 06:04 PM
I've had this so-called "band" together off and on for a year now, and it still sucks as much as it did in the beginning.

I can't find anyone who will show up to practice on time, or even at all. There are no bass players in my area!

I am having major trouble getting this thing off of the ground. The Battle of the Bands isn't until December but I wouldn't mind playing a few gigs over the summer.

At this rate we'll never be ready. Should I just give up on it? I'm really out of inspiration and effort.

Miquespa
02-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Well. Sorry to hear about the situation.
I donīt have a lot to say when it comes to bands but I can guess that itīs hard to find people that have the same ideas that you. Maybe you should just gather them up, and talk about what they want to do with the band? :D If you guys decide to make this battle of the bands as a goal for the band, I think you guys can get to it.

And bass-players are useless anyway. They only exist to make some nice moves on the stage and entertain the growd. :)

Black Star
02-18-2008, 02:01 AM
Well. Sorry to hear about the situation.
I donīt have a lot to say when it comes to bands but I can guess that itīs hard to find people that have the same ideas that you. Maybe you should just gather them up, and talk about what they want to do with the band? :D If you guys decide to make this battle of the bands as a goal for the band, I think you guys can get to it.

And bass-players are useless anyway. They only exist to make some nice moves on the stage and entertain the growd. :)

........... I seriously hope that was just a really bad joke.

J.T.W
02-18-2008, 02:16 AM
Sam.... Dear lord, is that you Sam?

Anyway, I'm in the same boat, but our "band" (which it's a stretch to call) just kicked out a bassist for not having an instrument, so my advice is: Give the no show's a warning, then the boot, and post up some ads around your area.

Volta_91
02-18-2008, 02:49 PM
kicked out a bassist for not having an instrument

:haha

Miquespa
02-18-2008, 05:09 PM
........... I seriously hope that was just a really bad joke.

No. Yes.

Techtonic
02-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Go on craig'slist or go to your local music store and post a flyer.

stringmagician
02-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Go to your local shows and talk to the bands, they usually know other musicians or wouldn't mind trying another band, depending on what you play.

Zycho
02-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Trial and error really. Go out and jam with people before you let them in the band as well.