Acoustic Guitars with Built in Tuners

PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic Guitars with Built in Tuners

Jonan_
02-19-2008, 06:24 PM
I have been looking at getting an acoustic lately and I have seen a few that have built in tuners. I know that some Washburns have them. Are there any other brands?

chippythingy
02-19-2008, 06:26 PM
PERSONALLY, i think ull get better quality for your money if u buy a tuner and guitar seperatly

zakass
02-19-2008, 06:27 PM
I honestly thing taht most brands have them. Or at least the brands that do elctric acoustic guitars. I'm a fan of alvarez.

MacAdam
02-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Takamine ftw!

adamrandall
02-19-2008, 06:30 PM
i have an ibanez with one. theyre known for sort of crappy acoustics, but the EW series is awesome, imo.

Jonan_
02-19-2008, 06:31 PM
I honestly thing taht most brands have them. Or at least the brands that do elctric acoustic guitars. I'm a fan of alvarez.

Oh cool. I have only been looking on line so far and I guess maybe it is so common that they don't mention it. I am going to have to go to the store and check them out. Any suggestions on which ones? I am not looking to spend too much as this will be a guitar to suppliment my other one. I want something that feels nice to play but when I take it somewhere I am not constently worrying about it getting a little dinged up (i.e. camping, friends houses, business trips)

burgurhead1812
02-19-2008, 06:33 PM
an ovation or takamine would prolly be your best bet IMO

captivate
02-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Ovation and takamine generally have them. many guitar companies will also randomly offer them depending on the electronics that come with the guitar.

generally, they do a pretty good job because they're right inside the guitar, but you never know. build in tuners are a nice feature, but should in no way be a large deciding factor when buying a guitar. instruments are all about sound... and maybe a hint of style.

LaLaLaLoopy
02-19-2008, 08:31 PM
I agree with chippythingy, get a seperate tuner, i have a new Tak with a built in tuner but it seems to sound better when i tune it with my other tuner...

Dok Waw
02-19-2008, 10:35 PM
PERSONALLY, i think ull get better quality for your money if u buy a tuner and guitar seperatly

:p: yeah ........

Jonan_
02-19-2008, 11:11 PM
I guess you guys are right, it would be stupid to by a guitar just because of a tuner. Especially since I already have a couple. I'm going to have to go to the store and try out a couple and see which ones I like. I will probably go with a straight acoustic instead of an acoustic electric unless you guys have any other suggestions.

Also thanks a lot for all the good input.

Schneiderman
02-19-2008, 11:45 PM
My friend recently bought a Parkwood electric/acoustic for $800, I don't know what model it is, but I do know it's one of the best feeling and nicest sounding acoustics I have ever played. I don't think there's a better acoustic in the world for the money. It has Fishman built-in controls.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it's this one.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Parkwood-PW360M-Cutaway-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar?sku=512552