Need serious suggestions

PDA

View Full Version : Need serious suggestions

Toolshed#9
02-19-2008, 09:27 PM
There are probably 100 other threads like this one, so I'll apologize for that in advance.

Audition for a musical school is coming up, and I need something to play. Obviously I can't play what I've been playing since I picked up the guitar (metal), so I figured out I should try my luck with something a bit easier on the ears, preferably on clean/lightly overdriven. So something bluesish/jazzish instrumentalish (sorry :D) popped up into my head as a good starting point.

However, I need something I can learn to play relatively quick and adapt to my current technique based around rock/metal, which means no odd supermuting-weird-thing-fingerstyle(well you get it).

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help.

Dimebag22
02-19-2008, 10:04 PM
D-Natural Blues - Wes Montgomery (Just maybe take out the keyboard solo and improvise)

Sorry, that's all I could think of on the spot.

Toolshed#9
02-20-2008, 09:12 PM
D-Natural Blues - Wes Montgomery (Just maybe take out the keyboard solo and improvise)

Sorry, that's all I could think of on the spot.

Is it just me, or when you search for a jazz song on for example youtube, you find 4-5 different songs under the exactly same title :D

Blurry 505
02-20-2008, 11:16 PM
I Dont Need No Doctor - John Scofield feat. John Mayer

E blues

great for instrumentals
just keep the main riff going for most of it. otherwise very fun to jam to, check it out

or do some classic rock
pinball wizard?
my generation always gets a crowd goin