punks stance on cloning?

PDA

View Full Version : punks stance on cloning?

gravytrain34
02-19-2008, 09:34 PM
I was wondering what your stance on cloning was seeing how Ive never heard what other punks had to say. Im personally for it(to an extent)

lolmnt
02-19-2008, 09:35 PM
Can we use it to bring back Joey Ramone?

StreetLight3989
02-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Being punk and your stance on cloning have nothing to do with eachother. I would want to bring back Joey Ramone though.

ginx86
02-19-2008, 09:37 PM
I really have no opinion on it but if you want to read a scifi book on the social problems first generation clones could face I'd highly recommend Cloned Lives from Pamela Sargeant.

It really looks at the human level of the discrimination first generation clones will most likely face.

lolmnt
02-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Being punk and your stance on cloning have nothing to do with eachother. I would want to bring back Joey Ramone though.Very well said.

and chat

axeslash
02-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Very well said.

and chat
I'm down for chat.

Also cloning is bad ass I could make 3 clones and make my own band!

crustyreed
02-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Cloning and genetic modification has wielded very little resuslts, and maybe if it was actually bringing in results to help cure human illness's i could support it.

Until then its wasting money and life. (( Insert dorky image of a human and animal paw bound together))

original=punk
02-19-2008, 10:02 PM
I swear the title said clothing when i clicked on it.

So i was gonna be uppin' the nudity punx.

molly bee
02-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Cloned humans are still human beings, with thoughts, feelings, brains etc etc etc. What if someone walked up to you and said "oh hay, yer my clone. I take heart now." Wouldn't you be a little upset?

edit: my science teacher said that they've been trying to figure out how to clone frogs without heads, so that maybe their discovery could lead to cloning humans without heads. Headless humans=no thoughts/emotions, which means no ethical concern!

neidnarb11890
02-19-2008, 10:12 PM
I swear the title said clothing when i clicked on it.

So i was gonna be uppin' the nudity punx.
:haha Same here

axeslash
02-19-2008, 10:13 PM
Cloned humans are still human beings, with thoughts, feelings, brains etc etc etc. What if someone walked up to you and said "oh hay, yer my clone. I take heart now." Wouldn't you be a little upset?

edit: my science teacher said that they've been trying to figure out how to clone frogs without heads, so that maybe their discovery could lead to cloning humans without heads. Headless humans=no thoughts/emotions, which means no ethical concern!
That's where the whole stem cell thing came in, they were trying to be able to grow body parts without having to clone the whole damn thing. Problem is, getting stem cells isn't that easy, and getting embryonic stem cells isn't very efficient.

lolmnt
02-19-2008, 10:17 PM
I owe my dad's life to stem cells.

Punx&Skunx
02-19-2008, 10:23 PM
Can we use it to bring back Joey Ramone?

Technically yes. But it would just yield an identical looking person to Joey Ramone. He would be nothing like that Joey Ramone of the past.

waterproofpie
02-19-2008, 10:27 PM
so here is my completely grown up totally neutral stance on the benefits of cloning in relation to a very awesome situation:

1 John Wayne = Awesome

2 John Waynes = Twice as awesome

sargasm
02-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Science ftw.

lolmnt
02-19-2008, 10:30 PM
so here is my completely grown up totally neutral stance on the benefits of cloning in relation to a very awesome situation:

1 John Wayne = Awesome

2 John Waynes = Twice as awesome:p:

crustyreed
02-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Well someone has to say it.

the rascism of 2 john waynes would be out of hand!

waterproofpie
02-19-2008, 10:41 PM
Well someone has to say it.

the rascism of 2 john waynes would be out of hand!

I should have further demonstrated my calculations:
let middle = the variable

1 John Wayne - racist tendencies x # of 10 gallon hats= Awesome
2 John Wayne - racist tendencies x # of 10 gallon hates = Twice as awesome

This equation also applies to Chuck Norris, except substitute racist tendencies with pansy offense to awesome jokes made about oneself

EDIT: After modifying the equation, it applies to basically all Waynes in society.
Wayne Newton (x = minutes in the movie 'Vegas Vacation')
Lil' Wayne (x = # of times I've had to listen to 'Make it Rain' in the past year)

opivy21
02-19-2008, 10:41 PM
Yeah, **** him and Elvis Presley! (flipped the order, who cares)

Edit: My whole stance is changed now that 10 gallon hats have entered the equation.

crustyreed
02-19-2008, 10:46 PM
Yeah, **** him and Elvis Presley! (flipped the order, who cares)

Edit: My whole stance is changed now that 10 gallon hats have entered the equation.

Elvisss was a hero to most but he'll never mean **** to me, a straight up rascist plain and simple to see, motha****a him and john wayne!!

the second bit is a little off.

ginx86
02-19-2008, 10:48 PM

1 John Wayne = Awesome

John Wayne was a draft dodger who only married a woman who needed him to stay out of World War II. As soon as the war was over he divorced her. I realize that you were probably just posting it as a joke but that this fallacy that John Wayne was some kind of American hero has to end.

lolmnt
02-19-2008, 10:50 PM
But that means he got laid, while wearing a ten gallon hat

That is the maximum amount of bad ass

sargasm
02-19-2008, 10:55 PM
The only Elves that matters is called Costello.

axeslash
02-19-2008, 10:57 PM

1 John Wayne = Awesome

But John Wayne was in fact a nazi, and I heard that he enjoyed playing SS. He even kept a picture of the fuhrer on him at all times.

waterproofpie
02-19-2008, 11:02 PM
John Wayne was a draft dodger who only married a woman who needed him to stay out of World War II. As soon as the war was over he divorced her. I realize that you were probably just posting it as a joke but that this fallacy that John Wayne was some kind of American hero has to end.

Yes. My whole basis for an extremely ground breaking and ahead of it's time issue is cenetered around an infamous WWII icon who has been openly debunked.

In all honesty, I meant to write Wayne Newton originally, but accidentally wrote John Wayne and just went with it. I am on 3 hours of sleep, I can't eat anything with out puking, and am barely functioning on the 400 remaining calories in my system. So cut me some slack.

lolmnt
02-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Yes. My whole basis for an extremely ground breaking and ahead of it's time issue is cenetered around an infamous WWII icon who has been openly debunked.

In all honesty, I meant to write Wayne Newton originally, but accidentally wrote John Wayne and just went with it. I am on 3 hours of sleep, I can't eat anything with out puking, and am barely functioning on the 400 remaining calories in my system. So cut me some slack.*gives Tina a hug*

waterproofpie
02-19-2008, 11:06 PM
But John Wayne was in fact a nazi, and I heard that he enjoyed playing SS. He even kept a picture of the fuhrer on him at all times.

As long as we're taking this thread scientifically:

After I hypothesized that this forum would understand a sarcastic tone and joke in reference to a very serious question. After running a procedure of proposing John Wayne, a well known racist and completely random historical figurehead, as 'twice as awesome cloned' I was able to collect the data of multiple users on the Ultimate Guitar message board.

In conclusion, the Punk/Ska forum sucks at jokes. Like, really sucks.

axeslash
02-19-2008, 11:09 PM

After I hypothesized that this forum would understand a sarcastic tone and joke in reference to a very serious question. After running a procedure of proposing John Wayne, a well known racist and completely random historical figurehead, as 'twice as awesome cloned' I was able to collect the data of multiple users on the Ultimate Guitar message board.

Sorry Tina, I was just referencing a well-known hardcore song by a band known as "Millions Of Dead Cops" and their infamous song "John Wayne Was A Nazi."

I apologize. *hugs*

Iluvpowerchords
02-19-2008, 11:09 PM
I am against it because I would probably end up having sex with myself and that would probably cause me to breakdown mentally.

Or not exist anymore.

I need to study up on my paradoxes.

Back To The Future in is my future.

crustyreed
02-19-2008, 11:12 PM

We have no time for joking! we must memorize all public enemy lyrics!

ginx86
02-19-2008, 11:15 PM

In all honesty, I meant to write Wayne Newton originally, but accidentally wrote John Wayne and just went with it. I am on 3 hours of sleep, I can't eat anything with out puking, and am barely functioning on the 400 remaining calories in my system. So cut me some slack.

Now Wayne Newton there's someone you can never attack. Rhinestones Rule!!!

IlikeTheSKA
02-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Let's clone the Casualties.

Ten million times.

And then
shoot
them
all.

StreetLight3989
02-19-2008, 11:25 PM
Let's clone the Casualties.

Ten million times.

And then
shoot
them
all.
:haha:haha:haha

BrianApocalypse
02-20-2008, 04:53 AM
I'd like to clone myself, so I can have a threesome with me, myself and a fit lass.

civildp1
02-20-2008, 05:33 AM
I'd like to clone myself, so I can have a threesome with me, myself and a fit lass.

what if in the process of having said threesome, you crossed swords with yourself? I think the universe might explode.

original=punk
02-20-2008, 08:35 AM

*big hugs!*

recklessnick
02-20-2008, 09:33 AM
im not supporting cloning if they harm the guinea pig whilst doing it or cant assure that they will do it right and bring a life into the world in a freak, mutant body.

Blastiiid
02-20-2008, 11:16 AM
I think that cloning would be OK for punks as long as it's DIY.

DanRev
02-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Let's clone the upper classes and the aristocracy but mess with the process so they come out all inbred-like and with 6 fingers on each hand.

Oh. Wait.

sargasm
02-20-2008, 12:56 PM
I think that cloning would be OK for punks as long as it's DIY.

lol

Someone write a zine about DIY organic cloning techniques.

BrianApocalypse
02-20-2008, 01:36 PM
what if in the process of having said threesome, you crossed swords with yourself? I think the universe might explode.

Not neccesarily a problem if you take precautions.

As long as both me's use astroglide, there'll be no friction, and they'll slide right off of each other.

original=punk
02-20-2008, 03:53 PM
Let's clone the upper classes and the aristocracy but mess with the process so they come out all inbred-like and with 6 fingers on each hand.

Oh. Wait.

o i c wut u did thar.

devourthekitten
02-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Well you know, it would be totally extreme to make half of a billion Mr. T's...

Ska Wars
02-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Well you know, it would be totally extreme to make half of a billion Mr. T's...
that'd be quite an experience :p:

original=punk
02-20-2008, 07:14 PM
bad joke alert!!

mike2
02-20-2008, 07:37 PM
:rolleyes: