Question about warped tour, sort of.

PDA

View Full Version : Question about warped tour, sort of.

goskayourself
02-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Do you guys think that you could say that youve "seen" a band if you saw them at warped tour? I mean a half hour is only 5 or 6 songs, i dont know if one could consider it actually seeing the band. I think it should be stated if you saw the band at warped tour, becasue i think its a whole different experience.
Thoughts? Criticism? Comments?
Gracias

crustyreed
02-20-2008, 09:57 PM
I think it matters more the 'enivironment' you seen them in. If your standing in a field 150 feet from the stage, its gonna be different then if your in the singers face screaming. It does suck if the band you go to see only plays 5 songs, but i've seen bands that have played shorter sets than 30 minutes and they left ALOT bigger impressions in my mind, then bands that have played 40 minute sets.

_wow_
02-20-2008, 09:59 PM
it is a whole different experience, but when someone asks me if ive seen a band, and i saw them at warped, i usually specify that that's where i saw them. but i mean it doesnt really matter, since technically you've "seen" the band whether at warped tour or at one of their own shows

goskayourself
02-20-2008, 11:03 PM
yeah yeah i agree with you guys. there is a lot of energy at warped tour, so some of those half hour shows ****in rule. like Big D last year, i could say that ive seen them. Its weird though, some people say that you havent seen a band if you saw them at warped..and i disagree with that

Punx&Skunx
02-20-2008, 11:26 PM
I think its a different experience. The shorter sets are usually a little more energetic and they are a lot of fun. Of course it sucks seeing a band for a shorter period of time. If i say i've seen a band i mean i've experienced their stuff live, whether it be for 15 minutes or an hour...

Iluvpowerchords
02-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Anyone who actually believes that you haven't "seen" a band just because you saw them at Warped tour is an enormous "Huchebag" (which is my portmanteau for Huge Douche bag.)

So what, now we are going to make concerts events in elite dick measuring too?

Dur Iz seen Big D with three people and a semi retarded dog so Iz seen them moar than u's ceen dem!

opivy21
02-20-2008, 11:51 PM
I really like "Huchebag", but I'm having trouble figuring out pronunciation. Tips?

Iluvpowerchords
02-20-2008, 11:57 PM
Hue (as in "pinkish hue")
and
chbag (as in shhh bag)

Hue-shhh-bag.

Use it liberally.

neidnarb11890
02-21-2008, 12:05 AM
What bands take a half hour to play 5 or 6 songs? :confused:

The setlist for my band's next show is like 10 songs, and still not 30 minutes long.

lolmnt
02-21-2008, 12:06 AM

The setlist for my band's next show is like 10 songs, and still not 30 minutes long.That's because you're punx

opivy21
02-21-2008, 12:08 AM
Hue (as in "pinkish hue")
and
chbag (as in shhh bag)

Hue-shhh-bag.
Thanks a ton. I didn't know if the 'u' sound came from 'huge' or 'douche'.
Use it liberally.
Will do.

IlikeTheSKA
02-21-2008, 12:50 AM

The setlist for my band's next show is like 10 songs, and still not 30 minutes long.

I know a kid who's in a band that plays every single one of their songs at their shows.

In 7 minutes.

waterproofpie
02-21-2008, 12:54 AM
I'm not going to lie, I will probably use the term Huchebag in the near future.

In other news, I think if you've seen a band at a festival, you've literally SEEN them live. So go for it. Although I don't know how many bands at Warped Tour you'd be bragging about seeing ( :p: , I kid..but seriously). I mean, if you nearly crushed your pound rib cage and got a record number of bruises trying to get up front for Flogging Molly, own it.

waterproofpie
02-21-2008, 12:59 AM
I know a kid who's in a band that plays every single one of their songs at their shows.

In 7 minutes.

I went on a date with a kid, which ended up in us playing Rock Band in his basement (it was pretty eventful, as you could tell). Anyways, they always play those little factoids while you're waiting for your song to load, right. Well we were about to do a Ramones level and the fact was "The Ramones debut album had 14 songs and lasted 30 minutes long". He said "Why would anyone want to listen to such short songs? That's not even music."

:( :no:

neidnarb11890
02-21-2008, 01:14 AM
I went on a date with a kid, which ended up in us playing Rock Band in his basement (it was pretty eventful, as you could tell). Anyways, they always play those little factoids while you're waiting for your song to load, right. Well we were about to do a Ramones level and the fact was "The Ramones debut album had 14 songs and lasted 30 minutes long". He said "Why would anyone want to listen to such short songs? That's not even music."

Well, I certainly hope that was your last date with him. :p:

I think my band's longest song is like 2:30 ish. Maybe 2:45. And our shortest is 1:02.

Iluvpowerchords
02-21-2008, 01:19 AM
In the words of the great Tuco:

"There are two kinds of people in this world my friend; those who love the Ramones and those that are Huchebags."

waterproofpie
02-21-2008, 01:20 AM
Well, I certainly hope that was your last date with him. :p:

I think my band's longest song is like 2:30 ish. Maybe 2:45. And our shortest is 1:02.

Well yeah. And I mean he did the classic yawn stretch arm thing. Psh. Like someones going to try and pull that little do dad on me. (And if you don't catch a hint like "OH man my back hurts, I probably shouldn't sit like this", then there's a problem)

sargasm
02-21-2008, 02:40 AM

He's obviously never listened to Limp Wrist. Their entire discography is about half an hour. That's 40 some songs! It's also the best music ever.

Yeah, make him listen to Limp Wrist until he likes it.

mike2
02-21-2008, 02:48 AM
that JFA who discography cd i had...idk how long it was...but i can't believe it have been too long, it had a ton of songs on it too...

waterproofpie
02-21-2008, 02:57 AM
He loves the Mighty Mighty Bosstones is all I know.

sargasm
02-21-2008, 03:05 AM
That's a start but anyone who doesn't like Limp Wrist is not a real man and shouldn't be allowed to fondle my steenas.

Edit: that sentence ended up sounding really strange but I'm not going to change it.

Iluvpowerchords
02-21-2008, 04:06 AM
:haha

I'm totally calling my balls "Steenas" from now on.

I'll tell people it's Yiddish.

lavazza
02-21-2008, 09:03 AM
Do you guys think that you could say that youve "seen" a band if you saw them at warped tour? I mean a half hour is only 5 or 6 songs, i dont know if one could consider it actually seeing the band. I think it should be stated if you saw the band at warped tour, becasue i think its a whole different experience.
Thoughts? Criticism? Comments?
Gracias

We once played 15 songs in half an hour

Wookiedude
02-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Have you ever gone to those Reel Big Fish shows with 4 or 5 bands? I went Once to see Streetlight, Against All Authority, and RBF (at least once, never again) and everyone but RBF's set was 30 minutes. I count that as seeing Streetlight and AAA. I paid admission so why can't I claim I saw them? They got in a pretty decent amount of songs, too.

Im in a Jazz/Funk/Reggae type Jam band and we played 6 songs during our last 30 minute set. Punk bands can get a lot more in than us.

waterproofpie
02-21-2008, 01:06 PM

I'm totally calling my balls "Steenas" from now on.

I'll tell people it's Yiddish.

I like Steena though, although most people call me Tina Turner now.

sargasm
02-21-2008, 02:28 PM
I can never keep up with your nicknames

I think I'll just call you Eduardo.

AlkalineCherry
02-21-2008, 04:42 PM
pffft
i get in for free so i dont really care who's playing but seeing even one of their songs, in my mind, is seeing them play because you're surrendering your time to them.

lolmnt
02-21-2008, 04:56 PM
I like Steena though, although most people call me Tina Turner now.People call me Billy Ray because of my Billy Raygun shirt

IlikeTheSKA
02-21-2008, 04:57 PM
People call me Billy Ray because of my Billy Ray Cyrus shirt

You have one, too?

lolmnt
02-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Yep! His mullet makes him awesome

StreetLight3989
02-21-2008, 05:14 PM
No, you haven't seen the band. The qualifications for seeing a band is that they had to play at least an hour set and you had to be within a 100 foot range of them.

On a serious note, Yes, you saw the band. Did you not just see them play music?

lolmnt
02-21-2008, 05:16 PM
No, you haven't seen the band. The qualifications for seeing a band is that they had to play at least an hour set and you had to be within a 100 foot range of them.

On a serious note, Yes, you saw the band. Did you not just see them play music?I don't count seeing bands that sucked. Maybe it's just my way od blocking out thier horrible sets

and chat

lolmnt
02-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Yep! His mullet makes him awesomehttp://www.mitchclem.com/nothingnice/15/