I am a huge nerd (Epoxies/ Sims 2 content)

PDA

View Full Version : I am a huge nerd (Epoxies/ Sims 2 content)

waterproofpie
02-22-2008, 02:57 AM
So here I am, being super cool, staying up on a Thursday night of my weekoff playing Sims 2 because I just bought a new expansion pack (shut it). And I'm all 'zomg opening my business' when I notice in the background the Epoxies playing! Being it's 2 AM, I think I am losing it. But it's definately the Epoxies, and after googling it up, I was right.

So being that story was completely random and hard to build a discussion off of, discuss how much you all love the Epoxies :)

IlikeTheSKA
02-22-2008, 02:58 AM
So being that story was completely random and hard to build a discussion off of, discuss how much you all love the Epoxies :)

I'd rather discuss how much I like the Sims.

I like the Sims this much.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

neidnarb11890
02-22-2008, 03:19 AM
The Epoxies are a pretty sweet band. I luv them even more than I luv Doolittle's cat. And I luv that cat.

sargasm
02-22-2008, 03:37 AM
I actually knew about that. They recorded a simlish version of Need More Time or something.

Anyway, I like the Epoxies more than I like most things. The new EP makes gives me multiple orgasms with its Wipers cover and sexy new slow jam.

Which reminds me I've been meaning to make a thread about The Wipers because they rule.

BrianApocalypse
02-22-2008, 05:45 AM
You're such a poser Xtina.

I'm still playing Age of Empires.

waterproofpie
02-22-2008, 07:40 AM

I still play Lemmings

:(

DanRev
02-22-2008, 07:49 AM
I still play Ski Free.

http://ski.ihoc.net/abom_h.gif

Chaise Boogie
02-22-2008, 08:37 AM
So here I am, being super cool, staying up on a Thursday night of my weekoff playing Sims 2 because I just bought a new expansion pack (shut it). And I'm all 'zomg opening my business' when I notice in the background the Epoxies playing! Being it's 2 AM, I think I am losing it. But it's definately the Epoxies, and after googling it up, I was right.

No, **** Open For Business. That expansion brought nothing cool except robots and elevators. Now University and Pets brought a whole bunch of cool stuff, but not Open For Business. I mean, to actually open a business in that game requires you to bog your pc down switching back and forth from your home site and business site, and it's real hard to get your star rating up. So I was like **** It.

I have every expansion pack and stuff pack for the Sims. I love it that much.

BrianApocalypse
02-22-2008, 09:39 AM
I still play Lemmings

Really? me too.

"Nightmare on Lem Street" is impossibibble.

lavazza
02-22-2008, 10:28 AM
I still play Lemmings

Woah.....I looking for an Win 3.1 game called "Fuse"........anyone knows where to download?

@topic: Epoxies arenīt good..........I mean are awesome since this is a tread by my admin

StreetLight3989
02-22-2008, 11:30 AM
The Epoxies are awesome, also I'm sad that you lost your David Bowie house in Sims 2 Christina.

waterproofpie
02-22-2008, 12:19 PM
No, **** Open For Business. That expansion brought nothing cool except robots and elevators. Now University and Pets brought a whole bunch of cool stuff, but not Open For Business. I mean, to actually open a business in that game requires you to bog your pc down switching back and forth from your home site and business site, and it's real hard to get your star rating up. So I was like **** It.

I have every expansion pack and stuff pack for the Sims. I love it that much.

For serious. I used to have every pack for the Sims but I just kinda never got Sims 2. And I'm slow to get the expansions for it because I barely have time to goof off on my computer. The commute between house and work blows though. But I thought it was pretty easy to get the star rating up. Within a few hours of playing I had people coming in writing positive reviews and I had silver status in 3 skills.

p.s. I definately played it for 4 hours straight..d'oh. I need to see sunlight again.

p.s.s. Zomg I'm happy someone brought up the Bowie house. When I started to get bored in my neighborhood, I started making freakishly accurate Sims of my favorite old rockers. Like I made a Bowie household (with his own Iman!). And then I made a Freddy Mercury...and all the girls (and boys) in the neighborhood loved him

sargasm
02-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Wipers cover?

All I've heard by them is one song off Limewire, from a few months ago. It was alright, forget what it was called. This however, has piqued my interest.

Yeah they cover Tragedy on their most recent EP.

You can also tell they have a strong Wipers influence to begin with.

IlikeTheSKA
02-22-2008, 01:47 PM
I made a serial killer in the Sims.

Playing God never was so much fun.

RizzoWashburn
02-22-2008, 01:50 PM

:eek: ZOMG! ME TOO!

Iluvpowerchords
02-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Holy **** Lemmings players!

Awesome!

The Sims was only fun with Rosebud and that glitch where you could remove your player from the screen and then put him/her back to get full stats.

Otherwise it was too annoying.

Like "Oh ****, I can't get promoted because I'm depressed that my toilet is uncomfortable?

Cool."

That said I had all expansion up until the one that came after pets.

BrianApocalypse
02-22-2008, 02:32 PM
:eek: ZOMG! ME TOO!

Awesome, atm I'm doing Age of Kings.

I'd forgotten how terrible the ES campaigns were.

EDIT: Isn't Spore supposed to come out soon?

kaptink
02-22-2008, 03:23 PM
I still play Ski Free.

http://ski.ihoc.net/abom_h.gif

:eek: I remember that!

lolmnt
02-22-2008, 05:08 PM
I thought there was going to be nerd talk.

So I got in a fight with my friend last night who said episode III was better than espisode V. I of course said he was crazy and not allowed to watch Star Wars any more. BUT TODAY, my friend (she "claims" to be a huge Star Wars fan) ****ing agreed with him, and think I'm crazy for sayinig V is the best Star Wars.

Yeah...

StreetLight3989
02-22-2008, 05:29 PM
^I've only seen two star wars. Lord Of The Rings is more my thing.

Ska Wars
02-22-2008, 05:41 PM
space balls > star wars

gopherthegreat
02-22-2008, 06:05 PM
space balls > star wars
blazing saddles > space balls

mike2
02-22-2008, 06:46 PM
**** yeah, blazing saddles is the ****.

SuperBlob
02-22-2008, 07:32 PM
blazing saddles > space balls
Young Frankenstein > Blazing Saddles

Marty Feldman ftw

molly bee
02-22-2008, 08:32 PM
I love the Epoxies! I got Epoxies and Stop The Future at the same time, and so I listened to the first one for about a month straight without touching the other, for fear that I wouldn't like it as much. So when I finally listened to Stop The Future I was pleasantly surprised...both are equally as fantastic.

devourthekitten
02-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Hahahaha I remember how funny it was to make the Sims have sex...

...heheheh...

neidnarb11890
02-22-2008, 10:05 PM
I thought there was going to be nerd talk.

So I got in a fight with my friend last night who said episode III was better than espisode V. I of course said he was crazy and not allowed to watch Star Wars any more. BUT TODAY, my friend (she "claims" to be a huge Star Wars fan) ****ing agreed with him, and think I'm crazy for sayinig V is the best Star Wars.

Yeah...
I don't think episodes I-III were anywhere near as good as IV-VI.

gopherthegreat
02-22-2008, 10:12 PM
I don't think episodes I-III were anywhere near as good as IV-VI.
I and II sucked. III was good, though.

V is the best.

devourthekitten
02-22-2008, 10:14 PM
I and II sucked. III was good, though.

V is the best.
Dude, III sucked almost as much as I and II.

InstantAXonHero
02-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Star Wars Original Trilogy > Star Wars Prequels

Case closed.

devourthekitten
02-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Star Wars Original Trilogy > Star Wars Prequels

Case closed.
x6. *Starts beat-boxing*

opivy21
02-23-2008, 12:09 AM

Marty Feldman ftw
For Real! Young Frankenstein is toooooo good.

axeslash
02-23-2008, 02:15 AM
NERD PUNK TIME!

I belong to the anime club at my college. Try to understand that.

Also I've been playing Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and Power Rangers for Genesis. Not because I like them, but because I was amazing at those games as a kid, and now I suck. So it's kind of like I'm having a contest with my former self. And my former self is winning.

Chaise Boogie
02-23-2008, 02:18 AM
I've been playing Civilization IV and Sins Of A Solar Empire lately.

I love huge, sim/rts/management games.

mike2
02-23-2008, 05:33 AM
omg...this forum is full of nerds...what do i belong to...

mike2
02-23-2008, 06:03 AM
the nerdiest thing i do is post in this forum...which makes me feel even more nerdy now....eh w/e...you all is kew

lavazza
02-23-2008, 07:31 AM

Marty Feldman ftw

The Simple Life 1-1045 > Young Frankenstein

Gutter TV kicksass

SuperBlob
02-23-2008, 07:34 AM
Laurel and Hardy > Everything.

My gods I love Laurel and Hardy *glares at devour, with his ****ty comedy taste* :p:

BrianApocalypse
02-23-2008, 11:14 AM
I used to play a lot of Age Of Empires and Age Of Empires II with The Conquerers Expansion Pack. That game was badass.

http://www.gry-on-line.com/zdjecia_gry/gra_age_of_empire2.jpg

But Age Of Mythology was a piece of crap. Other than that, never been too into games.

I remember that, it's the Age of Kings demo, and that screenshot is also on the back page.

opivy21
02-23-2008, 11:28 AM
This makes me miss Age of Empires II so bad. I spent many an hour dominating that game.

BrianApocalypse
02-23-2008, 12:29 PM
I've probably spent somewhere in the region of 5,000 hours playing it.

Anyone remember "Cossacks"? that game was also good. The sequel however, was crap.

I didn't like AOE III either.

devourthekitten
02-23-2008, 01:10 PM
I used to play a lot of Age Of Empires and Age Of Empires II with The Conquerers Expansion Pack. That game was badass.

http://www.gry-on-line.com/zdjecia_gry/gra_age_of_empire2.jpg

But Age Of Mythology was a piece of crap. Other than that, never been too into games.
Yo! I play Age Of Empires II with The Conquerers, usually as the Japanese, Huns, or Vikings.

Up Da RTS Punx!

DanRev
02-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Yo! I play Age Of Empires II with The Conquerers, usually as the Japanese, Huns, or Vikings.

Up Da RTS Punx!

Dont play it anymore, but celts and huns were the best 'uns.

StreetLight3989
02-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Nintendo 64 beats any other video game system, ever. That said, Bioshock has been an awesome game so far.

SuperBlob
02-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Nintendo 64 beats any other video game system, ever. That said, Bioshock has been an awesome game so far.
This post is 100% Rob J approved

devourthekitten
02-23-2008, 02:09 PM
This post is 100% Rob J approved
This post is 100% Joe C approved...FOR EXTREME FIXING:
This post is 100 PERCENT Radical Rob Jackhammer approved!!! EXTREME!
yo.

BrianApocalypse
02-23-2008, 02:19 PM
I made my own Ai file called "White Panther".

It doesn't use any siege weapons, petards or trebuchets.

It grows at lightning speed, uses tons of units of cavalry archers, light cavalry, knights, pikemen and crossbowmen, and is nigh on impossible to beat above moderate unless you go for a relic or wonder victory, but even then it'll immiediately send batches of 100 units at you several times during the coundown.

It also detects what units you have and starts building another suitable unit to counter it.

For example, if it sends knights in, and you build camels, it starts churning out pikemen, too.

It's way better than the standard ai, and you almost literally cannot win against it if it plays as persians, huns, british or koreans.

Extremely fun on the "rivers" random map, and cuts through towers, walls and castles like a knife through butter.

devourthekitten
02-23-2008, 02:21 PM
I made my own Ai file called "White Panther".

It doesn't use any siege weapons, petards or trebuchets.

It grows at lightning speed, uses tons of units of cavalry archers, light cavalry, knights, pikemen and crossbowmen, and is nigh on impossible to beat above moderate unless you go for a relic or wonder victory, but even then it'll immiediately send batches of 100 units at you several times during the coundown.

It also detects what units you have and starts building another suitable unit to counter it.

For example, if it sends knights in, and you build camels, it starts churning out pikemen, too.

It's way better than the standard ai, and you almost literally cannot win against it if it plays as persians, huns, british or koreans.

Extremely fun on the "rivers" random map, and cuts through towers, walls and castles like a knife through butter.
How would I make a replica of it/would you send me the file(s)?

BrianApocalypse
02-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Yeah, PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy.

devourthekitten
02-23-2008, 02:37 PM
I did, fa shizzle.

SuperBlob
02-23-2008, 02:48 PM
This post is 100% Joe C approved...FOR EXTREME FIXING:

yo.
Damn that is awesome. I'd sig it...but mine's too sexy as it is :sad:

StreetLight3989
02-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Does your AI file work on Mac? If it does can you send me a copy?

devourthekitten
02-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Damn that is awesome. I'd sig it...but mine's too sexy as it is :sad:
But...you hate cheese! That's horrible! Plus, Radical Rob Jackhammer is cool. hahahahahaha.

I think I need to kill myself...I can't find any of the AOE discs...

BrianApocalypse
02-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Does your AI file work on Mac? If it does can you send me a copy?

If you have Age of Kings on it, it should work?

Does it have a directory on the Mac? You need to put the .per and .ai in the AI folder.

mike2
02-23-2008, 03:50 PM

i used to have that system! i loved golden eye and ****ing the legend of zelda...

the other day i decided to get drunk and bust out my super nes and play donkey kong country good times... :)

StreetLight3989
02-23-2008, 03:53 PM
i used to have that system! i loved golden eye and ****ing the legend of zelda...

the other day i decided to get drunk and bust out my super nes and play donkey kong country good times... :)
Nice, I just replayed Ocarina Of Time. Such a good game.

mike2
02-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Nice, I just replayed Ocarina Of Time. Such a good game.

that is my game! ****e...did you get the new one...i did but played it once...

SuperBlob
02-23-2008, 04:28 PM
that is my game! ****e...did you get the new one...i did but played it once...
I've completed it, as I'm a huge Zelda nerd :p:
And why do Americans call them "systems"? It's "console" damnit :p:

Chaise Boogie
02-23-2008, 04:55 PM
**** Ages Of Empires, both were boring as butt ****. I don't play video games that much, due to the fact it was one of the reasons my ex girlfriend starting doing drugs and lying to me. Mostly cause I played WoW, but I quit. That game is nice and all, but I never got the feeling I was looking for.

I'm waiting patiently for Spore. Really can not wait.

BrianApocalypse
02-23-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm quite looking forward to Spore, too.

Although you're wrong about age of empires, it was f*cking good.

RockThe40oz
02-23-2008, 05:49 PM
I don't play video games that much, due to the fact it was one of the reasons my ex girlfriend starting doing drugs and lying to me.

Video games led to drugs and lying? She must have been playing some pretty intense games

devourthekitten
02-23-2008, 07:05 PM
I just got Warcraft II. (NOT Wold Of...)

SuperBlob
02-23-2008, 07:26 PM
I just bought a load of Sonic games. I don't care if the new ones are ****e, I like them :p:

sargasm
02-23-2008, 08:05 PM
I am sooo excited for Spore. I'm stoked that it's coming out for Wii.

BrianApocalypse
02-24-2008, 06:38 AM
I hope it's going to be good, they cut a load of content out.

It's like the chinese democracy of the computer world.

axeslash
02-24-2008, 07:29 AM
I don't really play video games anymore. Ever since my Xbox 360 decided to commit red-light suicide I basically went into withdrawal, and now I've just stopped playin'. I've been trying to get back into old school roms, but it hasn't been working. I've been working on art, doing school stuff, and I just can't get into video games.

Guys, I'm not obsessed with video games, and I find that to be a problem.
I've just realize how god-damned confusing that statement is.

Well ****. For the past few days I've been trying to decide whether or not I want to be straight-edge, and now I'm trying to be a video-game nerd. And all because I saw someone talk about video games.

I better stop ranting before I say something I shouldn't.

BrianApocalypse
02-24-2008, 09:57 AM
I play about an hour of video games a day, which is about right.

I spend an hour excercising.

I spend a fair few hours listening to and playing music whilst surfing the internet.

And that works for me :)

SuperBlob
02-24-2008, 10:12 AM
I don't really play video games anymore. Ever since my Xbox 360 decided to commit red-light suicide I basically went into withdrawal, and now I've just stopped playin'. I've been trying to get back into old school roms, but it hasn't been working. I've been working on art, doing school stuff, and I just can't get into video games.

Guys, I'm not obsessed with video games, and I find that to be a problem.
I've just realize how god-damned confusing that statement is.

Well ****. For the past few days I've been trying to decide whether or not I want to be straight-edge, and now I'm trying to be a video-game nerd. And all because I saw someone talk about video games.

I better stop ranting before I say something I shouldn't.
Do it, and become like me :p:

Joe-Fish
02-24-2008, 11:29 AM
I played sims for a day, but I quit because my people keep catching on fire from trying to cook.

kaptink
02-24-2008, 02:15 PM
I am sooo excited for Spore. I'm stoked that it's coming out for Wii.

Yeah I was worried my PC would die trying to process a whole universe at once!

lolmnt
02-24-2008, 02:18 PM
I played sims for a day, but I quit because my people keep catching on fire from trying to cook.You have to get them a couple cooking points before you let them cook

Iluvpowerchords
02-24-2008, 02:33 PM
I wish getting good at the guitar and piano in real life was as easy as it is in the Sims.

Make Noise for an hour or two
Put chords together
Play blazing leads

Yeah...

devourthekitten
02-24-2008, 03:16 PM
I wish getting good at the guitar and piano in real life was as easy as it is in the Sims.

Make Noise for an hour or two
Put chords together
Play blazing leads

Yeah...
You don't have to do that to get good, just thrash like crazy and scream.

mike2
02-24-2008, 04:48 PM
I've completed it, as I'm a huge Zelda nerd :p:
And why do Americans call them "systems"? It's "console" damnit :p:

well, the nintendo and super nintendo are called NES and SNES respectively, which stands for Nintendo Entertainment System and Super Nintendo Enterainment System. i don't think there is a proper or improper thing to call it...but that is what nintendo (or maybe Nintendo America) called those systems.

BrianApocalypse
02-24-2008, 04:57 PM
What's the difference between a SNES and a Super Nintendo?

mike2
02-24-2008, 04:59 PM
nothing, the snes stands for super nintendo entertainment system. it is just an accronym. and super nintendo is just the short hand name for it.

waterproofpie
02-24-2008, 08:00 PM
Awesome, atm I'm doing Age of Kings.

I'd forgotten how terrible the ES campaigns were.

EDIT: Isn't Spore supposed to come out soon?

Spore should be coming out in the fall. And it looks amazing. I will definately be all over it.

StreetLight3989
02-24-2008, 08:05 PM
The only games I really get excited about the release are the big Nintendo franchises. I <3 Nintendo, but my 360 is starting to give me a lot of enjoyment.

axeslash
02-24-2008, 08:08 PM
I wonder what Nemo will say when he sees that?

StreetLight3989
02-24-2008, 08:10 PM
I wonder what Nemo will say when he sees that?
I wonder if Nemo was a gamer back in the day? He doesn't seem like the gamer type to me.

BrianApocalypse
02-25-2008, 07:26 AM
Oh come on, Nemo is far too old skool for computer games.

As for Spore, it was supposed to come out in March.

SuperBlob
02-25-2008, 08:40 AM
Oh come on, Nemo is far too old skool for computer games.

As for Spore, it was supposed to come out in March.
He plays ridiculously old-skool games. Like that missile command one. Where you shoot the line and it hits the other line in an explosion. :p:

axeslash
02-25-2008, 11:44 AM
He plays ridiculously old-skool games. Like that missile command one. Where you shoot the line and it hits the other line in an explosion. :p:
Man I remember that game. I would play it for hours on end, and NEVER be able to beat my dad's high score.

Oh well, at least I can kick his ass at Gears of War.

Chaise Boogie
02-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Spore comes out September 5th or something.

This reminds me. Anyone played Rancid's song on Guitar Hero 2? It is complete ****, and is ****ing hard. I can't play any punk song on Guitar Hero, which is really ****ing weird to me. But Guitar Hero is just Tony Hawk for music, so **** it both ways.

BrianApocalypse
02-25-2008, 03:48 PM
I played "Anarchy in the UK" on guitar hero on easy mode with 100%.

I got about 30% on normal mode.

I'm also going to a guitar hero contest tonight, I'm not playing, but I'm dressed as David Gilmour, who I apparently look like.

Chaise Boogie
02-25-2008, 03:49 PM
I played "Anarchy in the UK" on guitar hero on easy mode with 100%.

I got about 30% on normal mode.

I'm also going to a guitar hero contest tonight, I'm not playing, but I'm dressed as David Gilmour, who I apparently look like.

Blitzkrieg Bop would always get me. I just can't play those stupid plastic frets fast enough. It's just dumb. Real real dumb.

BrianApocalypse
02-25-2008, 03:53 PM
I can pick fine, my problem is the timing, because guitar hero is off the beat, apart from expert mode.

It's easy to get the right hand working, because you can alternate pick. The left hand is the tricky one.

StreetLight3989
02-25-2008, 04:08 PM
I've beaten expert in guitar hero 2, I can't beat Cult Of Personality in 3. I don't care what anybody says, guitar hero is really fun.

mike2
02-25-2008, 05:57 PM
i hate that game, because everytime i go to a party there is that one retarded ****er who doesn't stop playing the same four songs over and over and over while he is drunk, that gets ****ing annoying. although i was amazed to see someone beat that dragonforce song on expert...

lolmnt
02-25-2008, 05:59 PM
The drums on Rockband is alot of fun.

IlikeTheSKA
02-25-2008, 10:26 PM
I can play guitar hero acoustically.

BrianApocalypse
02-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Rock band is going to be good.

Me and my friends are going to pitch in on a set.

I'm the singer.

sargasm
02-26-2008, 12:14 PM
I only play Heroin Hero now.

mike2
02-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Rock band is going to be good.

Me and my friends are going to pitch in on a set.

I'm the singer.

it's fun singing to blitzkrieg bop...

BrianApocalypse
02-26-2008, 03:32 PM
How does it work then?

Do you sing into the mike and it plays the tone in the track if you sing it correctly?

mike2
02-26-2008, 03:34 PM
yeah...but the faulty of the game is that if you just hum and get to the correct pitch and tone and ****, it still says it's good. so you really don't have to sing. I don't know any of the lyrics of any of the songs cept the ramones and the clash, so humming comes in handy if you can't read fast enough...

but some assholes just hum every song...**** faces...

BrianApocalypse
02-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Damn, that kind of sucks a ****.

Still, humming could be a pretty cool thing to do in real music, too, so it's certainly not unvalid.

mike2
02-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Damn, that kind of sucks a ****.

Still, humming could be a pretty cool thing to do in real music, too, so it's certainly not unvalid.

the beastie boys song is tuff though....SABATOGE!!!!!

gopherthegreat
02-26-2008, 03:59 PM
I only play Heroin Hero now.
did you catch the dragon?