Make my aerobic workout more punk?

PDA

View Full Version : Make my aerobic workout more punk?

hug a llama
02-22-2008, 09:49 PM
In PE we are doing a unit of step aerobics, and my teacher gave the students the choice of picking songs to listen to. Well I jumped to this opportunity to get something other than techno pop songs on her boombox. I blurted out the first song that came to my mind, "Suggestion" by Fugazi. Next week I guess she'll ask us for a whole new batch of songs to put on her CD. So I ask you, punk/ska forum to suggest me a few songs to workout to.

I know probably most of my class will hate my choice, but at least I'll be having fun :)

Mayor West
02-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Operation ivy would do just fine.

your_martyr
02-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Give it all by rise against or Holiday in Cambodia by the Dead Kennedys, or last but not least Were Eagels Dare by the Misfits.

devourthekitten
02-22-2008, 09:57 PM
In PE we are doing a unit of step aerobics, and my teacher gave the students the choice of picking songs to listen to. Well I jumped to this opportunity to get something other than techno pop songs on her boombox. I blurted out the first song that came to my mind, "Suggestion" by Fugazi. Next week I guess she'll ask us for a whole new batch of songs to put on her CD. So I ask you, punk/ska forum to suggest me a few songs to workout to.

I know probably most of my class will hate my choice, but at least I'll be having fun :)
Yay! Fugazi!

Um...how about Charles Bronson - Obligatory Jock Slaughter Song, Limp Wrist - I Love Hardcore Boys/I Love Boys Hardcore (great for PE, because as soon as all the jocks realize it's queercore they'll freak), Casual Tees - Punk Rawk Luv (or whatever the **** it is), Minor Threat - Filler.

Cameronrobson
02-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Some Lifetime, Rites of spring, At the Drive-in ( I'm pretty emo ).

sargasm
02-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Limp Wrist - I Love Hardcore Boys, I Love Boys Hardcore

Everyone would be really confused for 55 seconds.

devourthekitten
02-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Limp Wrist - I Love Hardcore Boys, I Love Boys Hardcore

Everyone would be really confused for 55 seconds.
Second high-five of the day!

hug a llama
02-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Yay! Fugazi!

Um...how about Charles Bronson - Obligatory Jock Slaughter Song, Limp Wrist - I Love Hardcore Boys/I Love Boys Hardcore (great for PE, because as soon as all the jocks realize it's queercore they'll freak), Casual Tees - Punk Rawk Luv (or whatever the **** it is), Minor Threat - Filler.
:haha

Do you think that song is easily accessible to someone using itunes? I think My PE teacher uses that to get the songs instead of illegally downloading it. I might just go with this one just for shits and giggles

werty22
02-22-2008, 10:58 PM
My sister has a book called Punk Rock Aerobics. I'm surprised no one else mentioned it.

axeslash
02-23-2008, 02:11 AM

Do you think that song is easily accessible to someone using itunes? I think My PE teacher uses that to get the songs instead of illegally downloading it. I might just go with this one just for shits and giggles
You could always just bring in a burnt CD and mis-name everything. It would be great.

IlikeTheSKA
02-23-2008, 02:16 AM
Punk Rock Aerobics used to be on Noggin.

I was laughing so hard when it came on during a commercial break while I was watching Degrassi.

Trust me, it wasn't my house, I had no control over the remote.
Or else I would have been watching Pokemon.

StreetLight3989
02-23-2008, 02:18 AM
Punk Rock Aerobics used to be on Noggin.

I was laughing so hard when it came on during a commercial break while I was watching Degrassi.

Trust me, it wasn't my house, I had no control over the remote.
Or else I would have been watching Pokemon.
Wait, there's an actual punk rock aerobics? I must see this.

IlikeTheSKA
02-23-2008, 02:22 AM
Wait, there's an actual punk rock aerobics? I must see this.

This was about four years ago, though. I looked for it on YouTube, but to no avail.

But man was it hilarious. I remember one girl had like, a pink and black striped sock on her arm, and she was pumping her arm
up
and
down.

She said it was called the "arm pump".

Some of it hit a little too close to home, though.
Especially when they referred to "picking up change" as "picking up change".

Ramco
02-23-2008, 02:26 AM
I listen almost exclusively to the Ramones when I work out, especially their first album.

Also Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band's album "Hulk Rules" is kickass workout music. It's totally punx. I wanna be a Hulkamaniac, have fun with my family and friends...

StreetLight3989
02-23-2008, 02:28 AM
This was about four years ago, though. I looked for it on YouTube, but to no avail.

But man was it hilarious. I remember on girl had like, a pink and black striped sock on her arm, and she was pumping her arm
up
and
down.

She said it was called the "arm pump".

Some of it hit a little too close to home, though.
Especially when they referred to "picking up change" as "picking up change".
Hahaha, hopefully they rerun it sometime.

crustyreed
02-23-2008, 03:35 AM
listen so spazz. and do steps as fast they play, instant heart attack.

AlkalineCherry
02-23-2008, 04:02 AM
there was a punk rock aerobics book (Or summat to that effect) put out a few years ago.

sargasm
02-23-2008, 04:06 AM
I should start a punk rock workout/aerobics/yoga/whatever group here. That would be pretty cool.

kurtrip
02-23-2008, 05:05 AM
municipal waste - headbanger facerip

mike2
02-23-2008, 05:23 AM
dude, this one song that is a cover of a billy bragg song by a band called 50 million, the title is a new england...that song is the ****.

also, a new age by the subhumans...

and one track mind by johnny t and the heartbreakers

axeslash
02-23-2008, 05:27 AM
I should start a punk rock workout/aerobics/yoga/whatever group here. That would be pretty cool.
It sure would be.

"Okay class, we're done exercising, now let's all go drink a bunch of forties and make fun of some poserz!"

I could get into that.

lavazza
02-23-2008, 07:33 AM
Do me the favour and put some Grindcore on the CD and then film the way you do aerobic

Adarsh
02-23-2008, 08:25 AM
Do me the favour and put some Grindcore on the CD and then film the way you do aerobic

:D

radio_schizo
02-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Cryptic Slaughter! See who can keep up with that.

devourthekitten
02-23-2008, 01:15 PM

I don't know...I'm downloading iTunes right now, just for the purpose of finding this out...heheheh...

kaptink
02-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Find something with really erratic time and tempo changes just so people spazz out trying to do star jumps to it.

Or straight edge by minor threat.

StreetLight3989
02-23-2008, 03:31 PM
I can see it now, "And next we have punk rock aerobics with Jordan, today we are going to teach you how to mash 2 da Casualties."

molly bee
02-23-2008, 03:59 PM
http://books.google.com/books?id=ONRSnYFM26UC&dq=punk+rock+aerobics&pg=PP1&ots=FjbsCIY9us&sig=9NIwBampOSvvEu9j38jbbGfiHjk&hl=en&prev=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=punk+rock+aerobics&btnG=Google+Search&sa=X&oi=print&ct=title&cad=one-book-with-thumbnail#PPA10,M1

crustyreed
02-23-2008, 04:08 PM

haha me and my friend are talking about running in summer. and we're both PONX as fux