"hendrix" movie

PDA

View Full Version : "hendrix" movie

Nikita, Righ?
02-23-2008, 01:38 AM
Has anyone seen it? It's a made for cable movie and I just caught parts of it. I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty bad as a whole. It's structured very poorly, and the story is told in a very dull way.

The worst part about it was that the actor who plays Jimi is totally unbelievable. He doesn't seem mystic at all... just a dude saying "far out" and "cool" all the time. And he was obviously not playing guitar. Like it was the worst faking I have ever seen. It makes it kind of repulsive to watch. :mad:

So why hasn't there been an epic Hendrix movie? I think it would be cool if it were done right. I'm guessing the problem is finding a good young black actor that also plays blues guitar well enough to portray live performances?

What are your guys' opinions on all this?

btw if there is already a thread on this or it is in the wrong forum, sorry. :(

MetalMusicianAl
02-23-2008, 01:41 AM
if they could make a good ray charles movie they can make a good hendrix movie

TheGuitarDreams
02-23-2008, 01:41 AM
yeah, pretty bad, not even the plaster caster lady was right, if I recall it was only one?

but the part where it was like *small penis*, this one is Pete Townsend's dick....

funny ****

ibanezguitars44
02-23-2008, 01:45 AM
dude from outkast should play jimi

Nikita, Righ?
02-23-2008, 01:47 AM
dude from outkast should play jimi

not a bad suggestion man... but does anyone know if he can act?

imgooley
02-23-2008, 01:49 AM
not a bad suggestion man... but does anyone know if he can act?
He did a pretty good job in Idlewild

guitarnoobie
02-23-2008, 02:45 AM
I was just thinking the same thing. He had his triumphs, and he had his demons. Although I think these biopics on music artists seem to get a little repetitive. They'ed have to make it different.

Jimmy94
02-23-2008, 03:11 AM
I've heard rumors that lenny kravitz is playing hendrix in an upcoming movie, following the success of I Walk The Line

Carswell98
02-23-2008, 03:42 AM
I've heard rumors that lenny kravitz is playing hendrix in an upcoming movie, following the success of I Walk The Line

it seems like a parade of music movies are coming out

I think Zooey Deschanel is supposed to play Janis Joplin in a movie soon too

Dimebag22
02-23-2008, 03:54 AM
it seems like a parade of music movies are coming out

I think Zooey Deschanel is supposed to play Janis Joplin in a movie soon too
Same with a Doors movie and a Queen movie I think...

Well I guess there is already a Doors movie, but I think they might be making a new one. No idea where I heard that from though.

Ataxia
02-23-2008, 05:42 AM
Andre3000 should play as Hendrix, if there ever was another to be made. I [think] he can play guitar too pretty well, which is always a plus. He's also got a pretty far out style, much like Jimi.

http://www.2pac2k.de/outkast/outkast.jpg

Chris_Parker
02-23-2008, 05:46 AM
Andre is my first pick, provided he can play. I dunno about Lenny. If he can act/be Hendrix, I guess.

Psh, those two should have a mutant lovechild and have him play Jimi.

TeXaS_db
02-23-2008, 06:06 AM
what about that guy from "Across The Universe", thats who he was portraying was hendrix. he could act, he looked like him and he played guitar

ze monsta
02-23-2008, 06:44 AM
Isn't Lenny Kravitz blind? :confused:

gopherthegreat
02-23-2008, 11:43 AM
isnt there gonna be a keith moon movie? that might just be a rumor, but i heard it somewhere.....

TheDev01dOne
02-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Yeah I've heard about Lenny Kravitz playing Hendrix in some movie ages ago.. Maybe it never got finished or something..

The old The Doors movie is awesome though, I don't think a new one would be able to top it. Whatever the actor's name is that played Jim Morrison (The guy from Top Gun.. I forget his name) did an awesome job and definitely looked and acted like Jim. I'm pretty sure he really sung on songs for the soundtrack too..

A Hendrix movie would be cool but all the music idol movies are getting a bit repetetive, it's either gotta be amazing masterpiece or it's just gonna fail and become another cliched music biography movie that no one ever remembers.