Hey Europunkfagz

PDA

View Full Version : Hey Europunkfagz

whyvern
02-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Tell me about punk rock in Italy and a good place to find information out about it.

I played a show with this band called Dirty Power Game when I lived in Worcester, they were awesome but I dunno where they're from.

I also know about the Morticia's Lovers and Retarded... two great Italian punk bands.

I might be moving to Rome in July and I need some information on Italian punks.

And if you live in Italy does anyone wanna start a band?

devourthekitten
02-23-2008, 03:05 PM
I don't live in Italy, but I'm part Italian.

J6strings21fret
02-23-2008, 03:08 PM
When you title a thread "Hey Europunkfagz," don't expect many great responses...

StreetLight3989
02-23-2008, 03:09 PM
When you title a thread "Hey Europunkfagz," don't expect many great responses...
Whyvern will get great responses no matter what because he's awesome. Also whyvern your band should play in New Brunswick. Also my Italian teacher may know something about Italian punk. No guarantees, but I'll try.

devourthekitten
02-23-2008, 03:11 PM
Your band should be on the Flaming Chainsaws record label.

crustyreed
02-23-2008, 03:27 PM
only band i know is 'out with a bang' but i think they jsut broke up. I think they had 2 7's on criminal IQ

EDIT, in case you dont know them, theyre not crust. garage-ish stuff

lavazza
02-23-2008, 03:37 PM
I might be moving to Rome in July and I need some information on Italian punks.

I was in Rome last autumn.......this city has nothing but pizza and shops where you can buy little pope statues and trikots, really, there was one guitar shop, but this one was closed when I was there.

Italian Punk bands are Los Fastidios and Raw Power

J6strings21fret
02-23-2008, 03:53 PM
EMO>METAL

Nuff said.....

RockThe40oz
02-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Nuff said.....

If you don't like it, you can geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet out

Do It Again
02-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Oh yeah. Cause you know all about Europes punk scene if you live in Europe, I barely know my town's scene.

SuperBlob
02-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Nuff said.....
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jdFl0cRb9G0

That's emo, and better than most metal songs I've heard. So bugger off.

hardrock1315
02-23-2008, 08:04 PM
I just got back from Italy, and besides all the graffiti there wasn't much evidence of a punk scene.

crustyreed
02-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Oh yeah. Cause you know all about Europes punk scene if you live in Europe, I barely know my town's scene.

yes but you also sound like your 13

whyvern
02-24-2008, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the help everyone.

I know Out With A Bang, Morgan from Tulsa gave me their 7" whenever they played here. So awesome. One of my favorite memories of living in Worcester was screaming along with the Off With A Bang 7" that my friend had too and it was the first time I hung out with punks up there.

As to the New Brunswick thing, we'll try and play there, everyone else in the band works so it's kinda hard to hit everywhere all though we would like to and seeing as how this tour after this one will be our last one for a while (cos I'm moving to Italy).

Oh ps:

I don't care if you think there's not a punk scene there... because if they have punks in Nepal they sure as hell have DIY punk rock in Italy.

Does anyone have any info on squats in Rome in particular or surrounding cities work too. No, I don't wanna live in one, but in Europe squats are pretty the equivalent of American punk houses (from what I can gather from people telling me about traveling there).

crustyreed
02-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Does anyone have any info on squats in Rome in particular or surrounding cities work too. No, I don't wanna live in one, but in Europe squats are pretty the equivalent of American punk houses (from what I can gather from people telling me about traveling there).

I shall check some tour journals tonight and see if I can be of any help.