Band at a stand still

PDA

View Full Version : Band at a stand still

master_ofmetal
02-23-2008, 04:14 PM
So me and a few other guys decided to start a band we all play metal. The problem is theyre going start learning theyre instruments and one already has started learning so Im the only one who really knows how to play. We plan this band the summer of last year and only one has started to learn out of the 3 that were interested. I feel like next time I meet them I might just hand tabs from songs and ask then to the learn their part. My other problem is the guy who I want to have play bass doesnt want to play bass and I cant play bass because Im probably the best guitarist there. Ill just have to see if anyone else is welling to learn the bass.

Shadowplay13
02-23-2008, 04:19 PM
you got a long road ahead of you my friend

dr.rock666
02-23-2008, 04:20 PM
i have same problem
im the only experienced guitarist of our band.
our drummer and rhythm guitarist have been playing for less than 3months..soo were stuck in practice stage for probably 2 more years:P

JLT73
02-24-2008, 10:37 AM
find people that can already play.

I never understood why people just decide to start a band even though certain people don't know how to play yet or are just starting to learn

Mr.Cuddles
02-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Ts i think i know your second guitarist whos learning, is his name jeff?

EDIT: nvm i just saw you live near california.
sorry.

master_ofmetal
02-24-2008, 01:59 PM
find people that can already play.

I never understood why people just decide to start a band even though certain people don't know how to play yet or are just starting to learn

Thats because 1 im lookin for peaple who want to play the same genre 2. I dont go to school with a lot of guitarist/drummers. As I side note I know another guitarist who likes metal and has been playing for a while but hes 2 years older than me and I only see him a few times a year so I think it would be awkward to ask him to join. and no the guys whos learning the guitar isnt Jeff.

huevomax
02-24-2008, 02:12 PM
So me and a few other guys decided to start a band we all play metal. The problem is theyre going start learning theyre instruments and one already has started learning so Im the only one who really knows how to play. We plan this band the summer of last year and only one has started to learn out of the 3 that were interested. I feel like next time I meet them I might just hand tabs from songs and ask then to the learn their part. My other problem is the guy who I want to have play bass doesnt want to play bass and I cant play bass because Im probably the best guitarist there. Ill just have to see if anyone else is welling to learn the bass.

You just answered yourself. Replace the bassist and if anyone better than the rest of the band comes along and wants to join, let them join. It doesn't sound like the rest of the guys are too interested in starting a band.