An advice, for life

PDA

View Full Version : An advice, for life

Eccer
02-24-2008, 01:25 PM
If I know ug well, I'll never get an advice, or I'll probably be flamed. But here it goes..

What would you do if, if you felt trapped, not allowed to share your dreams in a band?

I am in this very state.. and it's ****ing hell. What am I supposed to do? I can't share my thoughts because a certain person is to...closed minded. I have a burning desire that which screams every night, that I have something the world must see, but can't hear, because there is a obstacle.. a ****ing spike wall. Something like that.

Well, you get my point.

ESte
02-24-2008, 01:30 PM
What would you do if, if you felt trapped, not allowed to share your dreams in a band?

Leave.

Well, you get my point.

Not really.

Eccer
02-24-2008, 01:46 PM
Leave.

Not really.

That's something..

huevomax
02-24-2008, 02:08 PM
If I know ug well, I'll never get an advice, or I'll probably be flamed. But here it goes..

I am in this very state.. and it's ****ing hell. What am I supposed to do? I can't share my thoughts because a certain person is to...closed minded. I have a burning desire that which screams every night, that I have something the world must see, but can't hear, because there is a obstacle.. a ****ing spike wall. Something like that.

Well, you get my point.

Leave the band as soon as possible. That's the reason why many bands brake up later on. If the rest of the band agrees with you you can get together and kick that one person out of the band. But if it's just you, you should leave and join a new band.

kaptink
02-24-2008, 02:21 PM
depends, would the grass be greener outside the band?

Arca301
02-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Pull a Newstead and split.

Avedas
02-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Leave.

Not really.

2chars

Page&HammettFan
02-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Discuss this with them, and tell ass-hat that you don't like an idea of his whenever he presents one. Be a close minded **** to him just like he does you.

Another road would be demoing songs that you've got for the band to hear (assuming they're originals), and get them close to the way that you want 'em so that they'll impress people and show it off at practice.

If all else fails, a band isn't worth your mental health.

SlackerBabbath
02-25-2008, 07:08 AM
depends, would the grass be greener outside the band?
Precisely, and for this reason, it's better to start a side project before deciding if you wanna quit or not. If the side project suits you better and you enjoy it more, then by all means leave the band you're in.
Just don't go burning bridges before you're cirtain of what you want to do.

SSDDPunkRocker
02-25-2008, 04:42 PM
I would say leave, or straight-up confront them. Music is about creativity, and if you can't express that, don't waste your time.

flamencogod
02-25-2008, 05:04 PM
another idea is to work your musical ideas out in something like guitarpro, so you can really show them what you want...

Maybe they'll think about it different when you show concrete ideas.

Eccer
02-25-2008, 06:03 PM
You pretty much agreed on all things, thanks guys. Me, and our fellow keyboardist has now realised, that this won't work. Either we kick him out, or leave.

Another dilemma, our vocal is his chick. So, we're pretty much ****ed if we leave.

Well, thanks alot!

I guess this a part of life.

SSDDPunkRocker
02-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Another dilemma, our vocal is his chick. So, we're pretty much ****ed if we leave.

Another huge tip.

NEVER EVER EVER EVER make a band with a significant other.

If they break up, your band is in turmoil. ;)

Life lesson. Again.

Eccer
02-25-2008, 07:29 PM
Another huge tip.

NEVER EVER EVER EVER make a band with a significant other.

If they break up, your band is in turmoil. ;)

Life lesson. Again.

I know =/ cruel world, we didn't realise, AFTER she had joined, he kinda betrayed us that bastard. *slap in the face* She's incredible, has an amazing soprano voice. We still can't believe it, though, I guess when they break up, we'll form a band without him.. He...he...he...he...our plan will succeed.