So Yeah Uhm My Old Band Sorta Thing

PDA

View Full Version : So Yeah Uhm My Old Band Sorta Thing

Gareththomson=)
02-24-2008, 01:45 PM
I Was In A "Band" So to speak,
We Practised Once (It was pretty bad but i wasn't expecting much)
I am Into Indie They are into modern rock (Biffy Clyro And stuff)
The Bassists who has Been Playing The Longest (2 years) And Is Probally the most uncreative person I've met he sticks to one string and is just not very good.I Could probally do better.The drummer was just too bloody loud and only could do a few things been playin drums since THIS Christmas and on guitar he's classicly trained and started playin all this spanish crap on my geet-arrr.He is also a wanna-be vocalist and is pretty bad his lyrics hes wrote are really depresing and slow.I was the un-offical vocalist and Rythm AND lead guitarist.It was pretty bad i'm not being big headed but I know my way round a guitar pretty well and know loads of Barre and open chords (unlike the drummer who knows none) and i also can play lead.My vocals were also abit better am not excatly a master but yeah I've got the whole Indie thing going.I think they want to start the band up again, I do really want to be in a band but should i go back to them even though they do hold me back ?!? I Would certanly join a diffrent band with the same style but there is absolutly no one...
P.s They dont have the look atal witch you also need to have

ESte
02-24-2008, 02:11 PM
I Was In A "Band" So to speak,
We Practised Once (It was pretty bad but i wasn't expecting much)
I am Into Indie They are into modern rock (Biffy Clyro And stuff)
The Bassists who has Been Playing The Longest (2 years) And Is Probally the most uncreative person I've met he sticks to one string and is just not very good.I Could probally do better.The drummer was just too bloody loud and only could do a few things been playin drums since THIS Christmas and on guitar he's classicly trained and started playin all this spanish crap on my geet-arrr.He is also a wanna-be vocalist and is pretty bad his lyrics hes wrote are really depresing and slow.I was the un-offical vocalist and Rythm AND lead guitarist.It was pretty bad i'm not being big headed but I know my way round a guitar pretty well and know loads of Barre and open chords (unlike the drummer who knows none) and i also can play lead.My vocals were also abit better am not excatly a master but yeah I've got the whole Indie thing going.I think they want to start the band up again, I do really want to be in a band but should i go back to them even though they do hold me back ?!? I Would certanly join a diffrent band with the same style but there is absolutly no one...

You arrogant close minded ****. You don't deserve to be in ANY band.
And looks? WHAT THE ****? Your band members need to be good looking for you to play with them? Being in the band is about having fun and play music. Who the **** cares about how people look.
Throw your guitar out the window and for the sake of the humanity never ever join a band!

Gareththomson=)
02-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Am not saying there not good looking and i'm willing to cover other songs that they like but its always too hard for at least one of us

Rvddps
02-24-2008, 03:11 PM
You arrogant close minded ****. You don't deserve to be in ANY band.
And looks? WHAT THE ****? Your band members need to be good looking for you to play with them? Being in the band is about having fun and play music. Who the **** cares about how people look.
Throw your guitar out the window and for the sake of the humanity never ever join a band!

Damn, this guy hit it right on the head, i was thinking the exact same things. Now, for constructive help, try talking to them about it, tell them how you feel, in a nice way, not gloating or telling them that they hold you back.

Gareththomson=)
02-24-2008, 03:26 PM
I Think Ill Just Write On My Own For A While.I appoligse if i come across arogant i can be sometimes i just am rather honest also the guys who were in it were bout about 4 and a half foot and i'm near six.

Paul Lambeth
02-24-2008, 03:43 PM
I Think Ill Just Write On My Own For A While.I appoligse if i come across arogant i can be sometimes i just am rather honest also the guys who were in it were bout about 4 and a half foot and i'm near six.

Oh, that's alright then :). If they're SMALLER than you it must be a musically bad idea!

If you don't like the people you're working with for whatever reason, either sort it out or get out, even if your views are laughable.

Page&HammettFan
02-24-2008, 06:23 PM
I'd post something useful, but I had to make myself a bit more retarded than I already am just to read this... Please, for the love of God, use proper grammar. It helps if you wanna be taken seriously.

dst127
02-26-2008, 11:18 PM

That's pretty tall for a 13 year old. Grow up.

SlackerBabbath
02-27-2008, 09:02 AM
I was in a band once with two guitarists, one of whom was 5' 1" and the other was 6'8" (we called him 'Lurch')
It was a good way to get noticed and remembered, kinda like a gimmick, and it definately worked for us.
Look at the Ramones. Joey Ramone towered above the rest of the band and it never did them any harm.
Use your height to your advantage, (it literaly makes you stand out in a crowd) and don't be embarrassed about your height.
As for re-joining the band, why not give it a go? It may take some time to get everyone up to speed and happening as a tight unit but if there really isn't anything else for you, what the hell, it may be worth it. After all, you're not doing anything else are you?

Tazeyo
02-27-2008, 07:37 PM
The drummer was just too bloody loud and only could do a few things been playin drums and on guitar he's classicly trained and started playin all this spanish crap on my geet-arrr. He is also a wanna-be vocalist and is pretty bad his lyrics hes wrote are really depresing and slow.
It was pretty bad i'm not being big headed but I know my way round a guitar pretty well and know loads of Barre and open chords (unlike the drummer who knows none) and i also can play lead.My vocals were also abit better am not excatly a master but yeah I've got the whole Indie thing going.

The drummer is loud, you crank up the amps.

If the drummer is clasically trained at guitar, how can he not know none of them barre chords or open chords?
Spanish "crap" > you. :no:

I don't know you, but I think you're a jerk and you're being big headed.
You've got a bad attitude.

FuzzyBear
02-28-2008, 08:16 AM
seriously dude, if the drummers classically trained your probably holding him back

his spanish "crap" is alot more impressive than your barre chords

JLT73
02-28-2008, 09:02 AM
hopefully these guys don't let you be in the band again. If you were in my band you'd get to ol' heave ho