First Indoor Gig

PDA

View Full Version : First Indoor Gig

briman007
02-24-2008, 10:29 PM
My band's first gig inside in a gym is coming up and I'm not entirely sure how to set up for it so we dont all go deaf. Every gig weve played up to this point how been outside with a soundman and monitors and for this we wont have such graces. Any suggestions on how we can keep from losing our hearing...and musical quality?

Mettliccaa
02-24-2008, 10:33 PM
You could wear earplugs. Or if you don't have those 2$ luxury's you could stuff your ears with cotton balls. As far as the sound go's make sure you have someone in the audience or something that can turn the amps up or down if one ends up being to low or something.

Paquijón
02-24-2008, 11:22 PM
You could wear earplugs. Or if you don't have those 2$ luxury's you could stuff your ears with cotton balls. As far as the sound go's make sure you have someone in the audience or something that can turn the amps up or down if one ends up being to low or something.

Don't do this, it is pointless. Stuffing your ears with cotton balls will only cut out about 7 dB of sound, which is not much. I suggest going out and getting some musician's earplugs from guitar center which are supposedly really good, or if you don't have some cash just get some regular earplugs from wal-mart or the drugstore, although it may reduce the quality of what you hear. Whatever you choose, WEAR EARPLUGS. One gig is not worth having a constant ringing in your ears for years.

Zander155
02-25-2008, 02:11 AM
Buy some Hearos from MS. I was jamming with a LOUD drummer today. Popped those babies in and cranked my Classic 30. Wasn't even close to hearing my C30 on 4 or 5.