State of the Punk Forum adress!

PDA

View Full Version : State of the Punk Forum adress!

sargasm
02-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Okay, so as president, I figure I should do something presidentish. So, partially as an excuse to call attention to my 10,000th post, I'm going to let you know how the forum is doing because you were probably all wondering.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h98/jupiternova/SargasmLogo.png

First order of business:

THIS IS MY 10,000TH POST!!!! ZOMG!

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h98/jupiternova/Picture1-2.png

Man, I'm really lame.

Okay, so how's our lil' ol' forum doing, you may ask.

Well, I don't think I would be going out on a limb if I were to say "pretty dern good dontcha know"

The Punk Forum Chat is thriving more than ever! Every evening we have about 10 people are so. Let's keep that going! We're even getting some people from #UG trickling in because they know it's where da partiez at. That's cool, even though they're not troo ponx. To those of you who don't already, come into the chat! It's a rad party with lots of hip cats!

The Punk Forum zine was a huge success. Hopefully we will be seeing more issues in the future. I think it's safe to say that we're the only punk related forum on the entire internetz that has our own zine, and other cool DIY projects.

Despite the constant threat of terrorism from the Metal forum, I'd say we're doing pretty good! Here's to four more years, and 10,000 more posts! (oh god...)

cam_sampbell
02-25-2008, 01:42 PM
I don't care
also
you have a fun life

gopherthegreat
02-25-2008, 01:44 PM
w00t w00t

webbtje
02-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Congratulations!

I don't even frequent the Punk forum, but whatever.

duncang
02-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Despite the constant threat of terrorism from the Metal forum

Huh?

gallagher2006
02-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Yeah. Something like that.

axeslash
02-25-2008, 01:52 PM
I do believe this momentous occasion calls for this:

*-)

SuperBlob
02-25-2008, 01:53 PM
:haha:haha:haha
I love how practically everyone who's replied never come into the punk forum.
Oh, and it's address.

And congrats...I think...

And thanks for reminding me axe

*-)

Ultimate_Gio92
02-25-2008, 01:56 PM
you go girl

webbtje
02-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Also, terrorism from us gentle folk in the Metal forum? :haha

Can't say I've ever trolled you guys.

Although I take the piss out of pop-punk, which hardly counts.

SuperBlob
02-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Also, terrorism from us gentle folk in the Metal forum? :haha

Can't say I've ever trolled you guys.

Although I take the piss out of pop-punk, which hardly counts.
It's just on various occasions when there's a punk thread on the front page, and people have no idea what's going on and act like morons. It's actually quite amusing :haha

Oh, and a statement from the Prime Minister -

"Yeah, it's all good"

BrianApocalypse
02-25-2008, 02:06 PM
Oh, and a statement from the Prime Minister -

"Yeah, it's all good"

Surely that should be "what he said!".

You know, because Britain is America's bitch... nevermind.

webbtje
02-25-2008, 02:07 PM
:eek:

Britain bashing!

Bigot army, attack!

SuperBlob
02-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Surely that should be "what he said!".

You know, because Britain is America's bitch... nevermind.
But...I don't HAVE 10000 posts, so it wouldn't apply to me :p:

And webbtje, don't worry - he's one of us :p:

InstantAXonHero
02-25-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm older than you.

Post count +1!

BrianApocalypse
02-25-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm older than you.

Post count +1!

I'm older than YOU, and I'm not a faggy scene kid.

Post count +1

Iluvpowerchords
02-25-2008, 02:48 PM
I would like to sponsor a bill to put up a fire wall along the border of the punk forum to keep them damn illegal non punkformers and avatarless annoying members from taking our bandwiths!

I would also like to sponsor a bill for warrant less IM tapping and "random" security checks to anyone trying to enter the forum (by random I mean if your hair is longer than shoulder length and your not a chick you will be beaten, water boarded, and sleep deprived until yu no longer want to post here because you are obviously a dirty baby eating metalhead.)

These are trying times we live in and we must be vigilant in our war against trolling.

Human Rights be damned.

BrianApocalypse
02-25-2008, 03:02 PM
I'd like to enslave the south of the UG forum and have them grow sugar.

Iluvpowerchords
02-25-2008, 03:08 PM
I'd like to enslave the south of the UG forum and have them grow sugar.

YEAH!

But we'll focus on cotton and tobacco.

After all, what are we gonna print our band t-shirts on?

And it has been scientifically proven that punx love smokes.

BrianApocalypse
02-25-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm a camel man, we should get some arabs, I mean, uh, sand c**ns to roll them.

Chaise Boogie
02-25-2008, 03:31 PM
I would like to sponsor a bill to put up a fire wall along the border of the punk forum to keep them damn illegal non punkformers and avatarless annoying members from taking our bandwiths!

I would also like to sponsor a bill for warrant less IM tapping and "random" security checks to anyone trying to enter the forum (by random I mean if your hair is longer than shoulder length and your not a chick you will be beaten, water boarded, and sleep deprived until yu no longer want to post here because you are obviously a dirty baby eating metalhead.)

These are trying times we live in and we must be vigilant in our war against trolling.

Human Rights be damned.

I beg to differ about having long hair. My hair is past my shoulders and black, but I am NOT a metalhead, even though I do like some metal here and there. The reason my hair is long, is I have formed a theory. If you are an excellent guitar player, your hair is, or was for a long time, long. I mean sure, it doesn't work all around, but 95% of excellent guitar players have long hair. So I assumed if I kept my hair short, then it would prevent me from being some wicked shredzzerzrez. And look at punk and ska band. Short hair=simple guitar.

axeslash
02-25-2008, 03:35 PM
I beg to differ about having long hair. My hair is past my shoulders and black, but I am NOT a metalhead, even though I do like some metal here and there. The reason my hair is long, is I have formed a theory. If you are an excellent guitar player, your hair is, or was for a long time, long. I mean sure, it doesn't work all around, but 95% of excellent guitar players have long hair. So I assumed if I kept my hair short, then it would prevent me from being some wicked shredzzerzrez. And look at punk and ska band. Short hair=simple guitar.
Chaise, your posts are always so horribly contradictory I don't even know what to do.

webbtje
02-25-2008, 03:42 PM

The exceptions of Satriani and Gilbert lead to all the other cases of your being right becoming wrong. :p:

Chaise Boogie
02-25-2008, 03:43 PM
The exceptions of Satriani and Gilbert lead to all the other cases of your being right becoming wrong. :p:

Satch HAD long hair. And what I say is TRUE, and I don't contradict anything. I am pure win and right.

Chaise Boogie
02-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Chaise, your posts are always so horribly contradictory I don't even know what to do.

Feel me up.

BrianApocalypse
02-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Yeah, you could feel mincedick up I reckon, or you could go after a man with a reasonable sized manhood like Mike2, or better, myself.

kaptink
02-25-2008, 03:47 PM

Now you mention it I'm sure I heard a Vicar saying that if Samson's hair was cut he would lose the ability to sweep pick....

Or something along those lines.

BrianApocalypse
02-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Right now my hair is past my cheeks, although I'm not punk rock enough because I like pink floyd and acid.

Probably at least 50% of the regulars on here have fairly long hair.

lagunasunrise
02-25-2008, 03:53 PM
I have fairly long hair.

I'm gonna grow it out really long and give it to caner people too.

BrianApocalypse
02-25-2008, 03:56 PM
The only long hair I hate is dreadlocks on white people. They f*cking stink.

axeslash
02-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah, you could feel mincedick up I reckon, or you could go after a man with a reasonable sized manhood like Mike2, or better, myself.
I would like to know how you know about Mike2's penis and it's size.

Iluvpowerchords
02-25-2008, 04:04 PM

Oh gawd yes.

Especially seeing as dreadlocks are a symbol of African identity and Rastafarian and hindu spirituality.

Basically, if you are white and you have dreads you are a ridiculous huchebag and I would look the other way if you were being mugged/raped.

They don't even look good.

Chaise Boogie
02-25-2008, 04:04 PM

Like the guy from Less Than Jake?

What a ****ing boner.

neidnarb11890
02-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Hooray For P0nx!!!

*-)

Iluvpowerchords
02-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Neidnarb you son of a bitch!

I wanted to be Cecil!

:peace:

opivy21
02-25-2008, 04:10 PM
*-) Dreadlocks are gross. I have shortish hair. *-)

StreetLight3989
02-25-2008, 04:15 PM
This is very true. Our punk forum is prospering and the chat great. All you punk forum regulars who don't chat, start chatting!!! It's a bucket load o' fun.

original=punk
02-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Rollins had long hair, Iluvpowerchords. :P: So shush.

And to continue the trend...*-)

neidnarb11890
02-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Neidnarb you son of a bitch!

I wanted to be Cecil!

:peace:
TOO BAD!! :mad:

I have pretty short hair. I had long hair back in when I was a freshman. Then I got it cut. Having long hair was neat for a while, but I like short hair better. It's easier to take care of.

StreetLight3989
02-25-2008, 04:19 PM
TOO BAD!! :mad:

I have pretty short hair. I had long hair back in when I was a freshman. Then I got it cut. Having long hair was neat for a while, but I like short hair better. It's easier to take care of.
Also it doesn't get in your eyes. Hair in your eyes=no fun.

DanRev
02-25-2008, 04:23 PM
I have short hair. I normally shave it very short though.

Iluvpowerchords
02-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Rollins had long hair, Iluvpowerchords. :P: So shush.

Dude, it was the 80's.

Give him a break.

But really guise.

I was trying to take the Islamo-phobic racial profiling thing and apply it to UG in an amusing way.

I'm not really opposed to long haired punk forum members.

SuperBlob
02-25-2008, 04:38 PM
I have longish ha--oh bugger, he's already said about his post being a joke. :sad:

Chaise Boogie
02-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Dude, it was the 80's.

Give him a break.

But really guise.

I was trying to take the Islamo-phobic racial profiling thing and apply it to UG in an amusing way.

I'm not really opposed to long haired punk forum members.

Good...

Joe-Fish
02-25-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm glad the chat is going well. I honestly thought it would die within the first month. Maybe someday we'll be bigger than #UG.

lolmnt
02-25-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm glad the chat is going well. I honestly thought it would die within the first month. Maybe someday we'll be bigger than #UG.It's already better

mike2
02-25-2008, 05:42 PM

you make me blush mat...oh how you make me feel young again...

I would like to know how you know about Mike2's penis and it's size.

do you really want to know....do you?

crustyreed
02-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Oh gawd yes.

Basically, if you are white and you have dreads you are a ridiculous huchebag and I would look the other way if you were being mugged/raped.

They don't even look good.

dreadlock part of this thread brought excellent Lulz.
I am also a fan of short hair. Reduces my odor output, can go for longer without showering.
this UG chat is interesting, perhaps i will have to make an effort to download the cup with arrows around it, Java they call it. Then i can regale you all with stories of how bad some of my (caucasian) friends dreadlocks are.

sargasm what do you plan to do about the the constant Rise Against threads? Will one be Stickied, like you did in the days of olden and green day threads?

mike2
02-25-2008, 06:07 PM
^I think you mean sargasm.

lolmnt
02-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Rise Against threads attract huchebags

crustyreed
02-25-2008, 06:15 PM
^I think you mean sargasm.

thankyou. i am extremely tired

mike2
02-25-2008, 06:18 PM
thankyou. i am extremely tired

us chicagoans gots to stick togetha

waterproofpie
02-25-2008, 06:22 PM
This calls for a snap in "Z" formation, grrrrrl.

axeslash
02-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Word.

InstantAXonHero
02-25-2008, 08:39 PM
I aien't a faggy scene kid, if I did I'd straighten my hair and wear skinny jeans, oh ****e.

axeslash
02-25-2008, 08:55 PM
do you really want to know....do you?
Well yeah, I mean, most of the forum's seen my p0nx penis.

Ska Wars
02-25-2008, 09:08 PM
tee hee

crustyreed
02-25-2008, 11:17 PM
I aien't a faggy scene kid, if I did I'd straighten my hair and wear skinny jeans, oh ****e.

*checks profile* Holy **** we have a ****ty scene band named 'Between the buried and me' here too!

Ska Wars
02-25-2008, 11:28 PM
I like Between the Buried And Me :(

pinheadslts75
02-26-2008, 02:19 AM
I'm gonna burst out of my UG retirement to say: Holy **** dude! Happy 10,000 posts, here's to 100,000 more *-)

lavazza
02-26-2008, 09:57 AM
Sargasm is my Forum Hero.....I meant president

BrianApocalypse
02-26-2008, 10:25 AM
Well yeah, I mean, most of the forum's seen my p0nx penis.

I haven't... although I'm sure it's a delicious morsel :liplick:

axeslash
02-26-2008, 11:42 AM
I haven't... although I'm sure it's a delicious morsel :liplick:
It's quite a bit more than a morsel. ;)

BrianApocalypse
02-26-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm sure it is, I just like the word Morsel for some reason.

In fact, I'm going to break the world record for the number of times the word "Morsel" is featured in an album when I get round to recording the fantastic Sherlock Holmes album.

Which is coming along nicely, I might add.

dannay
02-26-2008, 03:45 PM

Human Rights be damned.
give this man a medal

axeslash
02-26-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm sure it is, I just like the word Morsel for some reason.
Oh, I wasn't implying anything by your statement, I just don't say enough wink-worthy things. ;)

Ska Wars
02-26-2008, 07:44 PM
Oh, I wasn't implying anything by your statement, I just don't say enough wink-worthy things. ;)
Just add "if you know what I mean" at the end of every post. That makes everything wink-worthy!

SuperBlob
02-26-2008, 07:47 PM
Just add "if you know what I mean" at the end of every post. That makes everything wink-worthy!
If you know what I mean ;)

Yeah, it works.
If you know what I mean ;)

Sorry :sad:

anti
02-26-2008, 08:05 PM
woo de doo!

crustyreed
02-27-2008, 12:03 AM
woo de doo!

dont worry man at your rate (2000 posts per 5 years) you only have 20 years left!! We'
ll celebrate for you to!!!