how to start a band :(

PDA

View Full Version : how to start a band :(

morphine-love
02-26-2008, 01:13 PM
i come from a small school, only around 150 people, and i have always wanted to be in a band ...but the only people i know that can play anything are already in a band and it would be ackward to ask them
how do i get a band started up? when i've been trying to persuade my friend to help me and she says she would but she never does anything, shes just soooo lazy it does my head in

so any advice or ideas??

Hoodoo Child
02-26-2008, 01:15 PM
post on here, in the musician ad section :D

JvL
02-26-2008, 01:16 PM
can't you ask those friends that are already in a band... if they want to join a second band?

many of my friends play in several bands... one even in 7 bands!!!

and at first... just try to cover songs and stuff and ... slowly work on some own songs but don't over rush it!
It will come...

cam_sampbell
02-26-2008, 01:16 PM
put up adverts in your town/city/whatever

Flipaningage
02-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Make sure you all have equipment, I'm being threatened with firing cos i don't have an electric yet

bass1991guitar
02-26-2008, 01:20 PM
Choose people with similar music tastes. So you get a bit of variety but with minimal arguments. Assuming it is a starter band - don't audition people. (Decide from a distance if you get me). They may be disaponted if the have auditions for a band there are better than. Good Luck.

6DOIT
02-26-2008, 01:21 PM
ask about maybe joining this other band?

Mongoose87
02-26-2008, 01:25 PM
It really won't be a big deal to ask them to be in two bands. Most bassists are in several bands.

Hoodoo Child
02-26-2008, 01:28 PM
yeah bassists are in short supply..

morphine-love
02-26-2008, 01:29 PM
it would still be ackward....coz
1. i'm in love with the guy who does the lead vocals (thus very difficult to talk to without fainting)
2. the bassist kinda scarys me because he has mood swings
and
3. the drummer is far to lazy to be in two bands

Armagedn
02-26-2008, 02:19 PM
You are a girl, right?

Anyway, find some people that would be interested and have them just pick up the instruments. Even if they don't know how to play anything, they could still learn some simple songs and you could work your way up from there.

morphine-love
02-26-2008, 02:23 PM
You are a girl, right?

Anyway, find some people that would be interested and have them just pick up the instruments. Even if they don't know how to play anything, they could still learn some simple songs and you could work your way up from there.

yeah i am a girl :p:
but mmmmm...how to find ppl who would be interested :(

master_ofmetal
02-26-2008, 04:19 PM
You are a girl, right?

That what I tried but its going down the tubes, becuase like I explained in my thread band at a stand still. Some members might start saying yeah Ill learn and will probably never learn.

LOL I thought you were a girl just by the way you were posting at the top but thats reassuring to know other wise because I was thinking everyone was probabaly thinking.

Missingno476
02-26-2008, 06:20 PM
If the band you want to join only has one guitar and you're good enough, depending on their style they probably wouldn't mind adding a second.

Failing that, just post ads in music shops, on myspace, etc. look for bands in your area on myspace, you'd be surprised how many are trying to fill various instruments.

If you want to always have bands asking you to play, you should learn bass and get some decent equipment for it.