Practice spaces and drummers

PDA

View Full Version : Practice spaces and drummers

xXmasqueradeXx
02-26-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm in a band that has a lot of trouble practicing, we got all the stuff we need to practice but we haven't had a decent practice yet. Me and the bassist and other guitarist have jammed a bit, but the drummer can't move his stuff all over the place.

We'd love for it to be at his place but 1 of his parents works day shift and the other does night shift, so it'd just make them cranky. I've thought about saving money as a band to buy another drum set (like his) so we could keep it anywhere, but since we're poor and can't gig, we make no money. He's the only drummer in the area with the taste of music we play too!

Suggestions?

ANTHRAX†
02-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Rent a storage building?
Make the whole band go in together.
Thats what my band did...

cerveza
02-26-2008, 11:19 PM
if you guys could find the money to buy an electric set you could practice anywhere, anytime. they will never compare to an acoustic set, but for stuff like this they work great

Raizer Sabre
02-27-2008, 03:23 AM
or if you can find the money to soundproof the room in which you would want to practise, that would also work too

Aramis
02-27-2008, 03:37 AM
or if you can find the money to soundproof the room in which you would want to practise, that would also work too

And would probably work out cheapest in the long run.

punk_metal2007
02-27-2008, 03:55 AM
soundproofing wouldnt be as expenisve as a electronic drum set or another drum set also

FuzzyBear
02-27-2008, 06:33 AM
Just Rent A Practice Space, Contact Some Local Studios

SlackerBabbath
02-27-2008, 08:40 AM
Just Rent A Practice Space, Contact Some Local Studios
Agreed.
Preferably one that allows you to store gear there.

xXmasqueradeXx
02-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Our town doesn't have practice studios or anything like that. And it'd be kinda hard to soundproof it, since it's an open room (no door, a big open space) and it's on the second floor. And all the rooms on the first floor are occupied by the den, kitchen, and the entrance...no doors there either.

deAdbr@1n
02-28-2008, 01:26 AM
It all depends on where his parents normally are. If they are on one side of the house then try to just like sound proof that side of the room or insulate the flooring too. :)

Raizer Sabre
02-28-2008, 01:28 AM
there's a point, or you could try soundproofing their room so no sound gets in

SlackerBabbath
02-28-2008, 07:41 AM
Our town doesn't have practice studios or anything like that. And it'd be kinda hard to soundproof it, since it's an open room (no door, a big open space) and it's on the second floor. And all the rooms on the first floor are occupied by the den, kitchen, and the entrance...no doors there either.
Does your town have any pubs? Somewhere with maybe a function room? Industrial units? (Actualy if there are no practice studios, then there's a niche in the market, so if there are any small industrial units for rent, do yourself a favour. Hire the unit, deck it out like a practice studio, hire it out to other bands and make some money while at the same time sorting out your own practice problems)

FuzzyBear
02-28-2008, 08:09 AM
yup get an unused warehouse an make a killing renting it as practice rooms

xXmasqueradeXx
02-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Our town sucks...it's redneck suburbia. Close minded old folk everywhere. But yeah, I think I'll try finding a warehouse or something and rent it out. Thanks for all the help guys, it's appreciated.

Highbinder
02-29-2008, 02:13 AM
None of you drive? You could pull a favour with a 'rent and get them to help you move the kit, or alternatively chip in for the taxi fare and move it in one of those minicab taxis!

Raizer Sabre
02-29-2008, 02:56 AM
or maybe clear some space out of the garage if you have one and practise in there