Los Lonely Boys

PDA

View Full Version : Los Lonely Boys

SuburbanCowboy
02-27-2008, 02:24 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tjAlDEBnFQQ&feature=related

:eek:

What does everyone think of these guys? I have their first album and I dont remember it being that special. But damn, I'd love to see this shit live.

master
02-27-2008, 03:28 AM
Yeah I have their live album and it's really great. They kinda remind me of John Mayer because their studio work is very poppy and clean but they sound very gritty and bluesy live.

Carswell98
02-27-2008, 03:53 AM
I saw them on letterman a really long time ago, and the guitarist blew me away, but their studio work reeeeaaally let me down

http://youtube.com/watch?v=06YIRWYQUY0&feature=related

sre9981
02-27-2008, 02:00 PM
I have Live at the Blue Cat Blues, absolutely blew me away. I was like :shock: no way these are the guys that did that pop song Heaven. Seriously, give Onda a listen from there, blew my mind

Blurry 505
02-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Onda is awesome^

But I agree, studio albums i really odnt like much other than its Texican pop-blues-rock standard stuff. But I have their live DVD and oh man, i cant believe it.

Incredible stuff live. I actually got to see them open for Santana/play with him on the encore. Henry Garza (guitarist) is one of Santana's biggest fans, as you can tell by some of his playing.

Awesome stuff!

EDIT: Their harmonizing too is just insane. Total respect for that from me. And Henry is yet another famous blues guitarist that knows NO theory at all. (Read that in one of the GuitarPlayer magazines I have)

dickenscpa
02-28-2008, 01:35 PM
On their debut album, if you put the CD into your 'puter it has a live jam on it. Everyone may already know that. If so I'm sorry. It's a really good jam and the bass player spreads out a bit more. They're in a little place like a club or something and the sound could be better and Henry's tone could be better, but good none the less.

GD_GC
02-28-2008, 03:58 PM
HOLY SHIT. I've never given them much of a listen until now. I am absoltuley blown away, what a great sound these guys have! I am deffinently going to make an effort to see them next time they come to town here, wow. Who would have known that they are a blues band, all I've ever heard by them is that "Heaven" song. But wow, amazing!

imgooley
02-28-2008, 04:12 PM
I only saw the Crossroads stuff of theirs. Can someone describe their sound a bit better because I kinda skipped through their set.

Carswell98
02-28-2008, 04:43 PM
^It's like if Santana fused with SRV

Blurry 505
02-28-2008, 07:05 PM
^ Thats the perfect description. Santana fused with SRV, and harmonization bordering Eagles impressiveness