LoC question.....

PDA

View Full Version : LoC question.....

lavazza
02-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Last week I read some blogs on the LoC myspace......there they said they cannot tour through Canada because they mustn´t come to the country as a whole band.....

Is there any political or legal reason for this?

BrianApocalypse
02-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Simply put, the powers that be in Canada doesn't want their scum around.

And who can blame them?

Adam_Harrison9
02-27-2008, 11:29 AM
Because they have a history of illegality. Canada are very strict on border policy and therefore there is little chance, someone who has been involved with the law for a thing such as drugs, can get over the border.

Brian, have you ever come across any of the Leftover Crack members? They're pretty chilled. Yeha, Stza is more than a bit wired but the rest are really chilled.

BrianApocalypse
02-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Oh really? Okay, I've got their number, so I'll phone them up and we'll hang out.

I was just a bit tentative, because their awful music dictates that the bands' personality is quite different.

Personally, I like music that represents the author's personality, because it makes it seem more real and heartfelt, and strengthens the idea of artistic expression.

axeslash
02-27-2008, 12:08 PM
I say we ask our resident Canadian and President about this issue.

Or O=P. Whichever comes first.

sargasm
02-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Um, yeah.

Lots of bands can't tour Canada because the bordergaurds are dicks.

axeslash
02-27-2008, 12:14 PM
The President has spoken.

JesusOfSbrbia
02-27-2008, 04:05 PM
**** da border!!!!!!!!1

Ska Wars
02-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Psh, because Canada isn't real; it's just a myth! Just like the lochness monster or funny NOFX songs.

original=punk
02-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Psh, because Canada isn't real; it's just a myth! Just like the lochness monster or funny NOFX songs.

Don't you get it?!? If you die in Canada, YOU DIE IN REAL LIFE!

And contrary to what people are saying aboot Canada, Windsor's border is pretty lax. It's the american one I'm afraid of.

But yeah, they aren't allowed to cross cause certain members have police records, and our Conservative government doesn't like that.

lolmnt
02-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Psh, because Canada isn't real; it's just a myth! Just like the lochness monster or funny NOFX songs.:haha

waterproofpie
02-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Another reason why I love Canada.

gopherthegreat
02-27-2008, 07:39 PM
Don't you get it?!? If you die in Canada, YOU DIE IN REAL LIFE!

And contrary to what people are saying aboot Canada, Windsor's border is pretty lax. It's the american one I'm afraid of.

But yeah, they aren't allowed to cross cause certain members have police records, and our Conservative government doesn't like that.
teehee

dannay
02-27-2008, 08:39 PM
its because our ****ing border guards suck penis for a living

waterproofpie
02-27-2008, 08:43 PM
its because our ****ing border guards suck penis for a living

I don't know about you, but any country free of idiots like LOC is one I'd love to call my home

lolmnt
02-27-2008, 08:47 PM
its because our ****ing border guards suck penis for a livingI thought their job was to protect and secure the border :confused: :confused: :confused:

JesusOfSbrbia
02-27-2008, 09:04 PM
little known fact: "border guard" is Canadian slang for one who gets paid to suck penis.

original=punk
02-27-2008, 09:27 PM
little known fact: "border guard" is Canadian slang for one who gets paid to suck penis.

:haha that is so becoming a song name or slang around here.

and yes, I do say aboot, and my band's bass player has a very Newfoundlander-ish accent too. (A newfoundlander accent is the stereotypical canadian one, liek Bob and Doug Mckenzie)

axeslash
02-27-2008, 09:32 PM
I don't know about you, but any country free of idiots like LOC is one I'd love to call my home
You make me sad waterproofpie. You really do.

waterproofpie
02-27-2008, 10:04 PM
You make me sad waterproofpie. You really do.

I used to be a huge fanboy of them, then they came here and acted like totaly rock stars. On top of that, their music is below par.

recklessnick
02-28-2008, 04:24 AM
what aboot the good, the bad and the leftover crack?

Adam_Harrison9
02-28-2008, 08:10 AM
I used to be a huge fanboy of them, then they came here and acted like totaly rock stars. On top of that, their music is below par.

I think their music is ok. Not the best, certainly not the worst.

recklessnick
02-28-2008, 08:50 AM
i think they're music is good so was choking victim's. but i always heard stza was a big asshole. i saw a video of him beating a fan after the fan came up and stage and attempted to put his arm around stza and sing along with him

crustyreed
02-28-2008, 09:32 AM
^^ Dude, dont touch me man, ****ing cops touch people! are you a cop?

what an idiot. His interview in MRR, was okay and then someone asked him about the prison system. COMPLETE shrug off, i mean COMPLETE.

music isnt that bad. But i usually hear hes an asshole more than 'Ya stza nice fellow!''

BrianApocalypse
02-28-2008, 11:09 AM
teehee

:haha

:)

Mav-16
02-28-2008, 04:16 PM
the reason why is because members of Leftover Crack (including STza i believe) were caught shoplifting and had drug charges.

I wouldn't want them in my country

they are truly a bunch of losers. the reason why punk is looked down so much. the attitude of this band is: "
Life sucks, everyone sucks except for me, smoke crack shoot heroin and buy my records"

BrianApocalypse
02-28-2008, 04:41 PM
You shouldn't do crack OR heroin.

Pot and LSD, however, is a different story. With the former, you can really chill out and be able to hear music perfectly. With the latter, you can see how shapes and colours exist, and can understand gold.

With both, you can acquire kitten powers. Anyone got any kitten powers? Share them?

Mav-16
02-28-2008, 05:03 PM
You shouldn't do crack OR heroin.

Pot and LSD, however, is a different story. With the former, you can really chill out and be able to hear music perfectly. With the latter, you can see how shapes and colours exist, and can understand gold.

With both, you can acquire kitten powers. Anyone got any kitten powers? Share them?

+1 to that

but I haven't done LSD, i've always wanted to

but i did talk to a green baby when I was on mushrooms once

BrianApocalypse
02-28-2008, 05:13 PM
I've not tried shrooms.

I've been trying to find some acid cause I want to do it again so bad, but no avail, it's like Gold Dust.

Well, Liquid Gold! ;)

Mav-16
02-28-2008, 05:16 PM
I've not tried shrooms.

I've been trying to find some acid cause I want to do it again so bad, but no avail, it's like Gold Dust.

Well, Liquid Gold! ;)

from what I've heard LSD is not too hard to make

BrianApocalypse
02-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I knew I should've done chemistry.

Why didn't I listen to my dad, who wanted me to be a clone of himself. WHY?!?!

Mav-16
02-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Yeah, I knew I should've done chemistry.

Why didn't I listen to my dad, who wanted me to be a clone of himself. WHY?!?!

tisk tisk

ya should have just listened to your dad

BrianApocalypse
02-28-2008, 05:42 PM
If I'd done chemistry I would be rich by now, because everyone wants LSD, although to a less degree than I do, and I could have really sold off LSD cubes for stupidly cheap, but still made tons of profit.

Mav-16
02-28-2008, 05:47 PM
If I'd done chemistry I would be rich by now, because everyone wants LSD, although to a less degree than I do, and I could have really sold off LSD cubes for stupidly cheap, but still made tons of profit.

that's because Lsd, you can make a SHHHHIT load without barely spending any money.

DanRev
02-28-2008, 05:56 PM
You can make LSD easily?

Imma get me one of those "my first chemistry set" thingies.

axeslash
02-28-2008, 06:06 PM
I've not tried shrooms.

Well, Liquid Gold! ;)
In Oregon shrroms are ****ing everywhere.

BrianApocalypse
02-28-2008, 06:11 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Practical-LSD-Manufacture-Uncle-Fester/dp/1559501618/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1204236468&sr=8-2

Want to make high-grade LSD?? Like it says in the book, if you have not got a degree in biochemistry then this will go over your head.

Seriously, had I done what I was told, I would have done biochemistry.

I am gutted.

You'd have no chance synthesising it without some knowledge of what you were doing.

original=punk
02-28-2008, 09:23 PM
+1 to that

but I haven't done LSD, i've always wanted to

but i did talk to a green baby when I was on mushrooms once

According to my good buddy, you don't see **** on shrooms unless you're really f*cking messed up. So either you're full of ****, or you have some potent **** where you live.

Shrooms are probably the only drug I'd use regularly, but i dunno cause I haven't done them yet.

BrianApocalypse
02-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Are shrooms physically addictive?

original=punk
02-28-2008, 11:14 PM

As far as I know right now, no. I'll check and then tell you.

EDIT: http://www.usdoj.gov/ndic/pubs6/6038/index.htm

The verdict's in, it's a no. Shrooms are not addictive.

waterproofpie
02-28-2008, 11:20 PM

when I read this, I immediately thought of that scene in Walk Hard.

You know..

Greenfinger182
02-28-2008, 11:29 PM
i think they're music is good so was choking victim's. but i always heard stza was a big asshole. i saw a video of him beating a fan after the fan came up and stage and attempted to put his arm around stza and sing along with him
lol http://youtube.com/watch?v=F1Bcc7CIK-4

At least he apologizes...sort of haha.

axeslash
02-28-2008, 11:31 PM
when I read this, I immediately thought of that scene in Walk Hard.

You know..
Yes I do.

*rips out every sink*

original=punk
02-28-2008, 11:33 PM
This song is about Dead Cops! One...or....more....

Greenfinger182
02-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Haha. Gotta love it. It wasn't even like he had to say anything, they had already started the damn song.

Blame it on the drugs/alcohol and a questionable base of political knowledge.

original=punk
02-28-2008, 11:40 PM
He doesn't know politics, jhe knows the streets, he knows what he's lived.
That's why he says that stuff.

Oh, and kids who think he's a dick for punchign the guy? Here's a bit of advice: don't grab crack addicts from behind. Stza's clearly drugged up at that show, so I blame the crack.

Greenfinger182
02-29-2008, 12:25 AM
I always do a little skit if there's anyone in my car when I play their albums. They'll ask who it is, and I'll tell them the band doesn't exist. It'll go on for 5 minutes of questioning, and I always end it with "Bitch, you know there ain't no such thing as Leftover Crack."

It's fucking lame but it's like a ritual now.

original=punk
02-29-2008, 12:26 AM
lmfao.

recklessnick
02-29-2008, 02:37 AM
i dont like the fact that they are prejudice against cops. not all cops are bad, its like saying all african americans are bad. some cops jsut want to protect people and stuff you know? so being a racist is like being a cop-ist. even if some cops are corrupted, doesnt mean all cops must be pigeonholed to be abusive towards punx and skaters.

original=punk
02-29-2008, 02:47 AM
I know someone who wants to be a cop. I don't wanna "kill cops" I wanna limit their abilities, if anything.

Just cuz you like the band doesn't mean you have to agree with every little thing.

sargasm
02-29-2008, 03:01 AM
There might have been a legitimate reason to have stopped LOC at the border, but that's not an isolated incident. I've heard LOTS of stories about punks getting shit at the border. There was one band, I think it was Tsunami Bomb, who couldn't cross because they had anarchist literature in their van.

original=punk
02-29-2008, 03:03 AM
I thought someone said that aboot Mitch Clem

Adam_Harrison9
02-29-2008, 09:30 AM
They dislike cops because of what they stand for, and that is protecting the government from real scrutiny from the people. Like most anarchists, I believe that to be their reason anyway.

recklessnick
02-29-2008, 09:35 AM
^no, not all cops are corrupt. some cops just want to protect the innocent, you cant deny that. not all cops abuse their power and shoot, kill and rape innocent people like what they said in their songs. and cops arent protecting the government, they are protecting the people. but im not dismissing the fact that percentage (or majority) of cops are abusive and abuse their powers against people whose image are against the norm like punks and skaters.
but with that being said, it IS a fact that there is a large percentage of criminals who are blacks, but no one is saying blacks stand for crime and disorder because its only right not to pigeonhole people for what they do or what they look like

lavazza
02-29-2008, 09:43 AM
I agree with you nick about the cops-thing, but I think cop is a job that shows a certain attractiveness for people with a strict and unflexible thinking about law and order, they not necessarily question what they are doing in every case, and I think back in the 80s there was a time when punks could chose by whom they wanted to be beaten up, either nazis or cops

mike2
02-29-2008, 11:11 AM
**** tha police.

Greenfinger182
02-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Do most of you really take their message to heart? I've always seen "killing cops" as a form of protest of the government, but at a local level. That's why I always liked them. There are so many groups I've listened to that preach destroying the government, but never tell you how to do it or where to start. It always seemed to me that LoC was saying start at the local level, something normal citizens can actually do.

That's just me though. Stza seems shallow enough, maybe he really does just want to literally physically kill police. I figured he was just trying to get people aware of what cops did. It's directed towards the police force as a whole, and how much freedom they have, not toward every individual cop.

I could be completely wrong.

neidnarb11890
02-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Stza just sings about killing cops so he can be cool like Blake Schwarzenbach. :p:

original=punk
02-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Stza just sings about killing cops so he can be cool like Blake Schwarzenbach. :p:

does he read Kerouac?

Ska Wars
02-29-2008, 05:04 PM
My dad used to be a state trooper, but for the most part he stayed on the highway and dealt with speeders and drunk drivers and all that jazz. That being said, I'm still not too big a fan of cops, just because of the few I've dealt with through skating.

devourthekitten
02-29-2008, 06:18 PM
questionable base of political knowledge.
Yeah, it seems to me (from what I've heard) that he knows what he's talking about, but only to a certain extent. He didn't go to college, I'm sure...?

Greenfinger182
02-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Yeah, it seems to me (from what I've heard) that he knows what he's talking about, but only to a certain extent. He didn't go to college, I'm sure...?
Er...I'm not sure if he did, but I sure as hell wouldn't base his knowledge of politics on that. I've known enough clueless college graduates.

does he read Kerouac?
Haha. Boxcar is my most-played song from Jawbreaker...and what do you know, he mentions both ;)

devourthekitten
02-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Er...I'm not sure if he did, but I sure as hell wouldn't base his knowledge of politics on that. I've known enough clueless college graduates.

Haha. Boxcar is my most-played song from Jawbreaker...and what do you know, he mentions both ;)
Well, I'm just asking, because if he has some degree of political science versus if he was just a college dropout, I'd trust what he says a bit more...Of course, I haven't heard much of what he has to say, just lyrics.

axeslash
02-29-2008, 06:55 PM
\I've always seen "killing cops" as a form of protest of the government, but at a local level.
Despite my dislike of the police, I find that sentence to be highly disturbing.

Greenfinger182
02-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Well, I'm just asking, because if he has some degree of political science versus if he was just a college dropout, I'd trust what he says a bit more...Of course, I haven't heard much of what he has to say, just lyrics.
Like original=punk said on the last page, the guy just really knows the streets more than anything. I believe he grew up in the inner city New York, so most of what he talks about relates to injustices and scandals he's seen in his life, most of which, not surprisingly, relate to cops. Gotta love those police states.

He's probably got a lot more right to bash cops than most of the punk groups out there now, but as far as his political knowledge goes...one can only guess. I wouldn't call him a college-dropout...more like a....high school graduate haha. I doubt he ever attended a college.Despite my dislike of the police, I find that sentence to be highly disturbing.
Haha. Did you read the entire thing? I honestly don't know, but killing cops seems like more of a phrase that's symbolic towards destroying local institutions with too much power, rather than the actual physical act.

devourthekitten
02-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Despite my dislike of the police, I find that sentence to be highly disturbing.
Me too.

Punx&Skunx
02-29-2008, 07:04 PM
According to my good buddy, you don't see **** on shrooms unless you're really f*cking messed up. So either you're full of ****, or you have some potent **** where you live.

People react differently to different drugs. Just cause your buddy didnt see stuff doesnt mean people dont see stuff... Chances are your buddy took the wrong amount or has some kind of tolerance...

devourthekitten
02-29-2008, 07:08 PM
People react differently to different drugs. Just cause your buddy didnt see stuff doesnt mean people dont see stuff... Chances are your buddy took the wrong amount or has some kind of tolerance...
Chances are, apostrophes actually exist! :eek:

Punx&Skunx
02-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Chances are, apostrophes actually exist! :eek:

Well i'll be damned...

In regards to Stza and school heres what his myspace says:

sturg's Schools
City-As-School
New York, NY
Graduated: N/A
Student status: Alumni
1992 to 1993

Bayard Rustin Hs - Humanities
New York, NY
Student status: Alumni
1990 to 1992

Bronx Hs Of Sci
Bronx, NY
1989 to 1990

axeslash
02-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Haha. Did you read the entire thing? I honestly don't know, but killing cops seems like more of a phrase that's symbolic towards destroying local institutions with too much power, rather than the actual physical act.
As I said, I found that particular phrase disturbing. It distresses me because I know people who believe that literally.

crustyreed
02-29-2008, 07:19 PM
that schooling thing makes no sense to me.

Greenfinger182
02-29-2008, 08:09 PM
The schooling thing makes it look as though he's had 4 years cumulatively, but never officially graduated. Looks like it was mainly in sciences, so I guess that explains his atheism. Or maybe he just hates people with religion. Or maybe he just hates religion. Who knows.

Punx&Skunx
02-29-2008, 10:10 PM
that schooling thing makes no sense to me.

Yeah same here, but i thought i'd share it anyway...

recklessnick
02-29-2008, 11:35 PM
but not all bands say kill cops when they are against the government
is it right to say kill all the muslims if im against terrorism?
not all cops are corrupt

Greenfinger182
03-01-2008, 12:07 AM
I honestly don't know, but killing cops seems like more of a phrase that's symbolic towards destroying local institutions with too much power, rather than the actual physical act.

original=punk
03-01-2008, 12:10 PM

Except, ALSO, according to all the information out there, shrooms do NOT make you hallucinate in that manner. The closet to an LSD type hallucination is HEARING things. You see colours, but they are solid colour changes, not swirling.

lavazza
03-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Except, ALSO, according to all the information out there, shrooms do NOT make you hallucinate in that manner. The closet to an LSD type hallucination is HEARING things. You see colours, but they are solid colour changes, not swirling.

you´re 16.......are you a Sid Vicious fan?

original=punk
03-01-2008, 01:02 PM
you´re 16.......are you a Sid Vicious fan?

I've been on this forum for...how long? No, I'm not.

This question confuzzles me.

Punx&Skunx
03-01-2008, 02:07 PM

Thats not true at all. I'm speaking from experience. It is definitely a different trip but in comparison to my trips on LSD there are a lot closer things than just hearing.

IlikeTheSKA
03-01-2008, 02:41 PM

Shut it.

I must have done mushrooms at least 20 times. Things can get pretty crazy. You don't just see "solid color changes", it is much more intense than that.

I've also done acid several times. I'm an experienced astronaut.

BrianApocalypse
03-01-2008, 02:45 PM
You lucky bastard. I've only done acid once and it probably wasn't even acid.

But boy, was it good.

Surprisingly, I didn't see kittens.

IlikeTheSKA
03-01-2008, 02:49 PM

But boy, was it good.

They were both really easy to get around here, so I took advantage of it, which got a little expensive.

crustyreed
03-01-2008, 03:05 PM

But boy, was it good.

i could have acid, cocaine, LSD, shrooms and some weed at my house withing 45 minutes.
Not sure about herion though.

original=punk
03-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Shut it.

I must have done mushrooms at least 20 times. Things can get pretty crazy. You don't just see "solid color changes", it is much more intense than that.

I've also done acid several times. I'm an experienced astronaut.

I was merely comparing one aspect that they both share, colour changes, and saying even then, they are different.

IlikeTheSKA
03-01-2008, 05:57 PM
I was merely comparing one aspect that they both share, colour changes, and saying even then, they are different.

I wanted to talk about this.

I've had heavy experiences on just 1/16 of an ounce on more than one occasion.

lavazza
03-01-2008, 06:07 PM

But boy, was it good.

I have a déja vu......didn´t you write exactly this comment some months ago?

original=punk
03-01-2008, 06:09 PM

Well then I think you have good stuff and my buddy gets crap stuff.

axeslash
03-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Well then I think you have good stuff and my buddy gets crap stuff.
It's just like when kids from California come to Oregon. They are always surprised at the quality of the Mary Jane sold here.

That being said, I hear the foreign stuff is even better. But then again, everyone says "stuff is better over here and over there."

Drugs are surprisingly complicated.

original=punk
03-01-2008, 07:20 PM
But really, I don't care if my shrooms over here are weak or not, It just sounds like the most fun experience I've ever had explained to me.

axeslash
03-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Shrooms are one of those things in life best experienced by people who stay calm in extreme situations. If you can't keep it together shrooms will **** you up, and you will not like it.

original=punk
03-01-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm pretty good with that, onyl time I break down is when I feel worthless, and that's when I talk. So if i'm quiet I should be all good.

Day-um Punk/ska gets off topic easily.

axeslash
03-01-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm pretty good with that, onyl time I break down is when I feel worthless, and that's when I talk. So if i'm quiet I should be all good.
Don't do shrooms. Trust me.

CFH82
03-01-2008, 10:59 PM
I don't know why, but I'm indirectly related to Ara :D!

/bragginess

Greenfinger182
03-02-2008, 12:03 AM
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=764102

Can we stay on LOC here? haha

Mav-16
03-02-2008, 04:20 AM
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=764102

Can we stay on LOC here? haha

yeah well leftover crack and drugs OVIOUSLY go in common

lavazza
03-02-2008, 09:15 AM
yeah well leftover crack and drugs OVIOUSLY go in common

that should be underlined by the next person....Oh and I´m the thread starter I can write about whatevery I want

BrianApocalypse
03-02-2008, 12:48 PM
I have a déja vu......didn´t you write exactly this comment some months ago?

Possibly, trying to get hold of L is one of my obsessions.

Punx&Skunx
03-03-2008, 12:38 PM

Most people I know need at least an 8th of shrooms to experience anything more than a body high. And i'm not just talking about my hometown, i've talked to people about their best shrooming experiences which range from places like Cali to Amsterdam.

Mav-16
03-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Most people I know need at least an 8th of shrooms to experience anything more than a body high. And i'm not just talking about my hometown, i've talked to people about their best shrooming experiences which range from places like Cali to Amsterdam.

yeah first time I did shrooms i took about a half eight, it was fun......

but not as fun as taking an 8th... or more.