Does anybody on UG like the band ARGENT?

PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody on UG like the band ARGENT?

Crimson Ghost
02-27-2008, 09:30 PM
I've never met anyone who listened to them,
I'm a huge fan and think they're an incredible classic rock band. Much of their music was far ahead of their time.
To anybody who hasn't heard of them and wants to, check out
God Gave Rock n Roll to You, Losing Hold, Shine on Sunshine, Circus, Liar, Lonely Hard Road, or The Feeling is Inside
Great Band

Travlembo
02-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Isn't "Hold Your Head Up" Argent? If so, then yeah I know them, and they make pretty cool music. Nothing revolutionary in my opinion, but still pretty cool.

Crimson Ghost
02-28-2008, 12:19 AM
Isn't "Hold Your Head Up" Argent? If so, then yeah I know them, and they make pretty cool music. Nothing revolutionary in my opinion, but still pretty cool.

ye, thats them. Thats gotta be the most generic song by them, thats one of my least favorites, haha

ufossuck
02-28-2008, 02:10 AM
I don't understand why people say "ahead of its time" as if it were a good thing. The 60's and 70's were the best era of music and what has come since, for the most part has been terrible.

On topic, Argent had their moments, but I definitely prefer The Zombies.

aprescott_27
02-28-2008, 03:04 AM
Yeah, the only one I've heard is "Hold Your Head Up." I was hooked on it for a little while, but I've gotten tired of it. I'll check out those songs though sometime.

Crimson Ghost
02-28-2008, 03:43 AM
I don't understand why people say "ahead of its time" as if it were a good thing. The 60's and 70's were the best era of music and what has come since, for the most part has been terrible.

On topic, Argent had their moments, but I definitely prefer The Zombies.

by saying ahead of their time, im implying that they had music that was far different than anything else in the 60's and 70's (which i agree was an amazing time for music)
If you listen to the whole Circus album, the originality, technicality, and focus is very evident. Some effects on there seem like something bands from Blue Oyster Cult to the Missing Persons to the cure would attempt to mimic later on

big geordie
02-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Not an obsessive fan but still sound good imo