Bands I'd Like

PDA

View Full Version : Bands I'd Like

deathreaper50
02-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Hey guys i just wanted to know what other bands id like so sofar i listen to Aiden Alesana Greenday ThreeDaysGrace Catherine BreakingBenjamin AFI DropDeadGorgeous
FallOutBoy Godsmack HIM Ramones a SkylitDrive PapaRoach Powerman5000 Underoath TheUsed WakingTheCadaver Yellowcard RiseAgainst ISetMyFriendsOnFire And The Misfits

StreetLight3989
02-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Hmmm, most of those bands aren't really punk. You might like some pop punk like Screeching Weasel and The Queers.

lolmnt
02-27-2008, 09:58 PM
*prepares for shenanigans*

neidnarb11890
02-27-2008, 10:00 PM
The Casualties
The Exploited
Cheap Sex
Virus
Leftover Crack

Ya know, tr00 p0nx stuff.

Iluvpowerchords
02-27-2008, 10:01 PM
http://www.astro.ubc.ca/~jonben/images/blog/shenanigans.jpg

Shenanigans!!!!11

Everybody grab a broom!

IlikeTheSKA
02-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Back
under
your
bridge

Troll.

devourthekitten
02-27-2008, 10:49 PM
You might like:
Aiden Alesana Greenday ThreeDaysGrace Catherine BreakingBenjamin AFI DropDeadGorgeous
FallOutBoy Godsmack HIM Ramones a SkylitDrive PapaRoach Powerman5000 Underoath TheUsed WakingTheCadaver Yellowcard RiseAgainst ISetMyFriendsOnFire And The Misfits

Honestly, though, you'd be best off listening only to Ray Charles. He's grind-esque punk, and he says Waking the Cadaver are his biggest influence.

In all seriousness, however, Good Charlotte are great.

But for rizzle this time, you really should listen to Screeching Weasel and The Queers, like Streetlight said. They own fo shizzle.

JesusOfSbrbia
02-28-2008, 01:18 AM
The pop punk & emo forum can most likely help you better with this question...

axeslash
02-28-2008, 01:37 AM
I'd say the huchebag and fail forum could help him better with this question.

sargasm
02-28-2008, 01:53 AM
Well...

You like The Ramones and that's a start I suppose.

I could reccomend about a bajillion bands you'd probably like but I'm tired of doing that. Just browse this forum, and look up all the bands that people are mentioning. You'll find a lot of cool stuff.

Honestly, none of those bands are punk except The Ramones (good) The Misfits (bad) and AFI (not punk anymore, but still good)

So yeah, just browse the forum. Here's a few to tide you over: Jawbreaker, The Queers, Dead Milkmen

recklessnick
02-28-2008, 04:22 AM
i doubt punk rock is the right thing for you really.
but if you really insist on wanting to listen to punk rock.
then uh... listen to saetia, comeback kid, bane, converge, the unseen

Adam_Harrison9
02-28-2008, 08:06 AM
Anything on MTV probably.

kaptink
02-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Do you have the old AFI stuff?

lavazza
02-28-2008, 10:47 AM
The pop punk & emo forum can most likely help you better with this question...

+1

BrianApocalypse
02-28-2008, 11:07 AM
I recommend the dead kennedys, tiger army, rancid and rise against.

mike2
02-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Hey guys i just wanted to know what other bands id like so sofar i listen to Aiden Alesana Greenday ThreeDaysGrace Catherine BreakingBenjamin AFI DropDeadGorgeous

i recommend you learn how to put spaces in between names of bands...

RockThe40oz
02-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Hooray for the punk forum coming together to form one super huge douche bag as usual!

Seriously, guys... maybe he's just trying to get into punk and listed bands that he likes so you'd know what some good transition bands would be...

Even though Brian was most likely being facetious, bands like Rancid and Dead Kennedys are probably good bands for you to start with..

StreetLight3989
02-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Hooray for the punk forum coming together to form one super huge douche bag as usual!

Seriously, guys... maybe he's just trying to get into punk and listed bands that he likes so you'd know what some good transition bands would be...

Even though Brian was most likely being facetious, bands like Rancid and Dead Kennedys are probably good bands for you to start with..
I wasn't being a super douchebag :sad:.

Chaise Boogie
02-29-2008, 04:09 PM
I Set My Friends On Fire have tons of talent and are pretty unique, but god damn are they trendy.

dannay
02-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Skrewdriver

i dont like them, but you never know, it might be your thing.

anti
03-01-2008, 03:43 AM
I'd say punk is not your thing, you may think it is, it's not. I would recommend skipping the whole punk phase and going to straight to liking new wave, post-punk, and other better genres.

sargasm
03-01-2008, 04:18 AM
Am I lame if I went punk - new wave - post punk - back to punk again?

My new wave phase lasted like two years, and I got bored.

anti
03-01-2008, 05:15 AM
i went from punk, post punk, new wave, post-rock, indie, to experimental. I will always like what I have liked in the past, it's usually just a easy way of saying what i listen to the most at the period of time. I like most music if it's original, not too manufactured, and doesn't have fake country accents.

lavazza
03-01-2008, 06:44 AM
Am I lame if I went punk - new wave - post punk - back to punk again?

My new wave phase lasted like two years, and I got bored.

My new Wave phase lasted two mintes then I fell asleep and didnīt touh the talking heads again.......but seriously back to punk is always an evolutionary step forward

crustyreed
03-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Drop Dead

that is your answer sir. A nice fusion of hardcore and powerviolence.

StreetLight3989
03-01-2008, 02:39 PM
I went Punk-Post-Punk and New Wave(Same time)-Indie-Emo. I still love every genre that I've gone through a phase with though. Some of my phases were shorter than others though.

CowsWithGuns
03-01-2008, 04:21 PM
The Wiggles, The Pussycat Dolls, this badass mofo by the name of Raffi and The Bouncing Souls.

Seriously though, The Bouncing Souls.

MadMetalManiac
03-01-2008, 06:11 PM

Out of your list only 2 bands diserve to be on this punk forum and that is the The

Ramones and The misfits

as for the rest :no:

:rolleyes:

BrianApocalypse
03-02-2008, 12:57 PM

Brian? Faceteous? Never! :no:

I was being quite serious and downbeat, Rancid would make a good transition, and the Dead Kennedys are a great band for punks jnr. to get into.

BrianApocalypse
03-02-2008, 12:59 PM
The Wiggles, The Pussycat Dolls, this badass mofo by the name of Raffi and The Bouncing Souls.

Seriously though, The Bouncing Souls.

+1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB4MNu6W9sg

lessthan22fish
03-04-2008, 12:26 AM
check out Rehasher, All, and I fourth (I think its been four) the Dead Kennedys. And this is a longshot and im not quite sure they belong here but try Goldfinger.