Tone

PDA

View Full Version : Tone

woodenbandman
02-27-2008, 10:34 PM
Who in here is paranoid about their tone? My guitarist is pissed off, because, five minutes before the day before the show ends (wrap your head around that), he starts getting all pissy about how his tone sounds like ****. I heard it, and it sounded just fine to me, and everyone in the house, but he says that it sounds **** through the monitors or something like that, and he's practically flat out refusing to do the show. The show's tomorrow, and I really want a good performance. What do I do?

Also, drummerman and guitarist want to get drunk. Kick their asses? Or only kick their asses if they show up drunk? They're freshmen in highschool, by the way.

Hidde
02-27-2008, 10:38 PM
I am paranoid about my tone. Tell them to shut the **** up about booze, it's not fair to the rest of the band.

Dvnc
02-27-2008, 10:39 PM
i'd make sure the other guys are sober until after the show. As for the guitarist, tell him to suck it up, because you and the whole band thought his tone was fine. What genre are you playing, if i may ask?

metalscott76
02-27-2008, 10:40 PM
im like that with my sound dont let drummer drink and only kick the guitarists ass if he messes up

JLT73
02-28-2008, 09:04 AM
I'm anal about my tone, but I have it set up already, I just adjust it a tiny bit for every place we play.

yeah drinking is cool and ****, but don't ruin a show by being drunk. its very unprofessional and it will follow you around if you suck ass and want to play another gig.

dullsilver_mike
02-28-2008, 09:30 AM
Sounds like he's nervous to me, be positive and don't get him any more stressed out. Also, being drunk=/= good playing, with a drunk drummer the band won't be tight, with a drunk guitarist some of the most noticible parts of your music will get sloppy and/or be full of outright mistakes. Tell them they're going to sound like **** if they are trashed.

SlackerBabbath
02-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Design a poster with their photo's on it that says 'Gig canceled due to guitarists inability to play with a slightly different sound to what he's used to coming out of the monitors and his and the drummers inability to play sober.'
Show it to them and threaten to get it copied and posted up all over the place unless they grow the hell up.

AlmostLikeLife
02-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Design a poster with their photo's on it that says 'Gig canceled due to guitarists inability to play with a slightly different sound to what he's used to coming out of the monitors and his and the drummers inability to play sober.'
Show it to them and threaten to get it copied and posted up all over the place unless they grow the hell up.

+1 for greatness.

Just tell the drummer and guitarist that, despite what they might have heard, being drunk during a show doesn't make it any better.

SlackerBabbath
02-28-2008, 01:21 PM
+1 for greatness.

Just tell the drummer and guitarist that, despite what they might have heard, being drunk during a show doesn't make it any better.
:cheers:

Well, it does kinda make it better, but only for them. It makes it worse for the audience and much worse for them when they eventualy sober up and everyone else tells them how much they sucked.