The Clash: Revolution Rock

PDA

View Full Version : The Clash: Revolution Rock

streetlight7
03-02-2008, 12:30 PM
I saw the new Clash movie Revolution Rock on a public access channel, and it was really really good. Anyone else seen this yet?

BrianApocalypse
03-02-2008, 12:41 PM
I have not.

But let me guess....

It asslicks Joe Strummer like every other clash movie?

streetlight7
03-02-2008, 01:24 PM
^ Haha, yes and no.

axeslash
03-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Lemme guess:

"Joe Strummer went through a few hardships in his life, so he decided to do something about it... BY ROCKING!"

Amirite?

Love_Buzz
03-02-2008, 02:26 PM
I saw the new Clash movie Revolution Rock on a public access channel, and it was really really good. Anyone else seen this yet?
I've got it taped.

werty22
03-02-2008, 03:51 PM
I watched it last night. And no, it's not a Joe Strummer worship documentary, it's just a compilation of live performance videos. It was alright, but I had already seen a lot of the videos before.

Wookiedude
03-02-2008, 03:54 PM
thats the one that is going to be released on DVD with "rare" footage from the Tom Snyder Show that you can find on youtube, isn't it?

BrianApocalypse
03-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Yeah, it's about as rare as a burnt steak.

The Clash act like idiots in that. And just about every other interview.

kaptink
03-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Are they showing it on any UK channels soon?

werty22
03-02-2008, 08:56 PM
It's honestly nothing you can't see by searching for "the clash live" on Youtube.

lavazza
03-03-2008, 12:22 PM
^Internet is unp0nx

streetlight7
03-03-2008, 12:50 PM

Ya, just go to their website, and they have a list of dates when and were they are showing it. But you seriously can find most of it on youtube.

Mav-16
03-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Ya, just go to their website, and they have a list of dates when and were they are showing it. But you seriously can find most of it on youtube.

Yeah but Youtube totally blows.

Video quality is horrible same with audio, at least with my computer and speakers. And i don't feel like wasting hella money on computer speakers when I have already rigged a sweet surround system to my Tv.

but i probably won't buy that Clash Dvd because I (like everyone else) have seen all the videos

and two

it's the Clash...

Bmm386
03-11-2008, 02:43 AM
Mkay.

So i just got London Calling, and i was quite literally taken back by how good it is. I expected it to be good, but really.

My expectations were very exceeded.

Why was i not informed?

original=punk
03-11-2008, 04:08 AM
Yeah but Youtube totally blows.

Video quality is horrible same with audio, at least with my computer and speakers. And i don't feel like wasting hella money on computer speakers when I have already rigged a sweet surround system to my Tv.

While we're at it, lets redo all Crass's songs with Pro Tools and pristine clean vocals!

Mav-16
03-11-2008, 04:32 AM
While we're at it, lets redo all Crass's songs with Pro Tools and pristine clean vocals!

to be honest... Crass' audio quality is not even that bad. the first two albums were the worst, but it wasn't bad at all... at least I didn't think. plus if anything that made it part of the sound. It sure sounds like "punk" to me...

The_Rant
05-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Is the live footage the full songs or just little clips?

BTW, the Clash's Tom Snyder interview was pretty funny, but not as good as the P.I.L one.

anti
05-12-2008, 11:50 AM
That girl M.I.A. sampled my favorite clash song, Straight to Hell, in her song Paper Planes. Turned out to be a pretty good song to smoke to.

CowsWithGuns
05-13-2008, 02:40 AM
Mkay.

So i just got London Calling, and i was quite literally taken back by how good it is. I expected it to be good, but really.

My expectations were very exceeded.

Why was i not informed?

If I had to guess I would say that it's because whenever The Clash gets any exposure it tends to be Rock The Casbah, Should I Stay Or Should I Go or Straight To Hell with very very very few deviations from those three. Most people don't know anything about their music other than these songs. Therefore, our expectations tend to be formed around this very small and, in my opinion, mediocre sample of their career and we become so used to thinking of them in terms of those songs that our expectations can be easily exceeded if we make an attempt to find more of their music.

I actually think this about lots of bands. I could be wrong though.

Or it's because the people around you are jerks who want to hide things that you'll enjoy from you. You should punch them all in the face just to be on the safe side.

Iluvpowerchords
05-13-2008, 12:54 PM
London Calling Haterz are teh gayz0r0z.

It is still one of my favorites.

anarkee
05-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Yeah, it's about as rare as a burnt steak.

The Clash act like idiots in that. And just about every other interview.

It wasn't just the Clash btw. That was pretty much any Tom Synder interview with any punk band during the run of his show. Half the fun of watching Tom was how much the inmates could take over the asylum by the end of the show.

The_Rant
06-28-2008, 03:27 AM
i've just seen both recent Clash films- The Future Is Unwritten and Revolution Rock and i have to say that the latter just sucked. While the Joe Strummer film was touchingly human, personal, clever and revealing, RR just provided backing music for another brief re-reciting of the band's (poorly summarised) history that comes with the Eseential Clash Collection. The live footage was sub-par also, with the material comprising of bootlegs easily found on Youtube. The sad truth remains that the satisfactory Clash live DVD is yet to released, as this sure as hell doesn't cut it, which is a shame, bacause the Future Is Unwritten Shows that there is great live footage out there, somwhere.

Originally Posted By CowsWithGuns
If I had to guess I would say that it's because whenever The Clash gets any exposure it tends to be Rock The Casbah, Should I Stay Or Should I Go or Straight To Hell
I hate that. Although, aside from being sampled by MIA and appearing on SNL, since when did Straight To Hell get any 'exposure'. If anything it's one of the most underrated Clash songs of all time.

BrianApocalypse
06-28-2008, 05:50 AM
It wasn't just the Clash btw. That was pretty much any Tom Synder interview with any punk band during the run of his show. Half the fun of watching Tom was how much the inmates could take over the asylum by the end of the show.

That, and the fact that self proclaimed pacifists and humanitarians were going round beating up innocent teddies. :(