nervousness

PDA

View Full Version : nervousness

brucehead
03-02-2008, 10:14 PM
so i have known these members of my band since we were kids and we were always jokers and we'd jam like there's no tomorrow. so we formed a band & we've been doing covers for the past 1/2 year or so now but we finally want to go original and i wrote songs but i'm afraid they will dismiss them because they know me as a joker and not as emotional songwriter. any advice?

Mettliccaa
03-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Just give it a go, you'll never know until you try.

glamdring22
03-02-2008, 10:22 PM
dude, do you know if they are going to dismiss them? or is that just what you think?
but all it takes is one good one, and then they'll be open to whatever ideas you might have.
just wait it out,
and drop a real good one on them when the time comes,
but don't worry, its alright to be goofy, but if you can show that you are serious about music, people will listen.

Ryan Nias
03-02-2008, 10:28 PM
If you think what you're writing is good music then put it to them. If you're worried about their opinion don't present them something half finished and ****e, show them the best **** you have, the stuff you're proud of. Chances are they'll be supportive.

brucehead
03-03-2008, 07:39 PM
thanks

KRSplat
03-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Make sure you show them you're serious, and they should listen seriously. Good friends are there for each other for more than just the jokes.

Armagedn
03-03-2008, 10:32 PM
I am in the exact same position. Just, next time you jam, start playing your song and singing along to it. When they ask what it is, say it's an awesome song they should learn. Then, just jokingly, say you wrote it. That's how I do it.

brucehead
03-04-2008, 06:28 PM
yea i'll try that