Is emo ruining punk?

PDA

View Full Version : Is emo ruining punk?

Spazz Fiend
03-03-2008, 02:36 AM
OK, so heres the deal. I was at school a few days ago (suprisingly) wearing a denim jacket with patches, pins, and the like on it along with my mohawk and this girl looks at me, then leans over to my best friend and asks "does he listen to screaming music", and that really got me to thinking. Has anyone else noticed that many emo trends come from punk? and at least for my yuppie town thats seeming to ruin it for the masses uneducated in punk. What do you guys think?

RockThe40oz
03-03-2008, 02:37 AM
Punks are ruining punk.

METAL MILITIA1
03-03-2008, 02:43 AM
emos dieing and fortunately for the general population they'll all be dead in a few years

axeslash
03-03-2008, 02:44 AM
The queers are ruining punk. They're ruining it with the aliens. They're ruining punk for GAY MARTIANS!

Iluvpowerchords
03-03-2008, 02:44 AM
Silly threadstarter, everyone knows Dirty Harry killed all the punks.

He hated Punks.

boomXheadXshot
03-03-2008, 02:47 AM
its just dumbass, ignorant pricks that think that all rock is just about screaming and smashing guitars.

BigFatSandwich
03-03-2008, 02:48 AM
Punks are ruining punk.
amen.

sargasm
03-03-2008, 02:49 AM
No. Emo is fantastic.

But let's ignore this thread until it drops off the front page and the idiots stop coming in here.

dispreferred
03-03-2008, 02:50 AM
OK, so heres the deal. I was at school a few days ago (suprisingly) wearing a denim jacket with patches, pins, and the like on it along with my mohawk and this girl looks at me, then leans over to my best friend and asks "does he listen to screaming music", and that really got me to thinking. Has anyone else noticed that many emo trends come from punk? and at least for my yuppie town thats seeming to ruin it for the masses uneducated in punk. What do you guys think?
Wow, you are some kind of genius.

axeslash
03-03-2008, 02:50 AM
Punks are ruining emo.

Sargasm, you must not be tr00 punx. We want this thread to stay on the front page. So we can show everyone else how cool we are.

[ LiAm ]
03-03-2008, 02:55 AM
emo is ruining everything

axeslash
03-03-2008, 02:57 AM
']emo is ruining everything
Including your ability to use punctuation and capitalization?

[ LiAm ]
03-03-2008, 03:06 AM
yeah. real funny

Pliant
03-03-2008, 03:11 AM
Why go through all that trouble to look a certain way? Seems st00pid to me...

RockThe40oz
03-03-2008, 03:36 AM
Why go through all that trouble to look a certain way? Seems st00pid to me...

What the hell does that have to do with anything? Especially in this thread?

Why does anybody go through the trouble of purchasing clothes that they think look good?

_fender_fan_
03-03-2008, 03:36 AM

CHECK ME OUT GUYS IM PUNX

RockThe40oz
03-03-2008, 03:52 AM
CHECK ME OUT GUYS IM PUNX

CHECK ME OUT GUYS IM A DOUCHE BAG THAT CARES WHEN SOME KID ON THE INTERNET DESCRIBES WHAT HE WAS WEARING TO SET UP A STORY

_fender_fan_
03-03-2008, 04:00 AM
sorry but i think the whole

'oh i was at school surprisingly because i usually skip school because im so punk rock' act is just such a joke

RockThe40oz
03-03-2008, 04:35 AM
sorry but i think the whole

'oh i was at school surprisingly because i usually skip school because im so punk rock' act is just such a joke

A lot of punk kids start out that way and then calm down about it later... there's really no need to be rude about it.

and Spazz... I don't want to be too quick to pass judgment, but I'm assuming you haven't been into punk that long. You'll learn to deal with the fact that pretty much nobody knows what punk music is actually like. They all assume every punk band just screams at the top of their lungs about anarchy. It has nothing to do with emo.

Also, skipping school doesn't make you punk or cool or rebellious or free... it makes you uneducated and useless. It doesn't matter how many things you want to change if you don't have the basic knowledge of how the world works. I've had too many friends drop out of high school and end up 23 and living with their parents working some manual labor job 60 hours a week with nothing to show for their lives.

_fender_fan_
03-03-2008, 05:01 AM
A lot of punk kids start out that way and then calm down about it later... there's really no need to be rude about it.

damn it...punks are too mature :peace:

recklessnick
03-03-2008, 05:25 AM
without emo, punk would be too boring and angry. and they will never get laid

BrianApocalypse
03-03-2008, 05:50 AM
That's right, Nick. The in image at the moment is really just darkened cleaned up punk. These *****s with chlamydia will soon move onto other things, however, so fear not.

original=punk
03-03-2008, 08:14 AM
CHECK ME OUT GUYS IM A DOUCHE BAG THAT CARES WHEN SOME KID ON THE INTERNET DESCRIBES WHAT HE WAS WEARING TO SET UP A STORY
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

haha: I love saying that now.

And actually, mr punky-pants TS, my best friend's older sister is very "punk" dressing and listens to everything from Thursday to Dead Kennedys, Sublime to Run DMC.

BrianApocalypse
03-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Boy, I hate Run DMC. F*cking black supremacists. F*ck civil rights.

Just kidding, but I get really pissed off when everyone goes round rimming "walk this way".

It's not THAT good.

lolmnt
03-03-2008, 11:08 AM
OK, so heres the deal. I was at school a few days ago (suprisingly) wearing a denim jacket with patches, pins, and the like on it along with my mohawk and this girl looks at me, then leans over to my best friend and asks "does he listen to screaming music", and that really got me to thinking. Has anyone else noticed that many emo trends come from punk? and at least for my yuppie town thats seeming to ruin it for the masses uneducated in punk. What do you guys think?Learn what emo is, plz.

Actually you should probably learn what punk is

kthanxbai

SuperBlob
03-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Boy, I hate Run DMC. F*cking black supremacists. F*ck civil rights.

Just kidding, but I get really pissed off when everyone goes round rimming "walk this way".

It's not THAT good.
It's Tricky > Walk This Way

****ing Aerosmith.

ROBZ-AOE
03-03-2008, 11:37 AM
punk is just an Attitude that was mainly set by the sex pistols that made all the people not give F**K about anything now the poxy new bands think they are punk cus they swear alot and act like asswipes.

i do like the patches and pins tho they are cool

axeslash
03-03-2008, 11:44 AM
punk is just an Attitude that was mainly set by the sex pistols that made all the people not give F**K about anything now the poxy new bands think they are punk cus they swear alot and act like asswipes.

i do like the patches and pins tho they are cool
Thanks for letting us all know to ignore you by prefacing your statement by stating that Sex Pistols invented punk.

Man this thread is like a magnet for anyone who doesn't know anything about punk/emo.

ForrestS
03-03-2008, 12:34 PM
emos dieing and fortunately for the general population they'll all be dead in a few years

YAY! :D

lavazza
03-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Emos WHO THINK THEYīRE PUNK ruin Punk

axeslash
03-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Emos Who Tamper With The Fabric Of Time And Space Are Ruining Punk

sargasm
03-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Punks WHO THINK THEY'RE EMO ruin avant-garde free jazz.

lavazza
03-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Punks WHO THINK THEY'RE EMO ruin avant-garde free jazz.

Hey donīt say anything against Jazz nazis, itīs my job

Iluvpowerchords
03-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Stephen Colbert made Mike Huckabee who then ruined punk!

axeslash
03-03-2008, 12:56 PM
All your base are belong to ruining punk.

sargasm
03-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Candlejack is ruining pu

Iluvpowerchords
03-03-2008, 01:09 PM
How many roads must a man walk down before he can ruin punk?

axeslash
03-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Four score and seven years ago our fathers ruined punk.

lolmnt
03-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Stephen Colbert made Mike Huckabee who then ruined punk!And Conan made Colbert

And Stewart made Conan

So Stewart is ruined punk

BrianApocalypse
03-03-2008, 02:11 PM
How many roads must a man walk down before he can ruin punk?

The answer, my friend, is angry samoans in the wind.

Punx&Skunx
03-03-2008, 02:35 PM
First off Emo came from Punk. Second, just cause she said screaming music doesnt mean she's talking about emo. A lot of punk has "screaming" vocals...

And no emo isnt ruining punk.

axeslash
03-03-2008, 03:20 PM
The answer, my friend, is angry samoans in the wind.
Oh **** you Brian, **** you.

DanRev
03-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Am I the only one who isnt buying into this whole "like real emo to look less ignorant" thing?

I hate emo. All kinds. I have heard real emo and I hate that too. Everyone seems to think I'm some sort of ignorant metalhead for not liking real emo, because real emo is really amazing apparently. For real.

lolmnt
03-03-2008, 03:42 PM
It is amazing, but you don't have to like it

Cameronrobson
03-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Am I the only one who isnt buying into this whole "like real emo to look less ignorant" thing?

I hate emo. All kinds. I have heard real emo and I hate that too. Everyone seems to think I'm some sort of ignorant metalhead for not liking real emo, because real emo is really amazing apparently. For real.
While real emo is amazing ( for real ), the people you are speaking of are called Elitists and you should use your ignorant metalhead moshing skills on them.

ss311
03-03-2008, 03:52 PM
I agree with DanRev's comments on 'real emo'.

RockThe40oz
03-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Fairly unrelated, but:

I think Ninja Punch would be a great name for an hxc band.

Don't ask where this post came from.. something about screaming music.. and ignorant metalhead moshing skills... I don't know

StreetLight3989
03-03-2008, 04:11 PM
I can be a bit of an emo elitist at times, I admit, but I'm working on it. Real emo is an amazing genre of music, that I love. Not to look superior or non ignorant, but just because I love it. I love the emotion bleeding right through the music, it's such great music. I don't care if you don't like it though, I just don't like when people ignorantly bash it.

Love_Buzz
03-03-2008, 04:31 PM
I Ruined Punk!

Mav-16
03-03-2008, 04:33 PM

+1

Jawbreaker and all that stuff sucks too

Emo sucks

lolmnt
03-03-2008, 04:35 PM
:mad:

:peace:

mike2
03-03-2008, 05:12 PM

thank you...

IlikeTheSKA
03-03-2008, 05:22 PM
+1

Jawbreaker and all that stuff sucks too

Emo sucks

You know, you're NOT entitled to your own opinion.

kaptink
03-03-2008, 06:00 PM

Meh, its alright. You don't have to like it to not look like a dick.

crustyreed
03-03-2008, 06:09 PM

no 1. it sounds like you dont know what a yuppie is.

no 2. you like spazzzz?

werty22
03-03-2008, 06:46 PM
How exactly is Jawbreaker emo? They mostly just sound like a lot of the other Gilman Street area pop-punk bands to me.

dookie_dude_
03-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Punks are ruining punk.
Thats the smartest thing Ive heard, ever. No sarcasm.

How exactly is Jawbreaker emo? They mostly just sound like a lot of the other Gilman Street area pop-punk bands to me.
they would have been called 2nd wave emo. which was really punk with idk the deeper, pop punk of the early 90s. Fugazi and others would be considered as too, but in the late 90s the 3rd wave began where pathetic, poprock/popalternative/indie bands like Weezer and Jimmy Eat World came in wearing somewhat of plaid, trendier clothing, and trying to look like nerds. and now emo is used as a clothing statement and really listen to hardcore, sceamo, metal and all that other garbage. and think theyre totally badasses by morons, 'skaters', and... just everyone. 2rd wave, 3rd wave, and the fashion are all almost completely different.

and to TS, dont wear mohawks, fashion shouldnt have to show that your just a tyte, mondo, hard to the core, sick to the bone, 'punk rocker', without a cause.. no

axeslash
03-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Yoko Ono ruined the Beatles.

sargasm
03-03-2008, 06:53 PM
The Beatles ruined beetles.

RizzoWashburn
03-03-2008, 06:54 PM
I hate how the Beatles spelled Beetles wrong. It makes me angry every time I see their name.

Southeast Exit
03-03-2008, 06:56 PM
ive never thought of punk and emo as the same music..

StreetLight3989
03-03-2008, 07:07 PM
ive never thought of punk and emo as the same music..
Emo is very closely related to punk, it actually evolved out of hardcore punk.

blackflag49
03-03-2008, 07:44 PM

I hate emo. All kinds. I have heard real emo and I hate that too. Everyone seems to think I'm some sort of ignorant metalhead for not liking real emo, because real emo is really amazing apparently. For real.Agreed.. except for Moss Icon. They're pretty good.

But Jawbreaker.. I'm just going to say this once, because I know it'll get everybody's panties in a bunch..

Jawbreaker sucks.

lolmnt
03-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Agreed.. except for Moss Icon. They're pretty good.

But Jawbreaker.. I'm just going to say this once, because I know it'll get everybody's panties in a bunch..

Jawbreaker sucks.

:peace:*Untwists his panties*

IlikeTheSKA
03-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Agreed.. except for Moss Icon. They're pretty good.

I'm punk! oi oi oi oi oi!

What about Jawbreaker?

blackflag49
03-03-2008, 08:29 PM
^Mmm.. I've never said that, but I'd be a fool to deny it.

*-)