Patrick Droney

PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Droney

Roedy0309
03-04-2008, 10:25 PM
I just saw an ad of this kid in the new Guitar World. Im listening to his songs right now and they are pretty descent. So all I want to know is how old he is?

stoney21
03-07-2008, 09:49 AM
His site says he is 15. He has played with some big names , has a great sound.
It says that is has collaborated with Breaking Ben and Chris Henderson on some of his songs coming out. Def someone to watch for

Axeman5150
03-07-2008, 01:56 PM
I caught this kid in AC NJ at Experience Hendrix tour. He was with Robbie Krieger , Mitch Mitchell , Billy Cox and Chris Layton. He had a great style and amazing tone. His site said his release is in June. He is is a definitie download.

JohnMGTR
03-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Just saw him in the ad as well. Caught his show at the Montreal Jazz Fest before Bob Dylan,i would never think he was 15, he's got some serious skill very mature sound....reminds me of a John Mayer meets Gary Moore....sounds like he's got some longevity, definitely gonna get the record.

Axeman5150
03-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Wow, he played at Montreal, you have to have some serious stuff to play that gig!
My buddy who is a great player and teacher,saw him with me, told me after hearing him play that he was throwing away his guitar and taking up the fiddle! Yea he was that good. He was playing a PRS guitar,it had gold on it so I guess it was an early artist model, probly 90's custom 24. New PRS's couldn't sound like that. I,m a fender guy all the way, but I have never heard a PRS sound that sweet. At one point I thought I saw smoke coming from his fretboard. He certainly was the best player on the bill, and he left us wanting more. I guess that is the best compliment a player can get, and my buddies agree. Looks like he is endorsed by PRS, is on the short artist list on Two-Rock amps with Joe B and Mayer. This guy has potential to be a must see guitar guy. I will keep following him. I hope to see him here in California.

rockchickny
09-11-2008, 03:12 PM
He's only 15!!!

and he's got a lot under his belt.....

Won the Robert Johnson Star Award in 2006 as one of the country’s most promising young musicians,

Patrick played at The Montreal Jazz Festival, The Whiskey
A-Go-Go, BB King’s Blues Clubs (LA and NYC), The Bamboozle Music Festival,
and House of Blues...

His band (in 2006) was even the
youngest to play the Stone Pony in Asbury Park, NJ, according to Vintage
Guitar Magazine,

He has been the support band for such legends as BB King
and the late James Brown and recently (October 2007),

and he performed at the Taj Mahal in Atlantic City as part of the Jimi Hendrix Experience Tour, sharing the stage with Mitch Mitchell (drums) and Billy Cox (bass), the same Jimi Hendrix Experience rhythm section that played behind Hendrix at Woodstock.

Totally check him out-

I found a FREE download to his song, "Save Me" at: http://www.rockridgefree.com

He also has a website: http://www.patrickdroney.com

http://www.rockridgemusic.com/assets/patrick_droneybw.jpg