Don't You People Ever Get Bored?

PDA

View Full Version : Don't You People Ever Get Bored?

JeffWiredBeck24
03-05-2008, 04:28 AM
Fifth chords over and over again with all guitar solos around 40 seconds long in the Pentatonic scale. Fun and enjoyable in small doses, but the general Classic Rock music does get incredibly boring after a while. I used to be your typical CR elitist, but luckily I've branched off. It is fun to listen to, but there's only so much AC/DC I can handle before realizing it's the same, tired formula repeated countless times.

I don't mean bands such as Queen, King Crimson, The Beatles, The Who (bands who can write brilliant music without having to use a formula every song) and the like, I mean bands like AC/DC, Aersomith, etc.

Responses that consist of "u dont understand true rock and/or roll" are not appreciated.

Carswell98
03-05-2008, 04:55 AM
I can see where you come from, but it's not as if saying that will change anything, because some people can listen to that type of thing until the end of the earth.

I listen to a lot of different music, right now it's the soundtrack to Fantasia :haha

edit- and actually, for the record, I despise AC/DC

Cptbeefheart
03-05-2008, 09:25 AM
I do get bored with the standard classic rock, which is why I listen to much more than just classic rock.

BrainDamage
03-05-2008, 12:41 PM
I don't think Aerosmith are like that at all. AC/DC, on the other hand...

psychodelia
03-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Yes, it's formulaic, but if that's what people want to listen to, big deal.

farcry
03-05-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm willing to guess the large large majority of us listen to way more than the kind of bands you listed. I never ever listen to AC/DC or Aerosmith for that very reason, as well as Queen. Every single song sounds the same. But Pink Floyd and Zeppelin and Sabbath and etc etc. have songs that are vastly different(eg. all my love compared to no quarter). Just because we like one band doesn't mean we can't like another completely different thing. I mean, my top 3 bands on my ipod are Pink Floyd, Tool and the Chili Peppers, all 3 completely different things. I think the CR elitist is more of a rarity than you'd think. This just happens to be a forum where some of the music we like falls into.

therussian
03-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Fifth chords over and over again with all guitar solos around 40 seconds long in the Pentatonic scale. Fun and enjoyable in small doses, but the general Classic Rock music does get incredibly boring after a while. I used to be your typical CR elitist, but luckily I've branched off. It is fun to listen to, but there's only so much AC/DC I can handle before realizing it's the same, tired formula repeated countless times.

I don't mean bands such as Queen, King Crimson, The Beatles, The Who (bands who can write brilliant music without having to use a formula every song) and the like, I mean bands like AC/DC, Aersomith, etc.

Responses that consist of "u dont understand true rock and/or roll" are not appreciated.
You use AC/DC and Aerosmith, two bands (which I'm not a fan of) to generalise all/most of classic rock? Wow, that's very smart of you.

Sly Taco
03-05-2008, 05:07 PM
^ i agree what bad examples of classic rock

Minkaro
03-05-2008, 05:19 PM
I can see where you're coming from with AC/DC, but there's quite a few Aerosmith songs that are very different.

Especially the newer ones, from the Honkin' On Bobo album, compared to the old ones.

Thefallofman
03-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Yes, it's formulaic, but if that's what people want to listen to, big deal.
The same can be said of any genre.

psychodelia
03-05-2008, 06:26 PM
The same can be said of any genre.

I apologize for the confusion: my statement was directed towards artists like AC/DC.

But, even if we are just categorizing individual artists (regardless of genre) as being formulaic, boring, or downright bad, I don't think it's really worth worrying about why they like them. I like plenty of music that's not particularly imaginative.

master
03-05-2008, 07:11 PM
You must really hate the blues then, huh?