please help me out

PDA

View Full Version : please help me out

All_Hands_Dead
03-05-2008, 08:38 PM
so today i was supposed to have practice with a few friends of mine for a band we are trying to start up (band a), but i got a request to practice with another band (band b), and im way better friends than all of them. so i went to band b's practice and i liked it a lot better than the practices with band a. band b is also much father along than band a and they needed another guitarist. so...what do i do? my friends in band a would be pissed if i just ditched them, but band b holds more potential for me as a guitarist and im way better friends with all of them. i just dont know how to break it to band a, even though the bassist has been holding us back for a long time. suggestions?

SSDDPunkRocker
03-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Tell them you'd feel more comfortable pursuing other things. It's easy as that. Yes, they're your friends, but they're true friends, they won't be bitter for you deciding what's best for your aspirations.

Moose1309
03-05-2008, 08:47 PM
That is a tough one. I would be brutally honest and tell them that this isn't going anywhere, and that you are gonna do your own thing for a while. Then, join band b. You don't even have to tell band a. See how it plays ut from there, I guess. I was in a similar situation recently, and yeah, the guys were pissed for a few days after they found out I ditched them for another band, but we eventually got over it and are just as good of friends as we were before hand.

All_Hands_Dead
03-05-2008, 08:47 PM
thanks, i'll try that and i'm sure they wont be too happy, but our last bassist quit for the same reason, but w/e

samick007
03-05-2008, 08:48 PM
if your better friends with band b, and they're better players, then why wouldn't you? just tell band a that they need to find a new guitarist

All_Hands_Dead
03-05-2008, 08:50 PM
thanks guys, i'll break it to them after my spot is set in band b

DanielQ
03-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Tough choice. Choose what's more important - friends or musical success/potential.

SlackerBabbath
03-06-2008, 04:02 AM
I'm personaly in two bands at the moment, our guitarist was in three but he's just left one of them, our bassist is in two and our drummer is in just our band but is always ready to help a band out.

So why can't you do both?

FuzzyBear
03-06-2008, 05:42 AM
if the 2 bands are different genre id say play with both

if theyre both very similiar it would probably be best to choose your favourite one to play with

stuntdouble
03-06-2008, 06:52 AM
Play both unless your little fingers will bleed.....

gald
03-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Play in both?

Sonicxlover
03-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Why can't you play in both? Tons of people are in multiple bands. My drummer for one of my bands is in 3 bands.