Breaking the news to him

PDA

View Full Version : Breaking the news to him

Punk Rocker
03-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Ok so me and my friend Christine decided to start a band, with us on guitar. Were both friends with this kid Steve and hes really cool and supposedly amazing at drums, so we asked him if we was interested and he was, so now hes in. Thing is, he wants this kid Peter to join us, but me and Christine don't really want Peter to join. He's really ignorant and ****...I mean he thinks Jesus was a Christian and that because they acknowledge Jesus, Jews and Muslims are Christian. And I just wouldn't wanna be in a band with him in general I dunno. But Steve said he'd been talking to this kid for a while about starting a band and kind of feels obligated to invite him to join. What do you think I should tell Steve, I mean me and Christine really don't want Peter to join. Its nothing personal against him, just the reasons I stated before.

SilentGhost
03-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Just tell him straight up that he's ignorant and you don't want him.

ExtremeMetalFTW
03-05-2008, 09:54 PM
1st make sure that Steve is as good as he says he is

2nd you and Christien don't want Peter in, so it's 2 to 1 so Petey doesn't come in

MetallicaMan1
03-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Tell him that you dont want Peter in your band. If he disagrees... well, you and Christine are the "owners" of the band since you guys started it.

jbaker253
03-05-2008, 09:57 PM
let him "try out" & then pick him apart afterwards. basically this will tell him he sucks & cant join & he will never want to try out for a band again! muahahahaha!

marshmellow666
03-05-2008, 10:00 PM
sounds like you guys'll make a great band

rage6945
03-05-2008, 10:07 PM
i see these a lot and i've come up with my final solution for everyone who has problems with this stuff.......if drama is starting before you guys even play together then you shouldnt be playing in a band with those people. i'm not saying you should not play with your friend christine, but if your talking to some kid and he's gonna just bring problems.... well you know what to do. dont feel obliged to get someone in your band just because they play an instrument, you should be close with the members, you gotta all be thinking in the same direction if you want it to work out.
when my band started, one of my good friends came to me and these kids when we were jamming and says "my guitarist and bassist just quit, do you guys wanna start a band?" no problems ever haha

Spazz128735
03-05-2008, 10:37 PM
rage6949's got it. and/or just tell him you don't like the kid and you think it would inhibit you as a collaborative musical entity.

also, Its nothing personal against him, just the reasons I stated before.You don't like the kid, but it's nothing personal? No offense, but you're a ****ing moron.

(you see what I did there?)

Punk Rocker
03-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Alright I'll admit that was pretty stupid of me....what I meant was like its not on a level where I hate his guts and wanna beat the **** out of him...I just dont wanna be in a band with him.

And thanks for the suggestions guys.

SlackerBabbath
03-06-2008, 05:47 AM
Ok so me and my friend Christine decided to start a band, with us on guitar. Were both friends with this kid Steve and hes really cool and supposedly amazing at drums, so we asked him if we was interested and he was, so now hes in. Thing is, he wants this kid Peter to join us, but me and Christine don't really want Peter to join. He's really ignorant and ****...I mean he thinks Jesus was a Christian and that because they acknowledge Jesus, Jews and Muslims are Christian. And I just wouldn't wanna be in a band with him in general I dunno. But Steve said he'd been talking to this kid for a while about starting a band and kind of feels obligated to invite him to join. What do you think I should tell Steve, I mean me and Christine really don't want Peter to join. Its nothing personal against him, just the reasons I stated before.
Wait, let me get this straight, you don't want this kid in your band because of his lack of knowledge about religion??
What the hell has his religious views got to do with it? It hardly matters compaired to the really important questions. Can he play? Is he easy enough to get along with?
Golden rules of running a band.
Never get involved in a relationship with another member of the band. (which has been covered recently in another thread)
NO politics and NO religion because everyone has a different view on these subjects (which they are entitled to) which can lead to arguments, so these subjects of discussion are taboo.
At the end of the day, it's your band and you decide who's in and who's out, but make sure you're making your decisions based on genuine reasoning, otherwise, you'll find nit picking little reasons not to be happy with anyone your band tries out.
Let me just predict a problem you may have coming up on the horizon.
Steve's an amazing drummer right? So there must be some reason why he wants Peter to join. Either Peter is a good friend of Steve's (in which case Steve's gonna be insulted that you don't like his taste in friends.) or Peter's a really good musician (in which case Steve might just start wondering about leaving you guys and putting a band together with Peter instead if you regect Peter for no good reason.)

littledude65
03-06-2008, 10:09 PM
let him "try out" & then pick him apart afterwards. basically this will tell him he sucks & cant join & he will never want to try out for a band again! muahahahaha!
Wow, you're a horrible person, but one of the greatest things I've heard all day.